too loud engine on low-revs

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 03:53 PM
OlegZ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default too loud engine on low-revs

Hello dear Rennlisters.

I dailiy drive 991.1 Turbo S and admire this car, the only drawback is too loud engine sound in situation when you dont need it - low revs. Especially if the car is heated by some hard driving. This sound is more loud or at least as lound as the sound on 6.5-7 rpm which seem a bit unbalanced imho.

If I drive not hard, but need some acceleration (and i need in quire often) I go from low (2-3rpm) revs and engine sound is very loud for a car you drive all day long. Are there any ways of tuning this moment? I guess exhaust has nothing to do with this, because it is engine sound.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:29 PM
carguy84
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you buy the car used? I can't imagine anyone describing a stock TTS as engine loud at 2-3 rpm.

Chip-
Old 10-05-2017, 11:28 PM
Deckard
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Are you referring to the stock exhaust drone at low rpm? I've found this to be more pronounced the longer the car has been driven.
Old 10-06-2017, 01:42 PM
OlegZ
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carguy84
Did you buy the car used? I can't imagine anyone describing a stock TTS as engine loud at 2-3 rpm.

Chip-
Originally Posted by Deckard
Are you referring to the stock exhaust drone at low rpm? I've found this to be more pronounced the longer the car has been driven.
Yes, i bought the car used at 28k KM, now it is 35k KM. I reffer to the drone sound at low rpm, i dont know if it is exhaust or engine. Thanks for your replies!

Quick Reply: too loud engine on low-revs