Sponsored by: Road Spy

Question on COBB AP TUNE

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 03:39 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Originally Posted by Td33

Was 78 in Cincinnati yesterday so I got some good seat time. ZERO change in everyday drivability. Power is silky smooth and strong. The car also sounds better as you get into it. You’ll love it!

You also have some of the best customer service on the planet with Sam..

Thanks again, great feedback. Looking forward to getting it loaded.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:59 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

Hey guys. I’ve been speaking to a few clients in the last few days and also have four guys who receive their units today! I’ve asked them all to provide feedback to help the community. Coming from me I know it’s a little bit different but I’ll ride my reputation on everything I suggest and recommend. I want to make it as worry free as possible. The idea behind the transmission tuning is to give the car a more GT like Firm/aggressive feel. But in standard Cobb fashion Even there you get different options. Sport, aggressive and so on. We’ve done everything we can as a team and individually to make sure every customer satisfied at a personal level. Cheers! Thanks for all the kind words and reviews everyone!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 02-21-2018, 07:22 PM
hsuku
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, just wanted to chime in as I recently installed a Cobb stage 1 tune as well as the PDK software on my Turbo S.

I purchased a Kline exhaust, headers, and Cobb Accessport from Sam about 6 weeks ago. While I wait for the exhaust and headers to be made Sam overnighted me the Accessport. I live in Michigan so the weather didn't allow for me to drive the vehicle until about a week ago.

We had a couple nice days so I installed the stage one tune and the sequential PDK software. The entire process took about 25 minutes. My seat time is limited but I can say I am very happy with my current results so far and can't wait for stage 2 once the other parts arrive. The tune and PDK software is slightly more aggressive while gently driving around town and never intrusive. Sport mode seems to hold the gears longer before upshifting. What I enjoyed the most was the sequential shifting. A pull on both paddles puts the car in neutral until the paddles are released. There is no more "creep"
at stoplights when foot is off the brake. Upshifts using the gear lever are now forward for downshifts and back for upshifts ala GT3.

Will post a more in-depth review once the exhaust and headers are installed.

I need to also mention the excellent customer service and responsiveness Sam has provided. I have purchased many aftermarket products and this has been by far the easiest with regard to obtaining advice and help making decisions. Thanks Sam!
Old 02-22-2018, 03:43 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Does the PDK tune "correct" the +/- on the gear selector to match the 991.2's?
Old 02-22-2018, 04:45 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

There is a sequential map for that and that is among many features you get. You can also change the bezel if you like.

Quick Reply: Question on COBB AP TUNE