Sponsored by: Road Spy

Curb Rash Fix Northern NJ

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 08:09 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 999 Posts
Default Curb Rash Fix Northern NJ

Any recommendations on a shop for fixing curb rash (yes on all 4 wheels) in Northern NJ.

Car is 15 TTS Cab (see avatar at left) and it has the center-lock TTS wheels that the car came with.

I was not as careful as I should have been when I first got the car 3 years ago and played "let's find the apex of this corner" a bit too often. All 4 wheels have some degree of curb rash on them, not horrible, but def noticeable, to me anyway.

I am probably going to buy out the lease on this car soon and would like to bring the wheels back to (or close to) their original condition.

Not sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum on RL, but it is a TTS and any help finding the right shop in Northern NJ/Southern NY State would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
Old 01-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Not in Northern NJ but if you don't mind a trip to NY, these guys are amongst the best. Did great work on the CL wheels for my 997.2TTS. Check them out on YouTube and also vouched by Larry Kosila (AMMO). Good luck.
Old 01-01-2018, 06:08 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Thanks Akunob. I will consider them if I don't find someone closer. The link looks like they do exactly what I need. Really appreciate the help. Thanks again....
Old 01-02-2018, 04:28 PM
mmuller
Rennlist Member

Received 115 Likes on 72 Posts

We have a vendor we work with that does an excellent, high quality job. It likely they will also need straightened so its important to have a vendor who can also do that as well as refinish.

The other thing to consider is that it likely takes minimum of 4-5 days to turn the wheels around, so you need to be able to take all 4 wheels off the car, have the tires stripped from them before they are sent out. Obviously the reverse needs to happen to go back on the car. You may just want to take it to a shop who can do the job end to end for you reducing the hassle and workload.

This is something we do several times a year at Aspen for our customers.
Old 01-02-2018, 04:31 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mmuller
We have a vendor we work with that does an excellent, high quality job. It likely they will also need straightened so its important to have a vendor who can also do that as well as refinish.

The other thing to consider is that it likely takes minimum of 4-5 days to turn the wheels around, so you need to be able to take all 4 wheels off the car, have the tires stripped from them before they are sent out. Obviously the reverse needs to happen to go back on the car. You may just want to take it to a shop who can do the job end to end for you reducing the hassle and workload.

This is something we do several times a year at Aspen for our customers.
Thanks M. Yeah, that seems like a hassle, but when I am ready, I will get back to you.

Hope you are doing well and feeling good.

Thanks....
Old 01-03-2018, 03:42 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

having trouble posting for some reason.
I never used these guys but was planning to for my wife's car
http://www.gtwheelsinc.com
Old 01-03-2018, 10:06 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Akunob
Not in Northern NJ but if you don't mind a trip to NY, these guys are amongst the best. Did great work on the CL wheels for my 997.2TTS. Check them out on YouTube and also vouched by Larry Kosila (AMMO). Good luck.
What he said
see Mario you won't be dissapoited.
Elliot
Old 01-04-2018, 02:19 PM
dgrobs
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turbohead
What he said
see Mario you won't be dissapoited.
Elliot
Thanks both. Appreciate the info. Will give Mario a call when ready so I can just drop off car and pick up when done.

Thanks again...

Quick Reply: Curb Rash Fix Northern NJ