Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Handling / steering on 991.2 TTS and other observations

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 11:27 AM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We don’t have lane departure as an option. Spoke to my tech, we are going to dial the alignment in a little tighter this afternoon to allow for a tighter steering feel and less wandering. He reminded me we did this on the .1 but will check and see where we stand. Will advise.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:34 AM
kjw911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You are correct! I just confirmed as well 'Lane Departure Warning/Assist' is not an option for the 911! I had 2017 Turbo with LCA and it was great! Sorry for the confusion! Hope you get yours sorted out!
Old 08-21-2017, 01:53 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Hey Wassy, guys. I heard from Pat. The dealership Porsche of Huntington performed the PDCC bleed (which effects the full suspension, rear steering and sways) and the car is good to go!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 08-21-2017, 02:17 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hey Wassy, guys. I heard from Pat. The dealership Porsche of Huntington performed the PDCC bleed (which effects the full suspension, rear steering and sways) and the car is good to go!
Thanks Sam. I spoke to Pat this morning. Then my tech. He said our cars bleed themselves. Lol. Also told me sways only for one way so no adjustment. But I’m headed there now and will give you more details later.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:59 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Hi guys. Here’s the follow up after Dealer visit today. The tech had initially recommended we dial in the alignment with toe in and tighten up steering a bit. I implored him to do the PDCC bleed Sam and Pat recommended, which he did. Was a very quick process and also pretty cool watching the car’s shocks move up and down automatically left to right for adjustment. I also put a few more miles on and just turned over 400 so tires are starting to lose their anti mold coating and break in. So far with just a few miles home from dealership it felt like there is an improvement in handling and being planted. I’m going to toy around with PSI per Sam, time permitting before I leave for a cruise on Saturday and see if that improves any further. The tech did tell me they get a lot of complaints on 991.2’s with a slightly bouncing steering wheel. It apparently moves up and down and shakes like the passenger seat with nobody in it. He is not sure why. We are holding off on the alignment to see if these changes helped any longer term and so far....looking good. I felt much more at home on the drive home in the .2 than I had. I’m a happy camper.

Bottom line at this moment, thanks to Sam for his always spot on recommendations as well as Patrick, his customer and I believe forum member as well (not sure of his username yet). Also want to thank those who helped with some ideas.

Last edited by wassy; 08-23-2017 at 02:04 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:28 PM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

My steering wheel doesn't do that, and I have not had any handling issues to date. Not saying anything specific, just notifying.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:51 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
My steering wheel doesn't do that, and I have not had any handling issues to date. Not saying anything specific, just notifying.
My wheel doesn’t shake either. It was jarring back and forth on turns but that seems much better if not fully resolved now. Combo of tire break in, pdcc bleed and whatever else. I think he was referring to non Turbo/s models. But I haven’t seen any complaints in the boards for that either. I do have an idle shake that’s a little more than I’m used to but that could be exhaust related. Should smooth out over time.
Old 08-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 326 Likes on 216 Posts

Hopefully it is resolved now,.....you did mention that you have new tires? Was it happening before the new tires? If you do notice it back I would have the wheels & tires checked to be true and round. You would not be the first to get a bad tire from the factory that was not correctly formed and would do very strange things....good luck!
Old 08-23-2017, 04:28 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Hopefully it is resolved now,.....you did mention that you have new tires? Was it happening before the new tires? If you do notice it back I would have the wheels & tires checked to be true and round. You would not be the first to get a bad tire from the factory that was not correctly formed and would do very strange things....good luck!
New tires came on car. It’s an ‘18. Tires are balanced and road forced. My issue was not a balance issue but a sticky one I guess you can say. I think I’m good to go and thank you for your help and guidance.
Old 08-25-2017, 08:13 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Pulled this thread back up to see what has happened - glad to hear your issue seems to have been resolved.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:27 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ace37
Pulled this thread back up to see what has happened - glad to hear your issue seems to have been resolved.

thanks buddy.

Quick Reply: Handling / steering on 991.2 TTS and other observations