Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

New TTS finally Arrived

Old 02-27-2018, 04:08 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cargt63
"The only way to fly, looks great, love the blue. Mine is receiving a full wrap also, tell the dealer to leave the car as is, let the detailer remove the wrap."

Yes, that is exactly what I did. I basically told them not to tough the car
Who is doing the work for you?
Old 02-27-2018, 04:11 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

I will keep you posted on your goodies mate!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 02-27-2018, 04:17 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Sam. Can hardly wait
Old 02-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Originally Posted by 72offsuit
Who is doing the work for you?
Undecided between a local shop and Porsche Sewickley (who use another third party installer). I have some confusion since one claims they use XPel Ultimate PLUS - which they claim is new and superior to Ultimate - and the other claims PLUS is inferior and there is nothing better than Ultimate. If I find out who it right, that will seal the deal.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:02 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Looks fantastic Marco. I went with the Ceramic Pro finish. I have to say it looks fantastic and it did smooth out the clear coat as well after completed. Great looking car and color. Enjoy the heck out of it. Any reason you didn't
go with the Ceramic Pro. I'm not a big fan of the wrap. If my paint gets a few war wounds thats part of the process of driving. I love the feel of the natural paint. Good luck again. Hope the weather stays calm.

Don't forget to change those side markers.

Jay
Old 02-27-2018, 08:10 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Superb !!
Old 02-27-2018, 08:23 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

Hi Jay,

The ceramic coatings keep the paint clean but do not protect it. You need a different layer to withstand the impact of stones and other airborne small objects.I will have a ceramic coating over the wrap.
I will track the car as much as I can, and I do not want to beat up the PTS coating. In SW PA the roads are horrible and poorly maintained. Sometimes it is like traveling through Central Africa. Additionally this is my daily driver. Plus there will not be a soul who can properly match the paint for repairs. If done right (the bumpers will come off to completely wrap every edge), you can hardly see it. Only up very close. in short Ceramic Pro will work for a Garage Queen, not for Road Btch
Have to wait 1 1/2 week until the wrap is done. .....

My porsche dealer automatically changes all orange side markers to white. They dislike it as much as I do. I already ordered the smoke wrap to make them look like the ones on your car.

Marco
Old 02-27-2018, 08:26 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Undecided between a local shop and Porsche Sewickley (who use another third party installer). I have some confusion since one claims they use XPel Ultimate PLUS - which they claim is new and superior to Ultimate - and the other claims PLUS is inferior and there is nothing better than Ultimate. If I find out who it right, that will seal the deal.
Now I am confused, was not aware that there was an XPEL Ultimate Plus. I just had Suntek PPF ULTRA installed on mine topped with Kamikaze Surface Film Coat designed for PPF.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:42 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

That makes two of us very confused. I will stick with the dealership’s installer. Especially since the bumpers and other parts come off. Most of the folks at Sewickley Porsche are car enthusiasts like us. Anything but Stealers that you hear about in these forums. Yes, I know I can get things cheaper somewhere else but if I wanted cheap I would not order a new TTS.
Old 02-27-2018, 08:58 PM
Yupkwondo
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That makes two of us very confused. I will stick with the dealership’s installer. Especially since the bumpers and other parts come off. Most of the folks at Sewickley Porsche are car enthusiasts like us. Anything but Stealers that you hear about in these forums. Yes, I know I can get things cheaper somewhere else but if I wanted cheap I would not order a new TTS.
It’s a few hours away, but if you really want it done by the best, I would suggest esoteric... they are going to be more expensive, but their results are nothing short of amazing.

https://www.esotericdetail.com/

Old 02-27-2018, 09:07 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

I had my Ferrari 458 Speciale done by Esoteric because I bought it from the dealership close to them. Fantastic people to deal with. They did an amazing polishing job but the film installation was comparable to others I have seen, and certainly not perfect. I believe that is not their forte.
The products they use for the ceramic coating are fantastic as well.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:26 PM
Yupkwondo
Intermediate

I had my Ferrari 458 Speciale done by Esoteric because I bought it from the dealership close to them. Fantastic people to deal with. They did an amazing polishing job but the film installation was comparable to others I have seen, and certainly not perfect. I believe that is not their forte.
The products they use for the ceramic coating are fantastic as well.
That's interesting to me only because they’ve done three of my vehicles recently, including a full matte wrap on my R8, and there wasn’t a flaw to be found on the R8. The others were not full wraps, so there were going to be areas where you are going to see the wrap. I wonder if they have just gotten better at it over time. I will agree from what I know it wasn’t their core competency, but have put more focus on it as their customers have demanded it. Now I could be completely off base on that, but I’ve been happy and that’s all I can ask for. I’m assuming the dealership your speaking of is MAG, I just started dealing with them as well... btw beautiful car, mine comes in about 4-5 weeks.
Old 02-27-2018, 10:54 PM
Cargt63
Instructor

MAG’s Ferrari service department was not so good. I know of people who live around the corner from MAG who have their Ferrari’s serviced at another dealership (Atlanta).
Also, I never even personally met the salesman. Everything was done over the phone and through email. He had all kind of personal issues to deal with, which was bad enough for him, but if you buy a car that costs $370,000 (incl tax) you would expect them to have someone else taking care of their customers.
I hope for you their Porsche Branche is better.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:23 AM
Yupkwondo
Intermediate

MAG’s Ferrari service department was not so good. I know of people who live around the corner from MAG who have their Ferrari’s serviced at another dealership (Atlanta).
Also, I never even personally met the salesman. Everything was done over the phone and through email. He had all kind of personal issues to deal with, which was bad enough for him, but if you buy a car that costs $370,000 (incl tax) you would expect them to have someone else taking care of their customers.
I hope for you their Porsche Branche is better.
I actually am dealing with them for the Lamborghini side, put an order in for a huracan performante spyder. But this isn’t the first I’ve heard of them having some issues.

I deal with Porsche of Beachwood for Porsche. They’ve been great, but frustrating since they have so many good customers it’s hard to get even considered for limited or GT cars. Thanks for letting me know your experiences though I appreciate it.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:57 PM
robwe46m3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why Kline and not Akrapovic?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New TTS finally Arrived