Sponsored by: Road Spy

991.2 Turbo S By Design stage 3 experience Costa Rica

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 05:27 PM
pablocr
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up 991.2 Turbo S By Design stage 3 experience Costa Rica

Hi, I’m new in the forums. I felt it was important to share my experience down here in Costa Rica.
I contact Sam because I bought all my stage 3 hardware from another Company and I wasn’t happy at all with the header/exhaust system they sold me, it was loud, muscle car style loud and the worst part it drone a lot. I couldn’t enjoy the car anymore. The car lost all it’s refinement.

Anyway, stage 3 hardware included:
IPD Plenum and Y pipe
BMC air filter
By Design 4.5” intercoolers (This is why I first new about Sam)
Heades/Exhaust 200CEL HJS Cats. (For review purposes exhaust #1)

The first 551 awhp (Blue) was with this set up and stock ECU.

I started talking to Sam about my frustrated experience with the exhaust he was very kind and I appreciate how patience he was (still is) with me.
I purchase his Inconel Kline full system with 200 CEL HJS cats, I need to keep smog legal, we have emission test every year through the pipe.
Meanwhile the Kline exhaust was in the manufacturing process Sam and I had time to talk about practically everything about this car.
The best part of everything was that during this time Sam was able the complete his ECU flash for the 991.2 TTS. So I took a 6+ hour flight to LA with my ECU on the carry-on luggage. I stayed at LA enjoying all Sam’s suggestions about the city while he was doing his MAGIC with my ECU.

Back home I re-installed the ECU in place and the Kline exhaust was very emotional installing it since is a really work of art piece, very light and build perfection worth of a 200K car.

Starting the car was the first sign of things going on the right direction, smooth and quite sound, refined again! I took it for a short spin and more great things happened, drone was gone!! and after 3K rpms under heavy load the car screams very close to a GT3, awesome!!!

About the ECU, this was really magical, obviously the extra power was very noticeable, but the best part is how the power is delivered. Boost starts building up very much sooner making the car very smooth on the power band and very progressive up to redline. I promise is more drivable, enjoyable and refined than stock. And as you can see on the dyno we picked up great power and torque using a very poor 91 octane fuel (is the best available pump gas in Costa Rica). Pink and orange pulls with Stage 3 hardware (kline exhaust installed) and By Design ECU tune.

I am now planning to mix 5 gallons of VP ms109 with a full tank of 91 pump gas and run another dyno to see how much hp/tq we can pick with more octane.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:12 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

Sam is making the world a better place! Nice job!!
Old 02-25-2018, 02:20 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

It was a pleasure meeting you my friend and this was even more of a personal deal than usual! Thank you for the kind words and especially the faith to get you where you needed to be even after already trying another route. This is why I love when guys post and spread the word. We get your trust we will make you happy guaranteed!

Can't wait to see what a little better fuel does in that humidity. I also noticed the fan situation on the dyno is not ideal. Explains why she drives so well on the road!

Haha cheers Randy!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 02-25-2018, 02:31 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyc151
Sam is making the world a better place! Nice job!!
He really does and always delivers. I hope he slows down or I’m going to need a second or third job lol.
Old 02-25-2018, 02:34 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

Pura Vida ! Nice car and setup
Old 03-01-2018, 01:47 PM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you keep the old headers or swap those to Kline as well?
Old 03-04-2018, 03:52 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

Full swap medici.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:16 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Love it Sam, going global!!!
Old 03-07-2018, 12:08 AM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Pablo, nice setup...can’t go wrong with Sam’s customer service and knowledge!

Manuel

Quick Reply: 991.2 Turbo S By Design stage 3 experience Costa Rica