Notices
991 Turbo 2012-2019 Turbo and Turbo S
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Road Spy

Is It Crazy to Order Lava Orange (Turbo)?? Will it kill resale?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 11:25 PM
Unconscionable
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm late to this party but eff resale. My Turbo S is Miami blue with chalk interior and yellow seat belts. If the premium for driving a car that's gorgeous TO ME is a minor resale hit, then I consider it a beauty tax.

It's the same reason I will never use a front plate. Beauty tax.

All the LO really needs is black wheels and trim as you said. That's why it works on the RS. Silver and orange do not mix.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:30 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

final order is placed - Im going Orange!
Old 08-29-2017, 09:28 AM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

congratulations. Just stick to your guns and try not to change to another color before it locks because of cold feet. hahah. Lava orange is an awesome color. For my build, during the time from when I placed the order to when it locked, I was going back and forth on my color choice. Originally wanted miami blue but got cold feet and went with white. Car locked on that color before I could change it back. Needless to say, I have some regrets. However, for a Porsche, you can't really go wrong with any color. In person, Porsches are just stunning no matter what color it is in.

Best,

John
Old 08-29-2017, 04:14 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,244 Likes on 781 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1
However, for a Porsche, you can't really go wrong with any color. In person, Porsches are just stunning no matter what color it is in.
I agree with this. I've always liked Porsches in unusual colors. It would be interesting to do some research to try to determine when an unusual color goes from being a liability to being an asset in terms a resale impact. I think that many people gravitate towards a "safe" choice when they buy a Porsche, like black, grey, silver, or white. This is why these colors make up over 90% of the sales of new cars. However, there comes a point where the odd colors become desirable. This is especially true of older cars. When does this happen?

I attended a PCA drive over the weekend with about 50 cars in attendance. I received more positive comments and questions about my Mahogany Brown Metallic car than I could have ever imagined. People loved it. I had one person tell me that it was his favorite color for Porsches, even though his 718 Cayman was white. That being said, not too many people would buy it.

We will probably never know the answer to the question about when an odd color becomes cool; it's just too subjective. One thing I have seen that's interesting is that many of the PTS cars that I've seen are colors that Porsche offered as standard line colors at one time. This includes colors like Nardo Gray, Irish Green, Mexico Blue, and Signal Orange.

If I build my "dream" 991.2 TTS, my first two choices would be Miami Blue and Lava Orange, but I certainly don't have any issues with a silver car!
Old 09-03-2017, 03:02 AM
rawburn
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I LOVE MY 2016 LAVA ORANGE TURBO S!!!!!

Send me your email and I will email some photos!!!! It is drop dead gorgeous!!!!
Old 09-03-2017, 05:02 AM
Unconscionable
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dennis C
If I build my "dream" 991.2 TTS, my first two choices would be Miami Blue and Lava Orange, but I certainly don't have any issues with a silver car!
I was between these two colors and carmine red. Idk why I chose Miami blue. Just decided I was bored of silver Porsches -- no offense.

I think about carmine red a lot though... the grass is always redder.
Old 09-03-2017, 09:45 AM
triplekg
Racer

Originally Posted by rawburn
Send me your email and I will email some photos!!!! It is drop dead gorgeous!!!!
thanks!!

PM send
Old 09-04-2017, 01:18 AM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by triplekg
final order is placed - Im going Orange!
Kudos! Here in California 90% of the cars - not just Porsches - are white, silver, or black. Good for you. Best of luck!
Old 09-04-2017, 01:54 PM
triplekg
Racer

Ive put the final order in for Orange but have until Sept 13th to change

I have a feeling I might get cold feet and get black
Old 09-04-2017, 01:58 PM
JW1
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Trust me, you will regret changing to a "safer" color. When you feel cold feet creeping up, just make a visit to a Porsche dealership that has a lava orange car on lot. You will quickly come back to your senses.

Jan! Order needs to finalize by Sept and should be early Jan build according to dealer
Old 09-05-2017, 12:03 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,770 Likes on 4,771 Posts

Just say this out loud to yourself and the decision should be obvious:

I drive an orange car.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:02 PM
KM1959
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh noooooo! There are soooo many black 911s. If the orange is too bold for you - and it is for me - look at Carmine Red. When I was at the Porsche Experience last year, which has nearly every color car, I asked several of the employees which color they liked best. My thinking was that if anyone could get tired of colors, it would be them. EVERY one pointed to a Carmine Red TTS.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:29 PM
triplekg
Racer

Originally Posted by KM1959
Oh noooooo! There are soooo many black 911s. If the orange is too bold for you - and it is for me - look at Carmine Red. When I was at the Porsche Experience last year, which has nearly every color car, I asked several of the employees which color they liked best. My thinking was that if anyone could get tired of colors, it would be them. EVERY one pointed to a Carmine Red TTS.
The more pics I look at the more Im loving it....

Going to a bigger Dealership this week they have tons of stock. Ill have a look at different colors

Old 09-07-2017, 09:16 PM
cbenz1
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Orange is new black. Wife's latest Style magazine
Attached Images  
Old 09-07-2017, 11:15 PM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 50 Posts

The Lava Orange is awesome in person. I would love it, but I'm not brave enough.

Quick Reply: Is It Crazy to Order Lava Orange (Turbo)?? Will it kill resale?