New TTS on Order

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Lo911TTS
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tomshop
Are you sure your dealer has an allocation? Very tight supply right now
Well I gave them a $2500 deposit on my Visa card so I'm assuming they ordered the car, I've bought three cars from them before.
I don't think they're playing games with me, I have a worksheet order in my hands with the $2500 receipt.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:26 PM
Lo911TTS
Advanced

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Haha cheers JW! Will hopefully get back on it and done next week!

Lo ditch them if you still can. Otherwise I wouldn't sweat it. Beautiful build and welcome!
I got a hold of my CA today and told him I wanted to change the power folding mirrors to the sport mirrors and he said
there was no problem he will make the change. Thank you for your advice much appreciated!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:11 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Very nice. Now I feel more comfortable saying DITCH EM ha ha!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 01-03-2018, 02:46 AM
tomshop
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lo911TTS
Well I gave them a $2500 deposit on my Visa card so I'm assuming they ordered the car, I've bought three cars from them before.
I don't think they're playing games with me, I have a worksheet order in my hands with the $2500 receipt.
I would ask if they have an allocation. I have my order in at my dealer for almost 3 months now and they still don’t have an allocation. I have bought 2 other cars from them. They are always upfront. They told me they only got one TTS allocation in 2017.
Old 10-19-2018, 06:58 PM
Lo911TTS
Advanced

I originally placed my order back in January and was to receive my car in April, my CA screwed my order up and it got lost some how.
The guy was fired for messing my order and other issues I was told. So fast forward the GM placed a new order himself for a 2019.
I just received a call that my car just arrived at the dealership, I can't believe it. Its been a very long 9 months of waiting I almost
gave up hope and was going to demand my deposit back. Long story short Im having my car tinted and putting PPF before I
pick it up next week and I will post some pics asap.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:30 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

I cannot believe how patient you were and didn't snap up another car in stock somewhere.

I can't imagine your level of excitement. I ordered mine 2 months ago and it was built 10 days ago and I'm beyond excited.
Old 10-20-2018, 12:04 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

That is a lot of patience. Congrats and post some shots when you can.
Old 10-20-2018, 07:20 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Awesome, congrats dude...I have been toying with the idea too...but after losing the cost of a new TTS in my Netflix/Square portfolio the last 3 weeks I am in a holding pattern for a while...haha. The good news is my 997.1 TT is undergoing a 700WHP build as we speak so I will have a horse of a different color here in about 2 more weeks.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:15 PM
Lo911TTS
Advanced

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
Awesome, congrats dude...I have been toying with the idea too...but after losing the cost of a new TTS in my Netflix/Square portfolio the last 3 weeks I am in a holding pattern for a while...haha. The good news is my 997.1 TT is undergoing a 700WHP build as we speak so I will have a horse of a different color here in about 2 more weeks.
Yeah I get it, I lost lost quite a bit myself, in the mean time enjoy your 700WHP build. I'm sure your portfolio will bounce back in the near future.
Old 10-23-2018, 06:53 PM
Lo911TTS
Advanced

What is the conventional thinking on this forum about getting the maintenance plan for the TTS. Has anyone gotten it ,
if so, was it worth it or just a ripoff? I'm picking up my TTS on Thursday and I'm on the fence about buying the maintenance plan.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:53 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 515 Posts

I skipped the maintenance plan as I always eliminate some of the eye balling items they over charge for during the maintenance packages schedule...and end up paying less in the end....

I did pay $2300 after a quote of $ 4600 and negotiation for the wheel/tire replacement and the no paint ding repair/ interior tears policy on my TTS......probably won't use it but have in the past with my Cayenne and my Merc SL 65......I also believe if you sell the car before the end of the policy term you receive a prorated refund......policy should be transferrable too.......I also am in a new construction zone near the house and picked up 5 nails in the last 5 years......at approx. $ 500 a pop on tires, it paid for itself (or I mostly did in retrospect)...

Depends somewhat on where you live and how you use the car regarding probability of dents or flats, etc....

With my Cayenne GTS, that I had 3 years, I got two free tires and three dent/damage repairs for "free" after paying $ 2500. Got $ 1100 back I believe when I sold it...
Old 10-24-2018, 10:13 AM
Lo911TTS
Advanced

Originally Posted by abiazis
I skipped the maintenance plan as I always eliminate some of the eye balling items they over charge for during the maintenance packages schedule...and end up paying less in the end....

I did pay $2300 after a quote of $ 4600 and negotiation for the wheel/tire replacement and the no paint ding repair/ interior tears policy on my TTS......probably won't use it but have in the past with my Cayenne and my Merc SL 65......I also believe if you sell the car before the end of the policy term you receive a prorated refund......policy should be transferrable too.......I also am in a new construction zone near the house and picked up 5 nails in the last 5 years......at approx. $ 500 a pop on tires, it paid for itself (or I mostly did in retrospect)...

Depends somewhat on where you live and how you use the car regarding probability of dents or flats, etc....

With my Cayenne GTS, that I had 3 years, I got two free tires and three dent/damage repairs for "free" after paying $ 2500. Got $ 1100 back I believe when I sold it...
Thank you really appreciate the info you provided very useful

Quick Reply: New TTS on Order