My Kline Innovation Purschase from Sambo @ ByDesign Review Part 1

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2017, 07:50 AM
znammz911TTS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Kline Innovation Purschase from Sambo @ ByDesign Review Part 1

Background
I owned 2014 991 Turbo S since May 2016 and been doing research for a stage 2 package since March this year. I finally come up with three stage 2 packages that I'm willing to get based on price and popularity. They are AWE exhaust from TAG Motorsport, Kline Innovation from ByDesign or Vividracing, and FVD Brombacher.

AWE from Tag Motorsport. 7/10
I talk with a sales-man from Tag motorsport and he tried to sell me the AWE system for a decent price in my opinion. didn't really go into it much and he was alright. typical sales pitch and so on...nothing wrong with that btw.

Kline Innovation from Vividracing 8/10
I emailed and phone call back and forth with a gentleman name Austin, very nice guy and he takes time to explain the product and give me a good discount. above average service but nothing special.

Kline Innovation from ByDesign 12/10
I spoke with Sam for the second time about the Kline system and we were on the phone for about 15 minutes discussing which Kline system fits my needs. The salesman at Tag and Vividracing didn't do that. Sam took time and explains the differences in each of the quiet, medium, and loud Kline system and explains the purpose of each system. Seem to be an outstanding person that really stands behind his product. I end up agreeing on buying the stainless steels Kline system with 200-cell cat for a decent price. Then it gets interesting, 20 minutes later, Sam called me back and said he had made a mistake and what he told me that he re-check his stock and is out of stainless system so he would not be able to get me the system in the time he promised, So for that, he spoke with Felix, the Kline Reps, to UPGRADE ME TO THE KLINE INCONEL SYSTEM so he can keep his promise of shipping it the same day along with the COBB. I couldn't believe what I heard so I was like "are you saying that you would give me a huge discount on the top of the line Kline system???" and he said yes, because he wants to make sure that I'm happy and that I'm in the military and he fully supports the military. I was like OMG thank you. Sam reputation on the forum and customer service is one of a kind. THANK YOU, SAM. On top of that, he offered me a custom tune and for my stage 2 and a stage 3 tune already in the COBB so when I'm ready to upgrade the Intercooler, which I'm planning to get from Sam when I save up some more money.

Rhonda from FVD Brombacher 10/10
Rhonda is one of those really honest sales people that you know would not BS you. Like Sam, she took the time to explains FVD products and actually told me to buy less than what I was thinking of buying and take the time and explains the advantage of each set-up. We were on the phone for a long time and she patiently explains everything to me just like Sam. Unfortunately, I was unable to get her combo because of the sweet deal offered by Sam.

More to follow, part two will be about the exhaust system and after installation review.

Last edited by znammz911TTS; 07-26-2017 at 12:27 AM.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:54 AM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

Sam is the bomb as is the inconel Kline...mine is catless and purrs when docile and screams when called upon..the perfect combination imo
Old 07-23-2017, 10:59 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

I Concur. You will love it.
Old 07-24-2017, 06:04 AM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Really cool of Sam to hook you up.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:23 PM
RD DEVL
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went with the FVD headers, exhaust and tune. I ran a best 1/4 mi time of 10.85. BTW with my A/C on. Last 2 runs TC took over when I had tire slip. I stuck with one brand so it's easier to figure out problems rather than blaming the other guys components for poor performance.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:32 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 914 Likes on 559 Posts

Really appreciate the kind words N! In between my Porsche adventures I was building fuel systems for military vehicles with an engineering firm for about three years. It was an amazing experience I learned so much and met so many people. Whole new appreciation on top of the gratitudeI'm sure we all feel. It was a pleasure to give a little back and you were great to deal with. On top of that my little mistake turned out to be an extra bonus. Another thing I'm grateful for is the great group I work with who were 100% behind with the decision to take care of you.

i'm proud to say we have some very well-documented amazing performance stats with our By Design/Cobb Stage 2 set up. As low as 10.2 in the quarter mile on several cars at about 133 mph! Enjoy safely and let me know when you receive it so I can help out with everything you need. Cheers
Old 07-24-2017, 05:52 PM
baracat
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cobb where are you guys

my 991.2 TTS is waiting for Cobb
please don't give up
Old 07-25-2017, 02:01 PM
cliffd
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nanook
Sam is the bomb as is the inconel Kline...mine is catless and purrs when docile and screams when called upon..the perfect combination imo
Question, if you do not mind. I have had my Kline exhaust, from Sam, for a year or so and just purchased the test pipes to go catless. Can you tell any difference with and without the cats, sound/power. Do you get a CEL? i have the Cobb accessport so i know i can turn off the CEL if necessary. Thanks
Old 07-25-2017, 02:19 PM
Nanook
Burning Brakes

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts

No idea..never had cats..I'm tuned so no cel's
Old 07-25-2017, 11:37 PM
BOOSTED TTS
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Now that's customer service, Sam does it again!

Quick Reply: My Kline Innovation Purschase from Sambo @ ByDesign Review Part 1