Sponsored by: Road Spy

Lowering and front lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 05:50 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Lowering and front lift

I'm considering a Turbo S, and I was wondering if I get a car with the front lift option if that will still work if I lower the car? I had my Huracan lowered and the front lift still works great, but I recall seeing somewhere that some springs weren't compatible with the front lift of the 991 Turbo S.

Any thoughts? Would love some suggestions for lowering options as well if anyone has any thoughts.
Old 09-30-2017, 01:16 PM
Hawkeye911
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by reacher
I'm considering a Turbo S, and I was wondering if I get a car with the front lift option if that will still work if I lower the car? I had my Huracan lowered and the front lift still works great, but I recall seeing somewhere that some springs weren't compatible with the front lift of the 991 Turbo S.

Any thoughts? Would love some suggestions for lowering options as well if anyone has any thoughts.
I have the front lift and lowered with GMG springs. It works great, I've had no issues.

Someone stated their web site states it is not compatible. I don't understand this, as the shop that installed mine did not mention this and I have not had any problems (I use it often).
Old 09-30-2017, 02:57 PM
Deckard
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I have a 991.1 that didn't have the front lift available, but I was told by various sources told that if I lowered the car and needed repairs for a suspension-related issue in the future (PASM for example), I'd have a hard time getting it covered under warranty. Not usually a consideration for most on here but just throwing it out there.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:14 PM
TeesTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

I have a 991.2 TTS with front lift and TechArt lowering springs and everything still works fine.
Old 09-30-2017, 06:47 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TeesTurboS
I have a 991.2 TTS with front lift and TechArt lowering springs and everything still works fine.
Awesome guys, thanks so much for the help! That's what I wanted to hear.

I figured it would void the warranty on the suspension bits, but that is what it is.

Quick Reply: Lowering and front lift