Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

By Design 991.2TTS Tuning Looking Good and We Will have Stages 1-4 Done Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 12:01 AM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by znammz911TTS
Hi Sam,

you hooked me up with the Stage 2 for my 14TTS back in August. I'm looking to move forward with stage 3 mid next month. What am I looking at as far as cost? I'm looking at a couple options right now, ByDesign, AWE, and Agency Power. Can you you tell me what's the different between those?
Hi,

Word of advise, just stick to what is a proven winner...do some research and you will see all the issues with AWE, I won’t even start with AP and the rest of the “BIG BOYS” out there...I’ll be quiet. Sam has over 200 kits out there running super strong and Champion is the other big player that has also proven that it has some amazing builds.

Regards,

Manuel
Old 01-28-2018, 03:18 PM
white991tt
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a huge blast! Went out test and tune style to try and gauge where the car was on a 93 pump gas tune.... after a few passes and dialing her in it became apparent this full weight 991.2 TTS cab wanted to go freakin 9's!

I also wasn't in optimum race mode with 21" summer tires and wheels, 10 gallons too much fuel weight with meth and and a few other tricks of the trade that I could have easily employed. These cars rock! Mechanically the car is set up beautifully, gear shifts are tight and crispy through the rev range and the 2-3 shift point is notably compliant under load compared to the .1s. Made almost 10 passes and the car became consistently faster as we dialed her in.

Huge thanks to (.2) Mike for the invite - rockin' the first 991.2 to roll 9s on planet earth! That is a big freakin deal Bro!

Specific Thanks to Sam at By Design along with the entire team for the dedication, engineering and think outside the box "Can Do" attitude.

Always felt the 991.2 would do 9's easier iwith minimal mods. Now proven based on this result

- just wait until the .2 hardtops flood the gates.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:21 PM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

What is the limit of the stock PDK clutch packs on the 991.2TTS?
Old 01-28-2018, 08:04 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Valve body and software has been updated from the .1TTS. 700 to the wheels should be no problem even without a PDK software upgrade. We tune specifically and along with PDK software and get 730+ out od teh .1. These cars are potent with our stage 3 set up at 620-640 to the wheels!

You and the car surprised me out there Nigel! We all thought "hey lets just see what she does on pump gas) haha!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com

Quick Reply: By Design 991.2TTS Tuning Looking Good and We Will have Stages 1-4 Done Soon!