Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Wet skid pat event at One Lap

Old 03-07-2018, 09:16 AM
mig7410
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Wet skid pat event at One Lap

I'm doing the Tire Rack One Lap of America. The first event is at Tire Rack on their wet skid pad. I'm doing this event in my 2017 Porsche 911 Turbo S.
What mode setting do you think I should set for this event?
My first though was "Sport Plus", but this event is slow mph just trying not to spin out. Maybe "normal" or "sport " would be best.
What do you think?
Here is link to a video of the event, the fastest cars only are going around 32MPH.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:26 AM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

Nice. I've done it 3 times (a long time ago now). I'd use Sport mode and possibly reduced traction control so the car can spin a bit. But then, I haven't gone out and practiced with the TTS in the wet, so if you can do that, give it a go.
Old 03-07-2018, 09:44 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Yeah, I would stay with Sport also. Who are the drivers for the BMW team this year? A couple of those guys are world-class drifters that literally do this every day at the BMW driving school and can probably offer you tips and suggestions.

Update: I watched the video and heard the BMW driver was Mike "Schnell" Renner, who is a senior instructor at the BMW school and all-around nice guy. Check out his thoughts on this.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:08 AM
mig7410
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyc151
Yeah, I would stay with Sport also. Who are the drivers for the BMW team this year? A couple of those guys are world-class drifters that literally do this every day at the BMW driving school and can probably offer you tips and suggestions.

Update: I watched the video and heard the BMW driver was Mike "Schnell" Renner, who is a senior instructor at the BMW school and all-around nice guy. Check out his thoughts on this.
Will do, thank you

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wet skid pat event at One Lap