Sponsored by: Road Spy

Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 12:53 AM
hami
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles

Has anyone tried the experience center in LA? Any feedback, worth it and recommendations? Cheers!
Old 09-16-2017, 08:09 AM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I was there a month and a half ago. Really awesome experience. Had Clint Boisdeau as my driving coach. He's one of the lead instructors there and a great guy. Highly recommended. I did the 911 Turbo, Cayenne Turbo S, GT3, and the G-force experience. Probably 4 experiences in one day is too much. If you do it, I would recommend no more than 3 since you will be too tired to enjoy the last one.

For the Turbo experience, was given a fully optioned 911 turbo S to drive and for the GT3 experience, a GT3 RS.

John
Old 09-17-2017, 12:55 AM
hami
Instructor

Thanks John, it sounds like you had a blast! I am looking forward to being there at the end of October. Probably do the Turbo and the GT3. H
Old 09-19-2017, 12:20 PM
kevinrubin
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been a few times, most recently the Turbo/GT3 experience. I was fortunate that they didn't actually have a GT3, so had to suffer in the GT3 RS...Very different cars. I spent most the time on the larger track and acceleration (launch control). You can try the others, but really depends on what you are looking to get out of the experience. For instance, the ice hill and kick plate are a waste of time and take away from enjoying these vehicles at higher speeds and on the track. The low friction track is technical and can be fun, but will take time to really get the feel if you are a novice. Talk to your instructor and be very clear on what you are looking to get out of day...it's a blast!!!
Old 09-19-2017, 12:34 PM
Bford100
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

I did the Atlanta experience in a 991 Turbo and the LA Experience in a GT-3. I liked the Atlanta track better, as it offered a more comprehensive higher speed track where LA was a bit smaller and tighter.
Old 09-21-2017, 12:57 PM
gled
Instructor

Thanks for the input. Will be in LA at the end of month for Turbo and Panamera turbo. We will now try to nix non essential items. Gordon

Quick Reply: Porsche Experience Center Los Angeles