Not Another Wheel & Tire "Will They Fit" Thread - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Turbo Technical Discussion Areas > 991 Turbo
Reload this Page >

Not Another Wheel & Tire "Will They Fit" Thread

Notices
991 Turbo Turbo and Turbo S

Not Another Wheel & Tire "Will They Fit" Thread

Reply

Old 01-03-2018, 01:51 PM
  #1  
dsddcd
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 86
Default Not Another Wheel & Tire "Will They Fit" Thread

So I have done the research and know what will and won't fit and I am down to (2) options on tire sizes in the PS4S and wheels. My preference would be to go bigger front and rear as well as decrease the front to rear width bias. So the question is, does one of the choices stand out to those that track the car over another or have I missed any other important factors. As always thank you for the input!



dsddcd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 12:46 PM
  #2  
dsddcd
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 86
Default

Has anyone tried the selections I made highlighted in orange? The height difference is a concern in the rear primarily.
dsddcd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:28 PM
  #3  
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member

 
Jean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dubai- Beirut
Posts: 4,919
Default

They look good, I don't know these tires though so this is theoretical talk.. Tread width between the stock size and 255s is minimal, not sure you will feel any benefit, dropping pressures a bit will take care of that gap easily with stock sizes. Whats your main usage?
Jean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 03:55 PM
  #4  
dsddcd
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 86
Default

Originally Posted by Jean View Post
They look good, I don't know these tires though so this is theoretical talk.. Tread width between the stock size and 255s is minimal, not sure you will feel any benefit, dropping pressures a bit will take care of that gap easily with stock sizes. Whats your main usage?
These will be for use in Time Trials thats why 200+ treadwear is required.
dsddcd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 04:33 PM
  #5  
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member

 
Jean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dubai- Beirut
Posts: 4,919
Default

Originally Posted by dsddcd View Post


200+ treadwear is required.


What I would do (not knowing your limitations), I would go 9.5" front to maximize tire footprint on 265s and ET47-49. For the rear, I would use 345s with 12.0" and ET 47-49. If the car is not too low in the rear the 345 will not rub.
Jean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:02 PM
  #6  
dsddcd
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 86
Default

Originally Posted by Jean View Post


What I would do (not knowing your limitations), I would go 9.5" front to maximize tire footprint on 265s and ET47-49. For the rear, I would use 345s with 12.0" and ET 47-49. If the car is not too low in the rear the 345 will not rub.
That is where I was headed, I know this sounds cheap but for a wheel that is going to see only track duty I would rather not speed $10K as it seems a bit silly for the advantage it provides. That is why I was looking at either the OZ wheels or a set of OEM take off's at $3000-4000 per set which is a lot easier to justify.
dsddcd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 03:52 PM
  #7  
Nordic Flyer
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 40
Default

I run Cup 2's on 265 front on 9x20 Forgeline (+52) and it rubs slightly inside wheel well at full turn.
Rear I run 325 on 12x20 (+47) and it sticks out a little more than I like.
Nordic Flyer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 04:28 PM
  #8  
Jean
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist
Member

 
Jean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Dubai- Beirut
Posts: 4,919
Default

Originally Posted by dsddcd View Post
That is where I was headed, I know this sounds cheap but for a wheel that is going to see only track duty I would rather not speed $10K as it seems a bit silly for the advantage it provides. That is why I was looking at either the OZ wheels or a set of OEM take off's at $3000-4000 per set which is a lot easier to justify.
Spot-on.. Hard to justify the expense for a few tenths.. Something we can get back with better driving most often.

I use OZ but in 19"
Jean is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:07 PM
  #9  
dsddcd
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 86
Default

Originally Posted by Jean View Post
Spot-on.. Hard to justify the expense for a few tenths.. Something we can get back with better driving most often.

I use OZ but in 19"
The 19's clear the PCCB? If so that should open tire options!
dsddcd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 05:16 PM
  #10  
dsddcd
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 86
Default

Originally Posted by Nordic Flyer View Post
I run Cup 2's on 265 front on 9x20 Forgeline (+52) and it rubs slightly inside wheel well at full turn.
Rear I run 325 on 12x20 (+47) and it sticks out a little more than I like.
I had read your posts in the track forum and was excited to do the same but they offer those sizes in the cup tires but not the PS4S :-( So I started down this path!
dsddcd is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 03:58 AM
  #11  
Randy V
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Randy V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Insane Diego, California
Posts: 39,798
Default

We shall see...


Randy V is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Not Another Wheel & Tire "Will They Fit" Thread


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: