Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Signal Green GT3 Available SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2015, 05:52 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

[U][QUOTE=FrstPorsche;12093385]Since when did PTS turn into such a money grab for dealers[/U].

..When everyone starting hyping PTS as the current "in" thing to have.

Still amazing to me that almost all of the PTS cars are some form of Richard Petty blue (Riviera/Mexico/Voodoo). Would love to see Signal yellow, tangerine, Aubergine or non-metallic Slate gray.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:52 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love to share any insider information that I can share. But i also love to share the other side of the coin. It is often times forgotten. Even by people who have built there fortunes on the back of the sales industry. Whatever it is that they are selling.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:15 PM
GregJGT3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DesmoRR
Does anyone have a contact for someone at McKenna?
PM sent
Old 03-05-2015, 06:34 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said Zach
Old 03-05-2015, 07:29 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Old 03-05-2015, 10:42 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Don't feel bad. There must have been at least 10 other inquiries on the 'Birch Green' gt3, probably all coming from the notice given here at Rennlist by two people who initially posted about it on our forum. If it wasn't for them, I would never had heard about it in the first place!

So the value of this forum should be evident to all. It's a great source for news & information as to what is going on in the marketplace all around us. It is just that in my case, the 'Birch Green' was apparently not meant to be!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

You know Eduardo you deserve one more than anyone- I will sign a petition to Porsche Exclusive recommending you for the first GT car PTS that is available!
Old 03-06-2015, 01:47 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by 997xpress
Similar to Viper Green (225)?
Sort of. For example, W25 'Signal Green' (which I had in a MY2007 997S) has more yellow tint than 225 'Viper' as Jamie said. Others, like 217 'Signal Green' have more blue tint. And the current 22S 'Signal Green' is probably in the middle, although unfortunately you will not see a color chip of it below (taken by me at Zuffenhausen at 'Porsche Exclusive' in 2013):

I think both are outstanding colors, but my preference is W25 'Signal Green' which has not yet been requested or approved for PTS on the 991/981 models. Here is the original W25 factory paint on the rear deck lid of my old 'Signal Green' C2 vs a 225 'Viper' 911 Turbo S last June. Hard to see in the photo, but compared to 'Viper', the W25 'Signal Green' had way more yellow tint:

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
McKenna has long been on my Banned Dealers list. Adding Porsche of San Diego now. Thank you!

Originally Posted by FrstPorsche
Since when did PTS turn into such a money grab for dealers. Has this always been the case? I know Porsche has had some recent problems with the system but has it always been so hard to get a PTS car. I thought the thing keeping a lot of people from doing it was the added cost and time to get the car?
I have not idea what caused all of this...

Originally Posted by ZachMartin
regional Reps distribute cars as they see fit. Reality check from the other side guys. I'd love to sell my GT3 at sticker right meow, and then get 2 more to sell. Unfortunately we don't get anymore. Supply and demand dictates there will be individuals who will buy exactly what they want at whatever it costs them. Its not even a question that an individual will pay over sticker for an RS because they are limited supply. The number of available GT3's is quickly declining. From a management position their job is to make money and show good numbers. It's a balance. Some cars get discounted and practically given away. Some cars catch a premium. It all washes out in the end and the automotive machine rolls on. There are two Arena Red's available (I say this because the one in Pennsylvania was mentioned). Porsche is done building the car. For a while. Fortunately, due to volume of sales and competition among DEALERS we all dont pay 350k for 911's like individuals in other world markets.
Zach you are making me cry....

We're not all bad. Unless you have been in the industry. worked your *** of for weeks. Jumped through hoops like a monkey and then got blasted online for something that has absolutely nothing to do with you and is completely out of your control. Promised a %100 survey, purchased gifts out of your own pocket, then to find out your dealership will not receive any bonus allocations due to a less than perfect survey, because the customer purchased a car that didn't have heated seats, and they wish they had them (but didnt tell you that), now your job (that feeds your family and keeps a roof over your head)is in jeopardy...... all for $200 on your paycheck. because the customer that makes over 250k a year wanted a "good deal" (few thousand off) on a 100+ thousand dollar car. Oh and you bet your *** you better give em a good deal when they want another car because their repeat business is so valuable. Then people want to flip a lid when a dealership wants to make some money on a limited production HIGHLY sought after and reviewed car. In my opinion, and I appreciate anyone who does it, respectfully decline to purchase the vehicle and if you can get one at MSRP good for you. END RANT
This was an even sadder story. I have started crying uncontrollably again....

