Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 Turbo (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo-230/)
-   -   So My Car Got Damaged During Transit and Order Cancelled (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turbo/1042871-so-my-car-got-damaged-during-transit-and-order-cancelled.html)

triplekg 01-11-2018 10:16 PM

So My Car Got Damaged During Transit and Order Cancelled

This was my order thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-locked-7.html

I got a call from Dealer today saying my car was damaged during transport (it was on the ship)
They will not sell it or deliver it to dealer or provide pics (I own a large body shop and was willing to accept car with minor damage)

Needless to say I wasn't happy but it's not the end of the world.

Dealer Is giving me a Feb Build with April Delivery or Giving me the option of a turbo S build (Oringally just Turbo) March Build May Delivery.

I told them I would likely just do a turbo again with April Delivery. (Honesly I didn't want to pick up car in Feb anyways we live in canada still nasty until March ish)

So Im starting over. everything happens for a reason. Orignal buid was lava Orange. I was possibly having second thoughts and was thinking White with red interior instead...

I asked the dealer about a possible discount (was paying full price for original order). Dealer said it was possible but we had to wait and See.

I also traded in a Corvette Z06 that was basically new in Sept.

My options are:
1. ReOrder Turbo and wait for April Delivery
2. Switch to Turbo S and get in May hopefully
3 Take back my 100k deposit and wait -
4 Order a Different Car All together (Mclaren 570s or Maserati GrandTurismo)
5 Go Back To Corvette Z06 and take the extra 100K towards Mortgage / investments....

Everything is telling me that **** happends for a reason and I should just order the White Turbo With red Interior Instead lol.

What do you guys think???? I'm not even mad to be honest.

Phil T 01-11-2018 11:01 PM

Order the white/red combo.......s*** happens for a reason.........Phil

stealthpilot 01-11-2018 11:06 PM

Why don’t you just buy this one and save yourself some money.

https://bramanporsche.com/inventory/...tallic+1558499

triplekg 01-11-2018 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by stealthpilot (Post 14725679)
Why don’t you just buy this one and save yourself some money.

https://bramanporsche.com/inventory/...tallic+1558499

can't bring in a US car in canada without going through hoops.

Also I want new as in im the first to sit in it new - but that is a great looking car.

DJ23 01-11-2018 11:36 PM

Damn. I feel like I was the kiss of death for you. As has already been said, things happen for a reason. What I would do is see if you can get the TTS order for a discount. As to whether you change the color that's up
to you. Lava Orange is not for everyone, but when I see one I think it looks hot. Think about the white; ultimately it's up to you. Good luck on your new venture. Make this car even better.

Jay

Penn4S 01-12-2018 12:39 AM

push for a discount, go for the S. White with red is beautiful.

Deckard 01-12-2018 01:54 AM

Sorry to hear. I remember the multiple color switches before you locked in LO. Was looking forward to seeing you take delivery.

I'd push for a discount with the TTS, though it may be tough given how few allocations there are.

No ZR1 option on your list? :thumbsup:

MaxLTV 01-12-2018 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14725593)
This was my order thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-locked-7.html

I got a call from Dealer today saying my car was damaged during transport (it was on the ship)
They will not sell it or deliver it to dealer or provide pics (I own a large body shop and was willing to accept car with minor damage)

Needless to say I wasn't happy but it's not the end of the world.

Dealer Is giving me a Feb Build with April Delivery or Giving me the option of a turbo S build (Oringally just Turbo) March Build May Delivery.

I told them I would likely just do a turbo again with April Delivery. (Honesly I didn't want to pick up car in Feb anyways we live in canada still nasty until March ish)

So Im starting over. everything happens for a reason. Orignal buid was lava Orange. I was possibly having second thoughts and was thinking White with red interior instead...

I asked the dealer about a possible discount (was paying full price for original order). Dealer said it was possible but we had to wait and See.

I also traded in a Corvette Z06 that was basically new in Sept.

My options are:
1. ReOrder Turbo and wait for April Delivery
2. Switch to Turbo S and get in May hopefully
3 Take back my 100k deposit and wait -
4 Order a Different Car All together (Mclaren 570s or Maserati GrandTurismo)
5 Go Back To Corvette Z06 and take the extra 100K towards Mortgage / investments....

Everything is telling me that **** happends for a reason and I should just order the White Turbo With red Interior Instead lol.

What do you guys think???? I'm not even mad to be honest.

