991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Individual Mode Exhaust Control?

Old 12-24-2017, 05:50 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts
Default Individual Mode Exhaust Control?

On an '18 Turbo S, is it possible to set the Individual driving mode to the quieter exhaust? I'll I'm seeing in the Individual settings is the option to select Sport, Sport Plus, Auto engine off thing, Sport Chassis and Spoiler. The manual seems to say you can select the exhaust mode, but maybe not on the turbo s? What I'm trying to achieve is the PDK profile of sport mode, but the exhaust of normal mode (quieter). Any tips?

p.s., I'm not crazy, right? The car is quieter inside when in normal mode compared to sport, even at the same rpm, speed and load level....right?
Old 12-24-2017, 09:29 PM
js9527
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

No... There is no valve.
Old 12-25-2017, 11:11 AM
Ian M
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

Selecting sport, opens the internal Sound symposer I believe. The external exhaust note sound remains unchanged.

Whereas the sports exhaust option on the Carrera models changes the external exhaust note by opening an exhaust valve.
Old 12-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian M
Selecting sport, opens the internal Sound symposer I believe. The external exhaust note sound remains unchanged.

Whereas the sports exhaust option on the Carrera models changes the external exhaust note by opening an exhaust valve.
Thanks. That's what I had read, but was thrown off by the obviously louder exhaust sound in the cabin when in Sport mode. I see there are many folks who have disabled the symposer thingie, so just might have to join them...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Individual Mode Exhaust Control?