Sponsored by:

Heated Sport Bucket Seats

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
You guys are obviously not in the US. Thus you are rubbing salt in our 'wounds'. We don't yet have approval for any sort of 'sport bucket seats' in our gt3's, heated or cold! Background: The PO3 type sport bucket seats were introduced by PAG with the MY2008 .1 997 gt2 model, at least here in the US. Thus, these seats became known as the 'gt2' sport bucket seats. They could NOT be ordered with heating. These same sport buckets seats went to be offered as options in the .2 997s, .2 987's, .2 997 gt3's, .2 997 gt3 RS's, .2 997 'gts', Boxster Spyder & Cayman R's. At no point during the 997/987 era were these seats ever offered with heating from factory. The Present: If the PO3 is offered with heating for Europe and Rest of World (ROW) today, that is a recent addition to the option list as stated by 'Sidicks'. In the past, we were led to believe that since the seat inlays on the P03 were attached by velcro and easily removable, heating elements couldn't easily be attached to them by PAG. We do have one member (OrthoJoe I believe) that added a heating element to his gt2 seats in his Boxster Spyder, but that was done 'after-market'. Question for you in ROW: We have seen a 918 Spyder type sport bucket seat added to the PET for the gt3 in ROW. (see attached diagram below) https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/...3-website.html Yet I don't see it yet appear on the Configurator in Germany or UK. Has anyone in ROW know if/when you have been told this 918 Spyder-type sport bucket seat (fixed back, doesn't fold forward) will be offered in your market and if so, when? This seat for sure will have heating from the start since that feature is found in the 918 model! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel .
Wow Eduardo Sir, I knew I could always trust you being thorough in your responses, and for that I thank you

As for 'salt in the wound,' I think that wound would heel pretty darn quick once are seated in that beautiful 'Carrera Red' bucket seat in your Spyder
Old 06-23-2014, 03:26 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
IIRC, Macca has heated seats in his car with the Clubsport package.
There might be a button there to switch it on, but do you know if it actually heats the seat? Maybe Macca can chime in... I can't for the life of me think why a functioning button would be there if it doesn't heat the seat. With that said, would they keep the functioning button there, in the event you decide to switch seats to Sport Seats or ***... Hmmmm I wonder?!
Old 06-23-2014, 03:35 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hoopumpers
They really are needed. I found myself sliding quite a bit in the *** seats in my recent 991 GT3 test drive.
That is precisely the reason I changed to buckets, when I take the C2S (Pirelli P0) out on the circuit, I keep locking my knee on the speaker and end up with a chafed knee (God forbid I need a pink band-aid). Imagine what will happen with better grip of the Pilot Sport Cup 2 (my vagina will really get sore then). I don't feel secure/locked in with the standard seats.
The following users liked this post:
gt3.997 (02-08-2020)
Old 06-23-2014, 04:07 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Wow Eduardo Sir, I knew I could always trust you being thorough in your responses, and for that I thank you

As for 'salt in the wound,' I think that wound would heel pretty darn quick once are seated in that beautiful 'Carrera Red' bucket seat in your Spyder
I sold that Spyder...but bought another Spyder from a sister company in the VW Group. And that one does have heated seats but not sport buckets!

There might be a button there to switch it on, but do you know if it actually heats the seat? Maybe Macca can chime in... I can't for the life of me think why a functioning button would be there if it doesn't heat the seat. With that said, would they keep the functioning button there, in the event you decide to switch seats to Sport Seats or ***... Hmmmm I wonder?!
In the regular 991, they only give you a 'heated seat switch' if they (PAG) have installed a heated seat in your car at the factory. So if there is a 'heat switch', there is heat!

Photo 1 - Seats with heat and ventilation on a US regular seat.
Photo 2 & 3 - ROW gt2 'sport bucket seats' without heat & ventilation switches. Notice the blank plates instead.

That is precisely the reason I changed to buckets, when I take the C2S (Pirelli P0) out on the circuit, I keep locking my knee on the speaker and end up with a chafed knee (God forbid I need a pink band-aid). Imagine what will happen with better grip of the Pilot Sport Cup 2 (my vagina will really get sore then). I don't feel secure/locked in with the standard seats.
I am not going to touch this one!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images    
Old 06-23-2014, 04:52 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 888 Likes on 336 Posts

For those of us with bad disks in our lower backs, the heating option is a really great add. Really soothing on a long drive. Wish we got them here.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:54 PM
sk0t
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO

Heating for the sport buckets was available in the configurator for Australia when I was spending lots of time on it back in August 2013, so it's definitely available where the seats are.