Yeah, my dealer just told me about this ship. Apparently they hit very rough seas and it was a shtshow with the cargo, and they are not selling those cars, probably because of the insurance picking up the tab anyway. Sorry you got impacted by it. I say go for S and ask for a discount. It's almost impossible to get S in Canada otherwise now, and has been a challenge for a while. I'm happy they are not putting allocations for those replacement cars ahead of mine (sorry) - only fair because I was supposed to have mine back in June 2017 and then after ending up in a similar situation it's March or early April delivery.

Oh, also ask for a loaner while you wait. They may not give you one because you have not paid in full yet, but worth trying.

72offsuit 01-12-2018 07:14 AM

TTS with a discount for your trouble, configure to taste and wait for spring. Best of luck.

Botox 01-12-2018 09:11 AM

Sorry to hear about that. What ship was it on, when did it arrive at port?

dgrobs 01-12-2018 01:00 PM

Man that sucks.
Guess on the bright side, you can now make changes to the build, but still sucks.
I know how excited you were to get that car.
Good luck....

triplekg 01-12-2018 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Botox (Post 14726187)

Not sure didnt get that info.

Honestly I think I'm going carmine red now. I have 3 hours to decide lol..

MaxLTV 01-12-2018 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Botox (Post 14726187)

I'm pretty sure the OP was talking about the Viking Queen that got some cargo damaged. There might have been more ships with damaged cargo around that time, though.

dgrobs 01-12-2018 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14726789)

Honestly I think I'm going carmine red now.

My choice for the new one as well. Deviated Leather seats in Bordeaux over Black was the way I went, and with the red stitching everywhere on the inside.

Dials and chrono clock in the same Bordeaux.

Everything happens for a reason....

stealthpilot 01-12-2018 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by dgrobs (Post 14726931)
My choice for the new one as well. Deviated Leather seats in Bordeaux over Black was the way I went, and with the red stitching everywhere on the inside.

Dials and chrono clock in the same Bordeaux.

Everything happens for a reason....

Carmine Red with BlackBordeax? Wow. Please order it with crested headrests and ACC+PAS so I can buy it off you one day!

triplekg 01-12-2018 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by Deckard (Post 14725909)
Sorry to hear. I remember the multiple color switches before you locked in LO. Was looking forward to seeing you take delivery.

I'd push for a discount with the TTS, though it may be tough given how few allocations there are.

No ZR1 option on your list? :thumbsup:

haha the order is already in for ZR1

triplekg 01-12-2018 09:58 PM

I love this car....

Might build pretty much the same one.

js9527 01-12-2018 10:12 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...a213796b09.jpg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...0174509cb3.jpg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...1885eacb87.jpg
https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...a0e6c5206c.jpg

triplekg 01-12-2018 10:17 PM

I dont care for the Turbo S Wheels though but the rest is exactly what I want..
Do you have tinted tailights?
Black Headlights?

js9527 01-12-2018 11:16 PM

Tinted tail light from porsche.

triplekg 01-12-2018 11:18 PM

so i went with similar build to my orange except switched to Carmine red.

Also went with the carbon fibre package on the inside and the carbon fibre steering wheel. I hate the stock ugly polished Alum interior trim

richk 01-13-2018 12:32 AM

Congrats and nice call on the carmine red. Carbon bits help the interior.

ace37 01-13-2018 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14727844)
so i went with similar build to my orange except switched to Carmine red.

Also went with the carbon fibre package on the inside and the carbon fibre steering wheel. I hate the stock ugly polished Alum interior trim

Well, congrats again!

Hvdv85 01-13-2018 10:13 AM

Congrats with the new build! April delivery isn't that bad after all.

JW1 01-13-2018 10:34 AM

Congrats on the new build. I'm a little bit sad that you didn't go with LO again. :) Would have been pretty awesome in that color and IMO would have elevated it to a supercar status.

triplekg 01-13-2018 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by JW1 (Post 14728334)
Congrats on the new build. I'm a little bit sad that you didn't go with LO again. :) Would have been pretty awesome in that color and IMO would have elevated it to a supercar status.

the mrs. wasn't thrilled about the colour to begin with and I guess it was a sign that it wasn't meant to be. I think the Carmine Red is a good compromise - still looks different and deep without being to showey

dgrobs 01-13-2018 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by stealthpilot (Post 14727434)
Carmine Red with BlackBordeax? Wow. Please order it with crested headrests and ACC+PAS so I can buy it off you one day!

Yup, it's in the build. Thanks.

The interior is Black Leather with Deviated seats in Bordeaux, not the Black/Bordeaux standard interior that I have on my current one where the seats are all red and the dash is black.

The deviated has black seats with red middles, seats and back rests (if that makes sense).

