Sponsored by: Road Spy

*help 991.1 turbo s with agency power intakes and Cobb ap issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 03:37 AM
jspec997
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *help 991.1 turbo s with agency power intakes and Cobb ap issues

Hey guys so I have a 991 turbo s. I installed a cobb app on it with pdk tuning. Worked just fine * note care at this point is 100% stock. Then I installed ap intakes, first drive with the intakes and BOOM CEL comes in codes are p0068 and p1074. I’ve gone through everything can’t find any vacuum leakes or any air leaks at all. So then uninstalled the Cobb ap and still throws codes. Then put stock airbox back on and STILL THROWS THE CODES. So at this point car is 100% stock and throws the codes. So took it to a shop had them look it over and install ipd plenum and ypipe at this point because I already had them. They also mention to me that they have seen this issue with Cobb on this car before. They used the Porsche computer tools to fully clear out the ecu and codes never came back. Then because I couldn’t possibly believe that the Cobb was the issue and reinstalled the Cobb and boom codes come right back! Anyone have any worth while I put on this? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-01-2018, 09:17 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi,

Do not have any experience with the AP intake, but from what I have researched the AP and BL intakes actually make the car loose power...your best bet is the stock intake with the BMC filter. Regarding the Cobb, I would reach out to your tuner (Mitch) or directly to Cobb, their customer service is like no other and will quickly help you on your issue.

Regards,

Manuel
Old 01-02-2018, 01:43 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Good advice. I also am not familiar with AP intake but have had experience with the Cobb team and they are great. Mitch or Jared are great to deal with. Good luck.

Quick Reply: *help 991.1 turbo s with agency power intakes and Cobb ap issues