Sponsored by: Road Spy

Rear-Ended Car Repair

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 01:32 PM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear-Ended Car Repair

My brand new, 4 month old, TT was rear-ended this morning by a motorcycle guy who was running in between lanes and then tried to go across all 4 lanes to cut traffic. Turns out he back-ended my car and another guy, but my car took the worst of it (Fortunately everyone walked away no injuries). But now the whole back end of my car looks like an accordion after an angry gorilla got his hands on it. I live down in Miami and The Collection and Champion both say that they dont do body work but they both "suggested" (as they are not allowed to "recommend") that I use Countach Auto Repair. Has anyone in Miami used them, what has your experience been?
Old 12-14-2017, 07:58 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi, never used them, but I can recommend Miami Chassis to you talk to Jhulio the owner or Lianco the GM. This sucks, but they will doma good job for you...the work on all the Marlin's cars and some of the Heat players, great people to work with.

Regards,

Manuel
Old 12-15-2017, 12:37 PM
FastLaneTurbo
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 47 Posts

Porsche has their recommended Body shops with the needed alignment Body Jigs, Fixtures, Tools and Trained Technicians to fix it perfectly.
These shops, which are very few in number, get preferential treatment and deliveries of whatever parts are needed.
I would strongly suggest you contact PCNA for a recommendation. I've seen their work on cars VERY severely damaged and it is exemplary.
I believe one of these shops is located very close to you in Southern Florida. Also, for resale, for repairs having been done by a Porsche Certified Shop
would add considerable Value to recovering your investment.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:11 PM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

Thanks everyone
Old 12-15-2017, 06:49 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by FLLPorsche
My brand new, 4 month old, TT was rear-ended this morning by a motorcycle guy who was running in between lanes and then tried to go across all 4 lanes to cut traffic. Turns out he back-ended my car and another guy, but my car took the worst of it (Fortunately everyone walked away no injuries). But now the whole back end of my car looks like an accordion after an angry gorilla got his hands on it. I live down in Miami and The Collection and Champion both say that they dont do body work but they both "suggested" (as they are not allowed to "recommend") that I use Countach Auto Repair. Has anyone in Miami used them, what has your experience been?
You should only use a Porsche certified body shop. If you have any issues later, it will be warrantied by Porsche. If you go to an Indy you will have risks of Porsche and Indy pointing fingers at each other. Never ever go to an indy shop.

You can locate them here:
https://www.porschecollisioncenter.com

Now it turns out Countach is Porsche Certified. But if it was my car I would go to Fantastic Finishes of Palm Beach only because my experience has been that Palm Beach has better automotive talent than Miami.

Read some reviews.

If it weren't for the Porsche, I would recommend the bodyshop at JM Lexus. It is to this day the best body shop I have ever seen. Their equipment is state of the art.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:15 PM
Karl911
Burning Brakes

Received 423 Likes on 181 Posts

F
Fantastic FinIshes in West Palm Beach. GO see their lot, full every high end car you can think of!
Old 12-18-2017, 08:56 AM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

thanks
Old 12-18-2017, 07:37 PM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

I would highly recommend that you seek depreciation damage from his insurance company, even if you have to lawyer up. The depreciation loss is real.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:54 PM
nolimits
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Randyc151
I would highly recommend that you seek depreciation damage from his insurance company, even if you have to lawyer up. The depreciation loss is real.
Spot on, you have been subject to a fairly significant amount of diminished value from a re-sale perspective. Recover what you can, it's your right. Car will be great when done by a quality shop as you are seeking but unfortunately the event still occurred and you deserve to be made whole. Good Luck
Old 12-18-2017, 11:51 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Four letters, PACC Porsche Approved Collision Center...it appears that you already have a few good options. +1 on pursuing a dismissed value claim
Old 12-19-2017, 10:27 AM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

Appreciate the feedback. I like the idea of suing for accelerated depreciation / loss unfortunately the guy who hit me has no insurance. If you have had experience suing for this loss please PM me, would like to figure out if I can get it from this guy, even if i have to lawyer up
Thanks
Old 12-19-2017, 07:24 PM
nolimits
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Appreciate the feedback. I like the idea of suing for accelerated depreciation / loss unfortunately the guy who hit me has no insurance. If you have had experience suing for this loss please PM me, would like to figure out if I can get it from this guy, even if i have to lawyer up
Thanks
Top end shops around you will have local attorney contacts they might recommend for "diminished value" cases. Some shops will expert witness also. Your biggest issue sounds like it would be collecting. No insurance biker, guessing younger who may not have assets or income you can pursue. No offense to any bikers out there, I've been one too.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:40 AM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

That is exactly right. At the scene of the accident he told the cop that he hit a van the prior week and was planning on getting insurance but couldnt afford it...so unfortunately I wont be able to collect anything from him...but does anyone know if my insurance carrier cover any of the diminished value?
Old 12-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Randyc151
Rennlist Member

Received 269 Likes on 171 Posts

That is exactly right. At the scene of the accident he told the cop that he hit a van the prior week and was planning on getting insurance but couldnt afford it...so unfortunately I wont be able to collect anything from him...but does anyone know if my insurance carrier cover any of the diminished value?
No, they won't. See, I'm the type of guy that would still sue him and get a judgement against him. If nobody has consequences for not having insurance...He should face punishment of some kind for driving crazy without insurance...(man, I am so pissed off right now!!)
Old 12-20-2017, 11:02 PM
FLLPorsche
Advanced

Not as pissed as I am...
Thanks for the feedback!

Quick Reply: Rear-Ended Car Repair