After the new one comes off lease in 3 years, I will most likely buy it and keep it forever. (or sell it if the right price comes along).

I'll keep you in mind come 2021.

triplekg 01-13-2018 06:53 PM

My Second "Final" Build

Carmine Red
Leather Interior in Black
"PORSCHE" Logo and Model Designation Painted Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Chosen colour: Black
Model Designation on Doors in Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Tinted Taillights Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
SportDesign Side Mirrors
Black Exterior Package (high-gloss) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
20" 911 Turbo wheels
Wheels Painted in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Power Sport Seats (14-way) with Memory Package
Seat Heating (Front)
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber (i.c.w. Leather Interior) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

dgrobs 01-13-2018 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14729213)
My Second "Final" Build

Carmine Red
LED Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Electric Slide/Tilt Sunroof in Glass Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
SportDesign Side Mirrors
20" 911 Turbo wheels
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Seat Heating (Front)
Smoking Package
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell Interior Trim in Carbon Fiber (i.c.w. Leather Interior) Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Heated Multifunction Steering Wheel in Carbon Fiber Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

Congrats. Beautiful.
I did my model designation on the doors in silver. You did black. Both cars are carmine red.
Curious, what made you choose black over silver for the designation on the doors?
Thanks..

triplekg 01-14-2018 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by dgrobs (Post 14729406)
Congrats. Beautiful.
I did my model designation on the doors in silver. You did black. Both cars are carmine red.
Curious, what made you choose black over silver for the designation on the doors?
Thanks..

Everything is black on the car - black nameplate, gloss black trim, gloss black mirrors, handles, sun roof, .... even the headlight washers are black.
I have no silver / chrome on the car.

dgrobs 01-14-2018 08:06 AM

Makes sense. My car is the same with the high gloss black everywhere, including the Aerokit.
Guess I got some more thinking to do before finalizing my build. Damn.
Thanks....

DJ23 01-14-2018 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14729213)
My Second "Final" Build

Carmine Red
SportDesign Side Mirrors
20" 911 Turbo wheels
Lane Change Assist (LCA)
Seat Heating (Front)
Smoking Package

I debated between Carmine and Guards Red. They both have their special presence. In the long run I think this car will even look sharper. Good luck with build and we'll all
pray for that safe trip across the Atlantic.

Jay

dgrobs 01-14-2018 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by DJ23 (Post 14729931)
I debated between Carmine and Guards Red. They both have their special presence. In the long run I think this car will even look sharper. Good luck with build and we'll all
pray for that safe trip across the Atlantic.

Jay

Yes, Seas of Glass on the next journey.
<<<<>>>>

triplekg 01-24-2018 10:43 PM

this wait is killing me. It will be almost 7 months from order to delivery now....

Oh well Im sure it will be worth the wait

dgrobs 01-24-2018 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14753428)
this wait is killing me. It will be almost 7 months from order to delivery now....

Oh well Im sure it will be worth the wait

It will be worth the wait. I have been driving my Turbo S Cab for the last 3 years.

I am waiting for my build slot to go in next month.
I have changed my build about 20 times since the original. I just wanna get the build in so I can't change it anymore.

I feel your pain. Hang in there. You will be rewarded with the most amazing car you've ever driven. Of that I am sure.
Hang in there.
Good luck....

Randyc151 01-30-2018 11:56 AM

Dealer made you put down a $100k deposit? That's predatory! They should be ashamed! What is the name of the dealer that is jacking you around?

triplekg 01-31-2018 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Randyc151 (Post 14764961)
Dealer made you put down a $100k deposit? That's predatory! They should be ashamed! What is the name of the dealer that is jacking you around?

It was an early Trade in. Traded in my Car in Sept which wasn't a huge deal because season was pretty much over anyways. If I waited until spring who knows what i would have gotten on trade. Dealer has been good no issues.

DJ23 01-31-2018 07:21 PM

I have to agree. The amount of the deposit is a little steep. Look at what you could have made with a modest mutual fund since then. My advice in the future if they ask for that amount again tell them to
go fish. Hope everything goes well this time.

Jay

dgrobs 02-01-2018 08:41 AM

$100K? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

sctanton52 02-08-2018 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by dgrobs (Post 14769373)
$100K? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot!!!

That deposit also seems very high to me. For our last 2017 991.2 TTS Cab it was $3K, on a $260K+ car, and that was only when then had a firm allocation for the actual build. I just took in a Bank Draft for the rest on the day I took delivery. So I only had the $3K tied up for about 4 months. I might be a wee-bit pissed if I had $100K tied up for 8 months. That $100K could be out making money in the Market, or at least in a GIC.

