Which exhaust (specific preferences)

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 05:15 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

Haha yeah. We actually have so many different periods and is now there's literally something for everybody and each one of them is quite versatile in itself.
Old 10-21-2017, 05:09 PM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's a sample of a start up and some revs in S mode.

Kline inconel exhaust, manifolds, bypass, ByDesign intercoolers, IPD plenum, y-pipe, and bmc filter.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:36 AM
kart driver
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 50 Posts

Go for Kline Inconel with Sam @ByDesign and 100% satisfaction is guaranteed.

Even with catless config the sound on low revs in normal mode is very close to stock eghaust. So it will not be bothering neighbours etc. But when you push the sport button and it will change for a nice and proper sound of a sports car. Pushing a sport+ changes the car to a wild beast on high revs.

And if fir any reason catless is too loud, Sam will just offer you high flow cats. Then you will see that it is just identical to stock on low revs and significantly louder when pushing the accelarator.

Besides the high quality product itself Sam is the guy to make sure you have a full satisfaction as he will be there with you untill you are happy.

I have personal experience and thus I highly recommend both the Kline inconel and Sam.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:39 AM
C4SxM5
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BOOSTED TTS
Kline also offers 3" straight pipes that are not for the faint of heart...I am so close to getting a set of these!
Any idea if the Kline or any other manufacturer straight pipes will work with the EP system? Already have EP but looking for something a lot louder...
Old 11-05-2017, 10:29 AM
PPFANBOY
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 11 Posts

I don't think anyone should be worried about the car being too loud. Even with straight pipes, I reckon the 991 turbos are fairly sedate. When being pushed, the tone is nice, loud yes, but not obtrusive or ugly.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:29 PM
Tfk
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by PPFANBOY
I don't think anyone should be worried about the car being too loud. Even with straight pipes, I reckon the 991 turbos are fairly sedate. When being pushed, the tone is nice, loud yes, but not obtrusive or ugly.
I have a boostlogic exhaust - pretty much a straight pipe exhaust with drone chambers - on my turbo.

Loud, obtrusive and ugly vary from one ear to another so I'd rather not get into that. But I certainly would Not call it sedate.

The boostlogic on my turbo makes the 991 gt3 I had before it sound mouse quiet in terms of volume.

It's important to note that the tone varies significantly from one exhaust to another. And after living with any aftermarket exhaust for long enough, chances are that the change in tone may be even more important than the change in volume.

Comparing boostlogic titanium on my car to Kline inconel on my friend's really is night and day. Almost as though they were two completely different cars/engines.

Boostlogic makes the 991 turbo sound like it's possessed by demons. And like with anything else, there are pluses and minuses.
+ the turbo whistles and whooshes and fire and bangs and explosions and madness are otherworldly Every time you push the car
- driving around calmly off boost though... the motor's inherent bland lawnmower tone is amplified and that's not particularly pleasant
+/- this exhaust is the kind of thing that will make a very sensible driver not very sensible. Perfect for a toy/track/weekend car. Probably not the best choice for a law abiding DD. It's wicked enough to push one to go through a full tank of fuel in no more than 120 miles on the road.

Kline... what a tone; a transformation and a half. Dirty. A sexy dirty mixed with something gt3. Nice and subtle on idle and around town. Screams like a Porsche should through its upper registers. I like Kline.

When N/A people say "if I ever go turbo, I'd absolutely have to swap out the exhaust and go aftermarket..."

Kline is that exhaust they fantasize. It isn't particularly Loud. But it manages to harmonize and sweeten the wrong tones right out. And that's the best compliment I can pay it.
Old 11-05-2017, 09:05 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

I would love to hear the Europipe and Kline personally. If there is anyone in Pa with either I would really like hear them.
I have owned EP for 996&997 TT’s and Kline on my 991 4S. Both have great quality build. I don’t want loud or drone but a nice rumble with a bit of a snarl under high rpm’s.
Old 11-07-2017, 03:33 PM
mavallone997
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome thread fellas, I'm so indecisive on this subject, was leaning towards a Arymitrix valved catless exhaust, and or the Cargraphic catless valved exhaust, Kline does sound very nice i agree but id like something valved with a loud and quiet option. The titanium boost logic sounds insane, really not sure which direction to go to. Also i heard that the catted 02 sensors in the down stream o2s sensor 2 keeps the CEL off with catless exhaust. You guys know or recommend any other valved systems ?

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2017, 04:16 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

If I can help ease the anxiety for anyone we are running a special right now at 15% off with free shipping! I’ll guarantee the exhaust 100% for you and stand behind it all the way. Never let me down yet! Some of the valve systems are pretty trick but there’s a bit of a compromise unfortunately. The only option is to either come out through the Which has no sound tone or go through a quiet system which is restrictive. Some of them bypass the X pipe to be able to differentiate quiet and loud which again compromise the sound quality. It’s a very cool idea for some cars but on these there’s just not enough room to do it right in my opinion. The best thing to do is get something that has a good split personality and response to sports and sports plus. I guarantee our system does this so you kind of get the best of everything. And a happy wife!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 11-08-2017, 08:49 AM
Cargt63
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
The original one had a rather major defect that I discovered during Euro delivery, and Porsche stepped up offering a new car rather than a repair. I'd prefer for it not to have happened but grateful of how they are handling it.
Since I have a 991.2 TTS in the pipeline as well (with Euro delivery), could you elaborate on the defect you dicovered?
Old 11-09-2017, 05:53 PM
alevine
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

I just ordered a catless exhaust from Kline. It will be here in about a month. I'll report back with observations!

BTW, as many others have mentioned Sam is great to work with! Took plenty of time to explain the differences between each option and worked to select a product that he thinks I'll be happy with. Very transparent and customer service oriented.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:49 PM
Mufus
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have iPE Innotech on my 2014 Turbo. Full sistem, with headers, no catalists and rear exhaust. Also, it has remote controlled valves, so i dont get droning when i close them.

Totally in love of how it sounds and build quality is outstanding. However , you cannot fit the factory exhaust tips. But i like the ones they offer. pops and bangs and flames all day long.

here is a link:
Old 11-21-2017, 07:50 PM
kart driver
Racer

Received 95 Likes on 50 Posts

A close friend of mine has IPE catless. No comparison to my Kline inconel catless. We compared two cars together.
Kline innconel sound is by far superior.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:09 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Europipe on the way. Excited. Will be my 3rd one. Love the build quality and sound is just enough for me.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:56 PM
Need4S
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by kart driver
Go for Kline Inconel with Sam @ByDesign and 100% satisfaction is guaranteed.

Even with catless config the sound on low revs in normal mode is very close to stock eghaust. So it will not be bothering neighbours etc. But when you push the sport button and it will change for a nice and proper sound of a sports car. Pushing a sport+ changes the car to a wild beast on high revs.

And if fir any reason catless is too loud, Sam will just offer you high flow cats. Then you will see that it is just identical to stock on low revs and significantly louder when pushing the accelarator.

Besides the high quality product itself Sam is the guy to make sure you have a full satisfaction as he will be there with you untill you are happy.

I have personal experience and thus I highly recommend both the Kline inconel and Sam.
I’ve been listening to some YouTube videos of Kline on 991tt, and I have to say I like the high pitched sound. But the site is confusing. Is there a sound difference between those made of stainless vs inconel? They also say catless. Does that mean you need to remove the OEM cats and run without them? That’s a no-no in California. Ideally I want to use them with stock cats. Can that be done? I have Sharkwerks, but it’s a bit blatty sounding at full throttle.

Quick Reply: Which exhaust (specific preferences)