Sponsored by: Road Spy

It's here...2018 TTS in Chalk/Espresso

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 05:58 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MAcarbon
Beautiful car! I'm loving all of these no metallic paints that Porsche is offering these days.
Thank you. Feel free to use my vehicle as a MAcarbon sponsored car! 👍
Old 08-07-2017, 07:46 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Have fun with the new beast, are you going to clear bra the car?
Old 08-07-2017, 07:56 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTED TTS
Have fun with the new beast, are you going to clear bra the car?
Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes I want to. No I don’t want to part with the car. You know the feeling? I found a guy in S Miami who does ClearGuard Nano SR and seems great. Full custom 1 piece bumper off install. My OCD wants only a job with zero edges. All tucked. Top corner of hood may have a very tiny slit so it doesn’t peel. Found an alternative closer to me in FTL who does premium shield who I believe is also good. I have not been happy with the last couple installs from my usual and very popular place in Boca.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:10 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wassy
Yes. No. Yes. No. Yes I want to. No I don’t want to part with the car. You know the feeling? I found a guy in S Miami who does ClearGuard Nano SR and seems great. Full custom 1 piece bumper off install. My OCD wants only a job with zero edges. All tucked. Top corner of hood may have a very tiny slit so it doesn’t peel. Found an alternative closer to me in FTL who does premium shield who I believe is also good. I have not been happy with the last couple installs from my usual and very popular place in Boca.
My car has a complete clear bra by Abe @ Toughfilm, he is out of Fort Lauderdale...let me know if you want to see my car, most the edges are tucked in. From my perspective the protection from the clear bra is far better than the ceramic coat...I did clear bra and then ceramic coat, car is always shines.

Shoot me a PM.

Manuel
Old 08-07-2017, 09:24 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 65 Likes on 14 Posts

Badass perfect. Enjoy that thing.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:56 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

I would think at this point you’ll be getting an ‘18 unless car was built and sitting for some reason?
It was built in late June. Probably one of the last 2017 built. Love the espresso leather - great color and slightly better texture than normal leather. I almost got it myself but was afraid it would clash with Miami Blue exterior.
Old 08-12-2017, 12:48 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Wassy, just saw you at the Porsche dealer!
Old 08-12-2017, 12:55 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Wassy, how is the car running? Give us some feedback. Hope all is going well. If she is running great, when do you expect to upgrade your exhaust and which make do you have in mind? Kline or Europipe. I had Europipe on my 997.2 Turbo and it was awesome. I'm just a little undecided on the 991.2 Turbo. I've listened to several on videos but just can't get a good feel. Also do you ever anticipate tuning the car. With all of it's performance I'm wondering if it would be worth it. I have to say that I did have my last turbo tuned with Softronic and it was night and day. It would be great to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the day.

Jay
Old 08-12-2017, 01:29 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTED TTS
Wassy, just saw you at the Porsche dealer!
Lambo? Car show? Why didn’t you find me. Lol
Old 08-12-2017, 01:33 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJ23
Wassy, how is the car running? Give us some feedback. Hope all is going well. If she is running great, when do you expect to upgrade your exhaust and which make do you have in mind? Kline or Europipe. I had Europipe on my 997.2 Turbo and it was awesome. I'm just a little undecided on the 991.2 Turbo. I've listened to several on videos but just can't get a good feel. Also do you ever anticipate tuning the car. With all of it's performance I'm wondering if it would be worth it. I have to say that I did have my last turbo tuned with Softronic and it was night and day. It would be great to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the day.

Jay
Hi Jay. I have a Kline in order. Will be here Wednesday thanks to Sam. Install on Thursday. If it’s too loud I will add cats back in. I don’t want too loud or obnoxious. Maybe just a notch or two above oem, which sounds pretty good in the .2 in sport.

I love the car. I don’t see much difference from the .1 except for the pcm, steering wheel and tailights of course. Drives great. Smooth and solid. I won’t be tuning the car. That’s not me. Nor is the exhaust but I figured why not.

I think a lot of the new engineering like keeping the turbo pumped for use I’ll have to experience in due time. Still driving like grandpa.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:44 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Jay
Hi Jay. I have a Kline in order. Will be here Wednesday thanks to Sam. Install on Thursday. If it’s too loud I will add cats back in. I don’t want too loud or obnoxious. Maybe just a notch or two above oem, which sounds pretty good in the .2 in sport.

I love the car. I don’t see much difference from the .1 except for the pcm, steering wheel and tailights of course. Drives great. Smooth and solid. I won’t be tuning the car. That’s not me. Nor is the exhaust but I figured why not.

I think a lot of the new engineering like keeping the turbo pumped for use I’ll have to experience in due time. Still driving like grandpa.

After you get it installed take a vid. Would like to hear it. As I've previously said I'm undecided on which to choose.

Jay
Old 08-12-2017, 02:55 PM
wassy
Rennlist Member

After you get it installed take a vid. Would like to hear it. As I've previously said I'm undecided on which to choose.

Jay
I went with Kline for a couple reasons. One is my trust in Sam@ByDesign based on the many many positive write ups on him, my conversations with him as well as reviews of the Kline. I’m looking for a certain tone in the exhaust. Not necessarily louder.

Next I believe the quality of Kline is as good or better than some others. It’s very hard to buy something based on a video but we are on this board for a reason and I have to put my trust in our friends here. I started out wanting the stainless Kline but ended up with Inconel. Sam asked me to trust him, and I do!

Last edited by wassy; 08-12-2017 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:56 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

I went with Kline for a couple reasons. One is my trust in Sam@ByDesign based on the many many positive wrote ups on him, my conversations with him as well as reviews of the Kline. I’m looking for a certain tone in the exhaust. Not necessarily louder.

Next I believe the quality of Kline is as good or better than some others. It’s very hard to buy something based on a video but we are on this board for a reason and I have to put my trust in our friends here. I star at we wanting the stainless Kline but ended up with Inconel. Sam asked me to trust him, and I do!

I suppose I will have to talk to Sam. Thanks for the advice.

Jay
Old 08-12-2017, 06:23 PM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi DJ,

Here's a video of Dimitri's TTS with a Kline decatted system. Sounds pretty awesome.

John
Old 08-12-2017, 06:42 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1
Hi DJ,

Here's a video of Dimitri's TTS with a Kline decatted system. Sounds pretty awesome.
That video certainly proves a point, AM exhaust sounds are subjective....

Quick Reply: It's here...2018 TTS in Chalk/Espresso