Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deleted. wrong thread!
Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Like ordering food in US or France.

In the US you get asked what cheese,dressing, etc,etc. If you want to custom order your side there is at least 10 different options.

In France you eat what you get served. If you ask to change anything you'll get the evil eye from waiter or chef.

And don't ask for Ice in France. You'll get 1 cube. That's it. Lol

This is more or less true for all European countries. We are not as used to options and the right to decide as the Americans.

Porsche is definitely moving in the American direction when it comes to being able to spec your car.

In 10 years they have gone from being able to choose red or blue wheels on your white RS to all the options we have today. That's significant in my book.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:36 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 284 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Like ordering food in US or France.

In the US you get asked what cheese,dressing, etc,etc. If you want to custom order your side there is at least 10 different options.

In France you eat what you get served. If you ask to change anything you'll get the evil eye from waiter or chef.

And don't ask for Ice in France. You'll get 1 cube. That's it. Lol

This is more or less true for all European countries. We are not as used to options and the right to decide as the Americans.

Porsche is definitely moving in the American direction when it comes to being able to spec your car.

In 10 years they have gone from being able to choose red or blue wheels on your white RS to all the options we have today. That's significant in my book.

There is significant downside to being a spoiled American and having too many options. Less is sometimes more. People should be able to accept whatever the chef prepares. If you don't like it, plenty of other items on the menu or another restaurant.

After reading about the secret decoder ring process entailed with CXX (they don't even publish prices and when you find out the prices they are like 5X what you would expect them to cost), maybe we shouldn't even be allowed to have so many choices...
Old 12-01-2016, 02:41 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 674 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by bronson7
I wonder what all the Porsche execs must think when they read all this?

Old 12-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 381 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris3963
BTW, you wont have to wait until Geneva. Pricing info, options, etc will be released on January 9th. I will be locking my configuration and final price with my dealer on January 10th. Geneva will be first public showing of the car.
How sure are you on the 9th date? I have been informed of a different date...
Old 12-01-2016, 03:23 PM
RSA_27149
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bravo! Love everything you said there.
Your "predictions" are the only ones that I take stock in.
Others, and there are many here on Rennlist, are just noise. Thanks for sharing.

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
For those that are interested, the GT2RS should be announced around summer time.

Don't expect Porsche to continue the HP war forever. They are more focused on efficiency. In plain english, that means they wants to lower the weight instead of adding more and more HP, making each gallon of fuel perform better.

Fuel economy target dictates that turbo engines will have an advantage in government testing, but with Trump there is hope that he will relax the EPA target and hence lessen the need to migrate to turbos.

Hybrids, in Porsche eyes, is a great equalizer. They used the system differently than Toyota. Instead of going all out with fuel economy, Porsche had always view hybrid systems as a performance enhancer, it adds performance while at the same time lower emission during say traffic situation. Yes hybrids adds weight back, which is why Porsche is exploring ways to take weight off elsewhere to offset.

The incoming Panamera Turbo S, which should debut sometime in the fall, will be such a car. Factory testers called it a monster.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:42 PM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 650 Likes on 312 Posts

I'm just noise. Judging by my past track record maybe a whoopie cushion.
Old 12-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,341 Likes on 706 Posts

Originally Posted by Apolo1
How sure are you on the 9th date? I have been informed of a different date...
Agree. Jan 9th sounds too early. They often release the specs a few weeks earlier than the car show but not two full months before the show.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:51 PM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 381 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Agree. Jan 9th sounds too early. They often release the specs a few weeks earlier than the car show but not two full months before the show.
That's my point. I have been told a later date today..
Old 12-01-2016, 04:57 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist hre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 441 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
I'm just noise. Judging by my past track record maybe a whoopie cushion.
And after 250 posts 17 pages nobody's said nothing on GT3 RS.2
one of the following is true

1 no one knows
2 who knows wanna eat all the pies
why sharing?

thus everything just speculation
Old 12-01-2016, 05:52 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,687 Likes on 785 Posts

GT2RS TT.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:25 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 133 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by AC SATCO
or theres nothing to say because there wont be one
👍
Old 12-01-2016, 06:34 PM
Chris3963
Rennlist Member

Received 1,091 Likes on 386 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
Prices and details for the USA always lag Europe. Sales start in Europe on January 9th by which time dealers will have all the details for customers to spec their cars.....and they have to because production starts in June so car specs need to be locked down for the supply chain. March is first public showing of the car.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:46 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,101 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Apolo1
That's my point. I have been told a later date today..
In what month? Jan or Feb?
Old 12-01-2016, 06:55 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
this i don't understand fully.

how many variants does have the 911 compared to the F150. and than take it in comparison with units per variant.

in the 911GT-range Ferrari and Lambo do not produce way less cars. rather the other way around.
and as i have in mind the GT line is still seperated from the "breat and butter" 911 production. so no excuse for me.

if exclusive department is full. lets enlarge it. that CXX/PTS stuff can't be a loss (i would guess not even a less than a 50% margin) business for them.

The GT cars are built on the exact same production line as the regular cars in Zuffenhausen. Parts are delivered just-in-time to each stations for each cars perhaps 30 mins ahead. For a say a GT3RS with a custom CXX steering wheel, that custom wheel is NOT being installed on the line, but a regular wheel is installed and when the car is finished, it will get transported to Exclusive to take off that standard wheel and a custom wheel made and installed.

Not very efficient by German standard but that's how Porsche does it.

When Porsche list standard options on the build sheets, those options can be mass produced by their suppliers and thus can be delivered and install along the main assembly line.

True CXX options are different, those cars will get worked on at Exclusive after the car is built. One reason why some of the CXX options re outrageous in price.

Quick Reply: 991.2 is 3.8 and RS.2???