Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Question on COBB AP TUNE

Old 02-16-2018, 11:57 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,298 Likes on 729 Posts
Default Question on COBB AP TUNE

My TTS is still hibernating. Hopefull that weather will break in the next 3-4 weeks where I am.
I have some updates I will do as soon as I wake the car up, Michelin 4S (not a fan of the Pzeros) are in and waiting to go on, put RS Flared side skirts on already during a not so freezing day, and have Aerokit front spoiler and DB Carbon rear valance to go on.
Once the little cosmetic mods are done I would like to do the AP. Sounds like most are happy with the PDK upgrade especially after relearn. I am a former TT owner who has tuned before so I’m not a virgin. Had an EPL tune on 2 other Porsche TT’s and a Cobb AP on a previous 4S NA car.
I already have a Europipe exhaust installed.
Can I get some feedback on the engine tune and behavior itself. Does the car feel much faster, what characteristics shown in Normal, Sport and Sport Plus, Launch Control behavior, and useable for track etc... Thanks everyone in advance.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:36 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

Hey bud. Hopefully you will get some end user feedback here (sometimes it comes in waves) and feel free to reach out with more questions. I can tell you that I will cover you with a 100% guarantee so you have nothing to lose. Remember you get the AP loaded with so many tuned even different throttle behaviors and it's all customizable!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 02-16-2018 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:45 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Thanks Sam you were going to be my next contact. Let’s see if I get some real use feedback.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:11 PM
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 167 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Penn4S
Can I get some feedback on the engine tune and behavior itself. Does the car feel much faster, what characteristics shown in Normal, Sport and Sport Plus, Launch Control behavior, and useable for track etc... Thanks everyone in advance.
There is a lot of info on the forum.. Depending on what stage you go with, it is night and day difference. These cars react very well to an exhaust, tune and high octane fuel. I have the Cobb with Sam's tunes, so many customizable maps to choose from, the best part about it is reading your logs and understanding how your car is reacting and performing, the Cobb device is a marvel. From DD to hardcore racing maps, its all done so easily.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:16 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Thank you. I am most likely a Stage 2 candidate. Most track days are in the past but still do some events.
I love this car a lot and it doesn’t need much just some finessing. I did search but I saw mostly references to the PDK update and little-about the actual engine dynamics.
Old 02-16-2018, 08:55 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Once you start (with Sam)..you're a goner ...show me one of Sam's customers who have stopped at stage II...once you taste the elixir...you're toast
Old 02-16-2018, 10:42 PM
slink
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam:

Is a tune for a .2 TTS worth doing if I'm stuck with 91 octane in Colorado?

My only mod so far is a Europipe exhaust.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:15 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

Hi Slink. Absolutely! Your fuel is better than what we have in California and we are picking up over 100hp to the wheels on stage III. I’d recommend doing at least an exhaust and I can get you pretty close to that. I’ll even guarantee it if you’d like to Dyno before and then after. Power delivery is smooth and linear. I’m proud to say everyone has been extremely happy! Full guarantee with everything we do!
Old 02-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by slink
Sam:

Is a tune for a .2 TTS worth doing if I'm stuck with 91 octane in Colorado?

My only mod so far is a Europipe exhaust.
Just finished my .2 with Sam. Worth every penny. Completely different car for the better👍
Old 02-20-2018, 05:15 PM
kevinrubin
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just worked with Sam on a Stage 3 for my 991.1 TTS and it's incredible. Power is fierce and smooth. I started with exhaust and a Stage 1 tune and couldn't help but take the next step...Sam was there every step of the way...
Old 02-20-2018, 08:24 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Just finished my .2 with Sam. Worth every penny. Completely different car for the better👍

kevinrubin , Yesterday 09:15 PM
I just worked with Sam on a Stage 3 for my 991.1 TTS and it's incredible. Power is fierce and smooth. I started with exhaust and a Stage 1 tune and couldn't help but take the next step...Sam was there every step of the way...

Do you both find the car is still DD drivable and is not to skittish for long trips. I want the car to be still drivable daily and the Hulk when I need it to be.
Old 02-20-2018, 09:42 PM
kevinrubin
Racer

Do you both find the car is still DD drivable and is not to skittish for long trips. I want the car to be still drivable daily and the Hulk when I need it to be.
My TTS is a DD and I have no issues what so ever with Stage 3. The COBB AP has something like 30 different maps that are easily changeable (took me less than a minute to change the Stage 1 to Stage 3 map following the hardware being installed), so you can choose the tune that best suits your style. Cruising around town is absolutely no issue...but when I step on it (to pass in traffic...or whenever I choose LOL) it screams to life like the beast it's meant to be...I am running a Stage 3 tune (tweaked by Sam) and the PDK aggressive tune. I couldn't be happier. Good luck!
Old 02-21-2018, 07:59 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kevinrubin
My TTS is a DD and I have no issues what so ever with Stage 3. The COBB AP has something like 30 different maps that are easily changeable (took me less than a minute to change the Stage 1 to Stage 3 map following the hardware being installed), so you can choose the tune that best suits your style. Cruising around town is absolutely no issue...but when I step on it (to pass in traffic...or whenever I choose LOL) it screams to life like the beast it's meant to be...I am running a Stage 3 tune (tweaked by Sam) and the PDK aggressive tune. I couldn't be happier. Good luck!
Thank you. That was the feedback I was looking for. The aggressive map on the PDK, did you do the “relearn” and the shifting was smooth even in aggressive mode?
Thanks again.
Old 02-21-2018, 12:58 PM
kevinrubin
Racer

Thank you. That was the feedback I was looking for. The aggressive map on the PDK, did you do the “relearn” and the shifting was smooth even in aggressive mode?
Thanks again.

I did not have to "relearn" the PDK...the shifting is pretty smooth...I don't notice anything obnoxious to me, but Sam was there with me throughout the process. I'd imagine if you felt you needed to go through the relearn process, he'd certainly walk you through it. Good luck!!
Old 02-21-2018, 01:11 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Just finished my .2 with Sam. Worth every penny. Completely different car for the better��

kevinrubin , Yesterday 09:15 PM

Was 78 in Cincinnati yesterday so I got some good seat time. ZERO change in everyday drivability. Power is silky smooth and strong. The car also sounds better as you get into it. You’ll love it!

You also have some of the best customer service on the planet with Sam..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Question on COBB AP TUNE