Originally Posted by Bandit201
PTS cars are getting more popular than ever. And the stop in 15 didn't help.
You think? But we are talking here gt3's. It's a different kettle of fish from other models. When you combine best in class performance with low production numbers, you will always be better off choosing a car with a distinguishing characteristic - like a beautiful PTS color to set yourself even further apart!

But let's get back to reality. A regular Porsche model in a PTS colors is often a hard sell. 'Porsche of San Diego' had a MY2014 'Signal Green' Carrera S which remained unsold until two weeks ago, well into the third quarter of MY2015 production year! Now, I thought it was absolutely beautiful, but I am obviously in the minority. Nobody stepped up to the plate to buy it in nearly 12 months. And I am sure they discounted the car substantially to move it. Then there is the case of the 'Mexico Blue' MY2014 base 991 in Michigan. That never sold in nearly a year on the showroom (customer walked away from his custom order) and the car was eventually traded/sold to Penske's North Scottsdale dealership to see if Arizona is a better climate for it. So far, it's not! The problem is apparently the high price for a base & not the color. And the 'Pascha Red' Targa at 'Porsche Exchange'? Who was the Einstein that ordered it in that 'mud' color? Maybe someone will pick it up tomorrow, but it wouldn't be me. And we have GeoffJr@Isringhausen's 'Viper' Carrera S in Illinois. I think it's awesome. But it's also an expensive Carrera 4S that is basically in gt3 price territory! So it will take a special buyer to see the 'value' in it, but I am sure they will find him or her. It's a beautiful color & deserves a good home!

In general, PTS is a big risk for dealers. It takes an inordinate amount of time from order to delivery (even when you ordered an approved color!), either your customer often 'walks' and never takes delivery (then you are then stuck with it) or the spec color you thought was so desirable turns out not to be (in combination with the higher sticker price). I admire each and every dealer that sticks his neck out for PTS. It takes 'cojones'. Huge ones. And my hope is that Porsche get's its act together and MAKES IT EASIER for their customers that want PTS to order PTS starting with MY2016 this June. Right now, as a result of their inopportune PTS moratorium last fall, Porsche has artificially created a 'shortage' of PTS on desirable models like the gt3. And that is allowing price disparities to appear on the market, which is the subject of this thread. The net result is to leave many customers for PTS gt3's FRUSTRATED and with a very sour taste in their mouths! Porsche needs to fix PTS...and do it soon!

Originally Posted by montoya
You know Eduardo you deserve one more than anyone- I will sign a petition to Porsche Exclusive recommending you for the first GT car PTS that is available!
Thank you Montoya. But just in case that doesn't work, I am going to a BMW dealer on Monday to see if I can order a 'Signal Green' M4! And I am also flipping through the pages of 'Audi Exclusive' as we speak.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-06-2015, 02:34 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

But just in case that doesn't work, I am going to a BMW dealer on Monday to see if I can order a 'Signal Green' M4! And I am also flipping through the pages of 'Audi Exclusive' as we speak.
That should be shockingly easy compared to Porsche / PTS / Porsche Exclusive.

BMW Individual is surprisingly easy to work with.
Old 03-06-2015, 02:39 PM
ZachMartin
Instructor

Quality conversation up in here.
Old 03-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Bandit201
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You nailed it Eduardo.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:46 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Bandit201
You nailed it Eduardo.
There maybe something to the rumor about PAG doing 10 PTS 991 gt3's in each of these colors - 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red', and 'Fashion Grey'. This SG at McKenna might be just ONE of these 10 SG gt3's. Absolutely crazy story but I am trying to chase it down. Will try to keep all posted.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Los Angeles Lit Show
Old 03-06-2015, 09:59 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There maybe something to the rumor about PAG doing 10 PTS 991 gt3's in each of these colors - 'Signal Green', 'Arena Red', and 'Fashion Grey'. This SG at McKenna might be just ONE of these 10 SG gt3's. Absolutely crazy story but I am trying to chase it down. Will try to keep all posted.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Los Angeles Lit Show

This could get interesting.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:43 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Just an FYI folks. there are only 10 PTS GT3's coming to the entire country. Carry on.
Wait, 10 of each color? So 30 PTS GT3s? 10 total sounded reasonable...but 30 sounds like a lot to me. Look forward to your update, Eduardo, and thanks.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:47 PM
grendel88
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you Montoya. But just in case that doesn't work, I am going to a BMW dealer on Monday to see if I can order a 'Signal Green' M4! And I am also flipping through the pages of 'Audi Exclusive' as we speak.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

.[/QUOTE]

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...t=signal+green
Old 03-06-2015, 10:49 PM
H82BL8
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

My Viper green is waiting for me at Leipzig!
The pictures of the green cars is making me crazy with anticipation.

Quick Reply: Signal Green GT3 Available SoCal