We have bought 3 new Porsches in the last 4 years, all have been to our personal specs, the deposit has always been in the low few thou range. But I guess that is a dealership controlled item.

But none the less good luck and I hope this one makes it safe and sound. The car will be great!

Cheers,

triplekg 02-08-2018 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by sctanton52 (Post 14787544)

That deposit also seems very high to me. For our last 2017 991.2 TTS Cab it was $3K, on a $260K+ car, and that was only when then had a firm allocation for the actual build. I just took in a Bank Draft for the rest on the day I took delivery. So I only had the $3K tied up for about 4 months. I might be a wee-bit pissed if I had $100K tied up for 8 months. That $100K could be out making money in the Market, or at least in a GIC.

We have bought 3 new Porsches in the last 4 years, all have been to our personal specs, the deposit has always been in the low few thou range. But I guess that is a dealership controlled item.

But none the less good luck and I hope this one makes it safe and sound. The car will be great!

Cheers,

like I said before it was an early trade in. Didn't really give a 100k deposit but did give up a 100k car back in Sept - basically ive been without a car since then. But If I waited to trade in a 2017 Z06 in march i probably would have gotten 5 or 6 k less.... Plus with the horrilbe winter we are having I probably wouldn't have driven it that much.

sctanton52 02-08-2018 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14787700)
like I said before it was an early trade in. Didn't really give a 100k deposit but did give up a 100k car back in Sept - basically ive been without a car since then. But If I waited to trade in a 2017 Z06 in march i probably would have gotten 5 or 6 k less.... Plus with the horrilbe winter we are having I probably wouldn't have driven it that much.

OK, sorry I did not catch that it was $100K trade-in.

Pokerhobo 02-11-2018 10:48 AM

Damaged, but won't provide pics? Sounds more like they found a buyer willing to pay ADM and sold it to them. If you have the original VIN, you can might be able to figure out if someone else is driving it.

triplekg 02-11-2018 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo (Post 14793657)
Damaged, but won't provide pics? Sounds more like they found a buyer willing to pay ADM and sold it to them. If you have the original VIN, you can might be able to figure out if someone else is driving it.

I had this feeling as well at first but really would this happen? I mean if it actually did happen I would freak out and contact a lawyer.

(What does ADM mean?)

dgrobs 02-12-2018 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14794925)

(What does ADM mean?)

It means "Grab Your Ankles"....

triplekg 02-14-2018 02:19 PM

new car is built! 6-8 weeks away!

Jaskfri 02-14-2018 03:59 PM

ADM=additional dealer markup

triplekg 03-07-2018 10:55 PM

deja vu but the new car is on the ship and Ill have it in a few weeks!

DJ23 03-08-2018 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14854575)

Good luck this time around. Hope the weather is calm.

Jay

dgrobs 03-08-2018 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14854575)

Seas of glass my good man. Seas of glass....

Deckard 03-09-2018 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by triplekg

Best of luck! I still remember your original post asking about lava orange, so I look forward to seeing you finally get your car!

fpb111 03-10-2018 07:15 PM

triplekg 03-10-2018 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by fpb111 (Post 14860668)

omg that's horrible....

I can only imagine what the first car looked like....

I don't even want to think about it until it's in my driveway.

triplekg 03-16-2018 12:18 AM

Porsche is giving me $2500 off the car due to the delay and the first car getting damaged. I'm happy with that.

The car has landed in canada and I should have it within weeks.....

DJ23 03-16-2018 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14872904)
Porsche is giving me $2500 off the car due to the delay and the first car getting damaged. I'm happy with that.

The car has landed in canada and I should have it within weeks.....

Keep us informed. Best of luck with the transit.

Jay

triplekg 03-27-2018 02:22 PM

DEALER JUST CALLED............ CAR IS IN...............................

Left work in a panic Ill be a dealership by 5pm to check it out lol!

JW1 03-27-2018 02:24 PM

Congrats. I initially read the word "CALLED" as "CANCELLED". hahahahha

ace37 03-27-2018 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by triplekg (Post 14899716)
DEALER JUST CALLED............ CAR IS IN...............................

Left work in a panic Ill be a dealership by 5pm to check it out lol!

Awesome, congrats after all this waiting!

DJ23 03-27-2018 08:22 PM

Wow Can't wait to see this baby. The forum has been a little slow lately. Need some fresh posts. Give us something to talk about my friend. Send those pics.
Bet you won't sleep tonight.

Jay

triplekg 03-27-2018 09:14 PM

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...l#post14900670