Scott.
Old 06-24-2014, 03:36 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Z356
In the regular 991, they only give you a 'heated seat switch' if they (PAG) have installed a heated seat in your car at the factory. So if there is a 'heat switch', there is heat! Photo 1 - Seats with heat and ventilation on a US regular seat. Photo 2 & 3 - ROW gt2 'sport bucket seats' without heat & ventilation switches. Notice the blank plates instead. I am not going to touch this one! Saludos, Eduardo Carmel
My apologies if I wasn't clear earlier Eduardo, as I ordered the Bucket Seats & Heat seats, it might come with a switch, but does it have a heating element on the Bucket Seats?
Old 06-24-2014, 03:42 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

My apologies if I wasn't clear earlier Eduardo, as I ordered the Bucket Seats & Heat seats, it might come with a switch, but does it have a heating element on the Bucket Seats?
From what others in Rest of World have been posting here, Yes, you do get a heating element on the P03 sport bucket seats if ordered with that option! Congratulations.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 06-24-2014, 04:34 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Cheers Thanks Eduardo
Old 06-24-2014, 05:02 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Late to the party. Bucket seats are heated if ordered that way. Mine are (see below).

My wife demands heated seats in all cars. She has a relatively unsuccessful L5/S1 spinal fusion/bone graft at age 41.

You may as surprised as me over the years to learn that heated seats can help abolish muscle ache on long journeys and help you get out of those buckets after a 3 hour drive feeling much fresher. I dont use them to stay warm but I use them to help relax my back

Worth every $$$$ (and one of the cheapest options on the 991 GT3).
Attached Images   
Old 06-24-2014, 06:32 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macca
Late to the party. Bucket seats are heated if ordered that way. Mine are (see below). My wife demands heated seats in all cars. She has a relatively unsuccessful L5/S1 spinal fusion/bone graft at age 41. You may as surprised as me over the years to learn that heated seats can help abolish muscle ache on long journeys and help you get out of those buckets after a 3 hour drive feeling much fresher. I dont use them to stay warm but I use them to help relax my back Worth every $$$$ (and one of the cheapest options on the 991 GT3).
Just the man I wanted to hear from. Thanks for the confirmation.

I feel your wife's pain man (literally), I had a herniated disc L4/L5, joining of the pelvis and sacrum on one side and a fractured vertebra. Got the surgery done, and said eff the fusion. Getting some heat in there is quite a plus.

On a side note for all you bad backers out there, what tipped me over the edge to get buckets were two surprising things I found after riding in Arth's car. Albeit, quite a short distance and on bumpy roads, I found the bucket seats very comfortable.

1. Compared to the 14 way I have in my C2S, the cushion although thicker on the 14 way, is quite denser than the cushion on the bucket seats. Bucket seats seemed to have a softer cushion although not as thick, and the shell contoured around my lower body, found it very comfortable surprisingly. I was under the impression it was going to be too stiff.

2. Bum distribution on the 14 way was not as much as the bucket seats. Meaning, it felt that most of the weight on my bum and thighs were distributed much better on the bucket seats relieving pressure from my lower back as a Camel's hoof would displace on the sand creating a larger surface area. I have to ride in the seat for longer to confirm this is the case.

With these two observations, I was able to make a better decision regarding the bucket seats. By no means I am promoting one or the other, but I highly advise those with less than stout backs give the bucket seats a go and not write it off immediately.
Old 02-07-2020, 10:45 AM
Richard.
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 124 Posts

I have a new set of heated buckets available for sale in Europe https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1181028
Old 02-09-2020, 01:33 PM
gluinca
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi. Zulu,

sharing the. success of adding a heated seat pad that lays down flat and very thin and black so blends in.

My wife has bone caner and it damged her spine. Now that she is better she does love to have heat on her seat. She also loves the sport buckets because it holds her in tight. I have this pad in my GT3. and Speedster.
Amazon Amazon
she loves them and temp. control to 57 degrees C.

when you're ready to sell the car it just unclip and the seat in more than protected.

Good Luck
The following users liked this post:
NevB (02-10-2020)

Quick Reply: Heated Sport Bucket Seats