Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 09:12 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 70 Posts

Listed under standard equipment for U. S. GT3 is the below. Can you confirm are these similar to the current LED headlight DRL?

Four-point LED daytime running lights in each headlight
Old 04-19-2017, 09:18 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C2Spin
Listed under standard equipment for U. S. GT3 is the below. Can you confirm are these similar to the current LED headlight DRL?

Four-point LED daytime running lights in each headlight

Haha wow have to repeat this in so many different posts. No worries, since this is my thread, I'll state it clearly here again, hopefully people will reference here next time.

All headlights in the GT3 will feature the 4 point Daytime Running Lights, does not matter which of the 4 headlights you option (including no option).

The free option and the $780 PDLS are both Bi-Xenon headlights but with LED DRL in the interior of the housing (on the actual projector shown below). The two $2k+ LED headlight options are LED headlights but with LED DRL on close to the exterior border of the headlight (on the ring halo as shown below)

Free Bi-xenon are chrome and silver headlights. $780 PDLS BiXenon are partial black headlights.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:21 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 14 Posts

This really is a special thread, thanks !!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:30 PM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by PbPedis
Best thread ever.

Is CXX stitching and calipers next to impossible to get and do they cost an arm and a leg or just an arm?

Would love PTS with matching deviated stitching and calipers.

Can you make a suggestion to get rid of the PCCB must = yellow crap? Think of how much money they could make if they let us choose the type of brake AND the colour of the calipers! What a novel idea!

Or how much money they can make by strong-arming all of you to buy PCCBs :P

Stitching is actually pretty easily done through CXX, but of course it always depends on the actual model. Some models will get a no. If you stick to one of the threads that they use already (Racing yellow, garnet red, acid green, white, silver grey, beige, espresso, etc) it will be easier.

Calipers as I mentioned in the other threads, unless you're looking to paint it in a boring color that they already paint in regular Porsche, it will be a No unless you have serious pull. PTS colors are caliper is a definite no at this point. As I mentioned, Porsche changes their mind all the time on these one-off cases. Identical color request on identical car, one yes and one no. I wouldn't count on it unless you want it in titanium silver or black, then again you would have to be pretty desperate to pay an arm to paint in black or silver haha.
Old 04-19-2017, 09:36 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Has Porsche decided what they are going to do when people show up with top end issues out of warranty on the 991.1 GT3s?
Old 04-19-2017, 10:03 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,466 Likes on 765 Posts

^ My bet is they will take care of the issue but no way they would publicly announce this.

But - I have to believe how long out of warranty will be deciding factor. 2 years I assume yes. Five years - may be tough
Old 04-19-2017, 10:27 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,394 Likes on 640 Posts

As an aside you guys ask the most pinky lifting questions about snowflake options like PTS calipers.

You guys know there are 500 shops that can paint the full rainbow post delivery right?
Old 04-19-2017, 10:33 PM
PbPedis
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
As an aside you guys ask the most pinky lifting questions about snowflake options like PTS calipers.

You guys know there are 500 shops that can paint the full rainbow post delivery right?
Yes, but it's always better if it already comes that way from the factory
Old 04-19-2017, 11:16 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 12,124 Likes on 5,271 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Will the admins one day create a sub-forum dedicated to people who enjoy driving these cars?
Already done.

Called the Lounge.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:17 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,784 Likes on 1,027 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
^ My bet is they will take care of the issue but no way they would publicly announce this.

But - I have to believe how long out of warranty will be deciding factor. 2 years I assume yes. Five years - may be tough
I agree on all counts, Jimmy.
Old 04-19-2017, 11:21 PM
otisdog
Pro

Originally Posted by PbPedis
Is CXX stitching and calipers next to impossible to get and do they cost an arm and a leg or just an arm?
Left nut...
Old 04-20-2017, 01:01 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

Damn... we just got called out with some #truth! LOL. I'm going to go have rainbow calipers painted now, just sounds so perfectly pinky-lifting!
Old 04-20-2017, 01:16 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,341 Likes on 706 Posts

Do you think Porsche exclusive will allow us to paint the newly black parts on the .2 GT3 (lower mirror, wing endplates, and air intakes) back to the same color as the exterior color?

I'm doing this one way or the other.
I and my pinky would prefer it this way from the factory, but I will do it aftermarket if Porsche won't allow this or wants to charge me some crazy figure to do it at the factory.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:09 AM
DannieK
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Given that a buyer complies with the "rules" about flipping and occassionally makes additional purchases is there a limit to how long a 918 buyer (VIP) will remain a VIP?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:57 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Originally Posted by Drifting
Do you think Porsche exclusive will allow us to paint the newly black parts on the .2 GT3 (lower mirror, wing endplates, and air intakes) back to the same color as the exterior color?

I'm doing this one way or the other.
I and my pinky would prefer it this way from the factory, but I will do it aftermarket if Porsche won't allow this or wants to charge me some crazy figure to do it at the factory.

Most likely the entire mirror and wing endplates will be able to be painted via CXX just like the RS, 911R, and GT4. The new black parts like lower LED on front bumper and rear wing air intake is to be determined based on the first people who submits this request. I can't tell you a good answer, but I want to say yes on both counts.

Originally Posted by DannieK
Given that a buyer complies with the "rules" about flipping and occassionally makes additional purchases is there a limit to how long a 918 buyer (VIP) will remain a VIP?

If they comply by all the rules. The 918 VIP program will last 3 years for original owners that kept their 918 for at least 6 months, and 10 years for owners that kept their 918 for at least 3 years. That would be the maximum the 918 VIP will remain the program, just in time to have an secured allocation for the next CGT/918. Whether or not they will offer the program again is to be determined.

Quick Reply: Ask Chaosoul's Magic 8 Ball