Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

GIAC tune for 991.1 Turbo

Old 11-15-2017, 07:18 PM
gtallegra
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GIAC tune for 991.1 Turbo

What up guys, Maybe someone on here can help me out so I Ive found out that GIAC makes a stage 1, Stage 1plus, and stage 2 and so on. IM looking to tune my car but tuners have no idea what I'm talking about when i mention the Stage 1 Plus meanwhile GIAC has no info online but when you call they tell you they have the PLUS stage option. Does anyone know anything about this? and what is the difference between stage 1 and stage 1 plus. I won't be using an exhaust so this will be my only mod thats why sticking with Stage 1.

Thanks
Old 11-15-2017, 08:38 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I just got a Cobb Accessport from Sam at By Design Auto. The Cobb has many levels of tuning and can be easily custom tuned for your needs and mods. Easy install plus the PDK software upgrade is pretty darn slick. Sam was great to work with. You should look into Cobb as well.

BTW, I've had GIAC on other cars but the Cobb seems more user friendly.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:50 PM
longboarder
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by gtallegra
What up guys, Maybe someone on here can help me out so I Ive found out that GIAC makes a stage 1, Stage 1plus, and stage 2 and so on. IM looking to tune my car but tuners have no idea what I'm talking about when i mention the Stage 1 Plus meanwhile GIAC has no info online but when you call they tell you they have the PLUS stage option. Does anyone know anything about this? and what is the difference between stage 1 and stage 1 plus. I won't be using an exhaust so this will be my only mod thats why sticking with Stage 1.

Thanks
Like you, I had zero mods on my 991.1 except the GIAC tune for a while. The car was absolutely perfect. Drove exactly like stock except when I put my foot down. My very first try 60-130 a couple years back yielded a 6.65 second result on a relatively flat slopeI posted it on another forum and all the FBO upgraded turbo haters with the "other" tune came out to try to dispute my claims, since they were also getting mid-6 results. But i had way too much evidence (other pictures, etc).

So then i took it shortly thereafter to the shift sector airstrip event and did 162 in the true 1/2 mile, faster than any other tune only 991 by a long shot.

I'm not exactly sure what stage my tune was, but it could have been a stage 1 plus or stage 2 but whatever it was, was fantastic and highly likely the most powerful tune-only product out there. You can ask Tom at Champion to look up my file and send to your GIAC retailer so they can flash you the same file. You will love it.
Old 11-16-2017, 02:46 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GIAC tune for 991.1 Turbo