2014 Turbo S exhaust Options

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 09:59 PM
znammz911TTS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Turbo S exhaust Options

Gents,
After two weeks of research I finally came up with three exhaust options that are priced reasonable and all of these system have good review from user.
Therefore, just need a pole on what does everyone think is best here on the forum.
1. Fabspeed X-Pipe exhaust with 200-cell cat
2. FVD Brombacher Sound version exhaust with 200-cell cat
3. Kline innovation with 200-cell cat

my priority is sounds good, power, then loudness.

Let me know what would be my best option.

Last edited by znammz911TTS; 07-21-2017 at 04:34 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:14 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

Hi Z. Remember Kline has several sound options so you have a couple different things to choose from with a guarantee. Otherwise let me know if I can be of any additional help. I can also help you get pretty much anything you like maybe some good feedback will come through. Cheers

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 07-20-2017, 10:42 PM
stealthpilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Out of that list you should get a Kline from Sambo. Have heard great things about the Kline from one of my buddies here in Atlanta.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:42 PM
Dennis C
Rocky Mountain High
Rennlist Member

Received 1,243 Likes on 780 Posts

The sound quality from various exhaust systems is very subjective. What sounds great to one person may sound terrible to another. It's hard enough in the mainland US to hear various systems in person, and I'm sure it's harder or impossible in Hawaii.

When I put an exhaust on my 991 TTS, I didn't want to change the OE catalytic converters. I didn't want to have any issues with a CEL, or with my emissions inspection every year. I ended up going with the FVD Brombacher Sound Version muffler, but with my OE cats.

My top priority was sound quality. My Turbo S is a cabriolet, so I wanted it to be louder but not too loud. Added power is a bonus, but not a requirement. FVD claims +15 HP and +12 torque, but I can't tell the difference. I don't plan to add an aftermarket ECU tune/flash.

For my needs, the FVD muffler-only system is great. It sounds really good, it was under $2,000, it has lots of nice pops and burbles when I'm off throttle, and it's not too loud. I think it may be a bit too quiet for a coupe; the addition of 200 cell cats would probably solve that issue.

Good luck with your search. I think any of the systems you are considering would make your car sound better. The Kline system is very appealing. Another that people seem to like is the Europipe system, although I hear more talk about that on the 997 turbo boards than I do here.
Old 05-29-2022, 07:08 AM
Quelias80
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello DocHW.
many thanks for your feedback.
Where are you based in CH. I am facing same dilemma for my 991.2 turbo, kline or Europipe. Would be great if we could meetup.
best.
Jo

Quick Reply: 2014 Turbo S exhaust Options