Sponsored by: Road Spy

Turbo S from 4S

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 11:24 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
I just traded my '15 TTS for an '11 Turbo 6sp. My biggest complaint about PDK is not a PDK vs. manual thing - it's PDK vs. PDK. As newer versions are introduced with updated software programming and/or hardware, the prior versions become somewhat dated and less desirable. Also, I was constantly envious that the TTS never got the PDK-S. Personally, I would have much preferred that and the disappointment there wore on me.

With the 6pd mt, I can say for sure having owned a 991.1 GTS with 7sp mt, that the 7sp is not better or more desirable. Just the opposite, at least for me.
I wonder if the Cobb PDK tuning will change this. I don't get the impression the hardware is tremendously different, but the software might be. Seems you can essentially get PDK-S in anything that way.

Love my 991.2 TT. All are great cars.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:46 PM
Rambler_13
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by ace37
I wonder if the Cobb PDK tuning will change this. I don't get the impression the hardware is tremendously different, but the software might be. Seems you can essentially get PDK-S in anything that way.

Love my 991.2 TT. All are great cars.
Agreed! I think with Cobb's most recent PDK tune, it is supposed to be very PDK-S like. It is software only and doesn't include some of the hardware differences from the GT cars. So the standard hardware will take on the more aggressive tune. But these transmissions are ridiculously robust and if they can withstand unending launches, they can probably take a shifting tune.

My understanding is they are also working on programming to "fix"' the backwards shifting directions using the stick on the .1 TTS.

Last edited by Rambler_13; 10-11-2017 at 12:01 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:10 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

Not at all, they are both amazing cars and didn't intend to imply that I was trying to convince you otherwise. I think you made a beautiful choice and congrats, I think you'll be blown away by it. My transmission comments were really just general criticisms in response to some of the other discussion points in the thread. Ultimately, the transmissions are not why I moved on. The key reasons why I bought the TTS did not pan out so I ended up wanting something else and really enjoyed the 997 platform. A nicely spec'd one popped up locally. I thought about going back to a .1 GTS again but the prices shot way up from when I originally bought mine and wasn't excited about paying so much more knowing the deal I previously got.
Got it, all clear. I am a 997TT mt fan also. Still wish I had the one I traded.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:59 AM
Porsche 25th
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

I just traded my '15 TTS for an '11 Turbo 6sp. My biggest complaint about PDK is not a PDK vs. manual thing - it's PDK vs. PDK. As newer versions are introduced with updated software programming and/or hardware, the prior versions become somewhat dated and less desirable. Also, I was constantly envious that the TTS never got the PDK-S. Personally, I would have much preferred that and the disappointment there wore on me.

With the 6pd mt, I can say for sure having owned a 991.1 GTS with 7sp mt, that the 7sp is not better or more desirable. Just the opposite, at least for me.
I have owned multiple MT 911s and the clutch on my 997TT was the worst. I have driven work trucks that gave more tactile feedback. Of the entire pedal distance, only the middle 2 inches were active.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,228 Likes on 773 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche 25th
I have owned multiple MT 911s and the clutch on my 997TT was the worst. I have driven work trucks that gave more tactile feedback. Of the entire pedal distance, only the middle 2 inches were active.
+1

Quick Reply: Turbo S from 4S