Sponsored by: Road Spy

Updating 991.1 ECM, Diff, Rear Steer, Shock.... Modules

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 01:44 PM
dsddcd
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Updating 991.1 ECM, Diff, Rear Steer, Shock.... Modules

I was thinking about it the other day as I was trying to use my laptop and was forced to take an update. Why has no one found a way to update old versions of individual control modules to new and better calibrations released by the factory. For instance you read/watch the reviews about "Updates to the Calibration" to the rear steer calibration on the 991.2 vs the 991.1 yet no one that I can find has figured out how to update. There is one exception and that is the DSC module for the shocks but my experience has been that the real market there is with Magnehelic's not traditional dampers like our cars, GTR and others. On the surface it would appear this would be a great money making venture if you had the knowledge base. As an alternative if one was able to update the and reflash the modules with alternate user defined routines then you would have ultimate tunability.

Obviously the OEM's do not want this type of information going out as to prevent warranty problems, safety and so they can sell the new cars however there has to be a way.

For those with Ford tow rigs or daily's, Forscan.org is a perfect example of what I am talking about. They were able to crack the code for the Ford Sync Systems allowing a typical OBD device to access and modify registers/bits allowing retrieval of embedded features not enabled with options as well as some customization.

Happy Holidays!

Quick Reply: Updating 991.1 ECM, Diff, Rear Steer, Shock.... Modules