Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

2018 TTS-First Cab?

Old 03-10-2018, 06:45 PM
GTSBoneDoc
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 2018 TTS-First Cab?

I've come across a 2018 TTS cab that I am tempted to purchase to go along with my 991.2GT3.

A couple of Qs:
1) The car is basically a spartan build in that it has no additional options. I wish it had cooled/heated seats and Burmeister but can live without. Thoughts on depreciation and whether you guys would purchase a bare bones build (i realize usually you don't get options back on resale).

2) I have never owned a convertible. I prefer the look of the coupe particularly when the top is up as most do but I am tempted to give the open air experience a shot and I think it may be a better complement to my GT3 than a coupe.

3) for those who have the cab (I've searched the forum for this and found a couple of threads), any major rattles? Any noticeable difference in performance?

Thanks!
Old 03-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You will get crushed on resale. That build was obviously an accident or a PCNA build.
Old 03-11-2018, 01:33 AM
C4SxM5
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I’m not sure if it would get crushed. Just like any other car you have to find the right buyer. I purchased a 14 tts and 15 ctt both launch cars with minimal options and sold the tts quickly (ctt had to trade it in for taxes). I traded the ctt I. For a 991.2 tts and made sure it had the options I wanted though.
Old 03-11-2018, 03:44 AM
cartester
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my 991 TS cab. No roof related issues or rattles at all. The top is actually cloth covered magnesium panels so it's like a coupe when closed. The 991 cab roof is designed to look as much like the coupe as possible unlike previous models. The open air experience is great when you want it but I like to lower the top even in brisk temperatures and the heated seats would be missed. It's only about 100 lbs heavier than the coupe so no noticeable performance differences unless you can detect 0.1 seconds to 60. Go for it.
Old 03-11-2018, 08:59 AM
IMI A
Banned

Received 259 Likes on 155 Posts

They come pretty well equipped in turbo guise. the 991.2 turbo s cab is the only cab I've driven (inc Bentley, Rolls, BMW, Mercedes etc) that doesn't have so much as squeak let alone a rattle in it. I was very surprised. No downsides to speak of with the latest gen 991 cab in my view.

By way of contrast I took one of the first 991.1 turbo S coupes when new and it had rattles. I think Porsche have really upped their game with their cabriolets nowadays. The build quality is unbelievable.
Old 03-11-2018, 11:33 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 771 Posts

No issues here. Treat the rubber with Gummi Pflege periodically and you won’t hear any squeaks or rattles. As mentioned above, the 991 top is vastly superior to the previous models.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:45 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 2017 991.2 TTS Cab and love it. I am just coming up on 1 year and have 6,400 Miles on it. I daily drive it and am amazed how controllable the power curve is - very tame/docile until you want to turn it into a beast with the press of one pedal.

I live in FL and typically always have the top down whenever possible. It is my first convertible and I love the openness when driving, especially along the waterfront and in the big cities with tall buildings.

The top is fantastically constructed. Likely as quiet as a coupe with the roof up. It opens and closes at up to 30 mph and has not had any issues (no squeaks or rattles anywhere in the vehicle).

There is a built in wind deflector that is great as well. It’s completeky stealth until you decide to use it, then it extends out of the rear of the back seats. With top down, deflector up and and windows closed there is very little wind in the vehicle at all speeds. I would anticipate it’s similar to the Targa experience. My wife prefers that when she’s not sporting a ball cap if I have the top lowered.

I ordered mine, so checked most of the boxes. I love the ventilated seats (only used heat a couple if times). I also like the heated steering wheel. I’m not sure if this would be a deal breaker for a new buyer, perhaps more likely so in a very cold climate. The seat cooler essentially recirculates ambient air, so on a hot day it’s less useful if the top is down.

Ove drven the 991.1 GT3 and would agree they are very different cars. They’d supplement each other quite well.

The TTS does have a rear seat and my sons friends love when I offer to drive (they are 13-14 yrs old and don’t mind squeezing in).
Old 03-13-2018, 05:26 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,436 Likes on 996 Posts

No issues with my 15 TTS Cab except that it's coming off lease in June, BUT, I have an 18 build slot that freezes in a couple weeks to replace it with.
Yes, the depreciation is tough to swallow.
On the 15, I will have had it 3 years and it went from sticker of $208K to residual of $100K. Dealer is gonna buy the car from PFS and write me a check for $20K. I'm sure they'll wax it and sell it for $150K.
As for rattles or anything else, not one thing has gone wrong with anything bumper to bumper. Buy the car you want and don't worry about the resale. You'll love it and you only live once.
The TTS 991 Cabs are amazing cars. Period!! Good luck whatever you decide....
Edit: My avatar (left) is the 15 ripping up Pocono....
Old 03-13-2018, 08:55 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by GTSBoneDoc
I've come across a 2018 TTS cab that I am tempted to purchase to go along with my 991.2GT3.

A couple of Qs:
1) The car is basically a spartan build in that it has no additional options. I wish it had cooled/heated seats and Burmeister but can live without. Thoughts on depreciation and whether you guys would purchase a bare bones build (i realize usually you don't get options back on resale).

2) I have never owned a convertible. I prefer the look of the coupe particularly when the top is up as most do but I am tempted to give the open air experience a shot and I think it may be a better complement to my GT3 than a coupe.

3) for those who have the cab (I've searched the forum for this and found a couple of threads), any major rattles? Any noticeable difference in performance?

Thanks!
Have the 17 cab and love it. With the top up I have no issues and surprisingly quite for what it is. With the top down and with Kline exhaust and headers makes it worth the extra money.

Can’t comment on performance, but after Sam and his stage 3 installed it’s just a monster. Can’t imagine you could tell any performance difference on the street between the two.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 TTS-First Cab?