Sponsored by:

Car back from dealer with new master cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 06:38 AM
Cookie991
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by downhillracer
I got my 2015 GT3 back from the dealer and it is finally fixed. Tried every combination of left foot braking and other foot on the accelerator I could think of and never felt the hesitation from a standing start. As I mentioned earlier I already had the brake cylinder and stop light switched replaced but it did not solve the problem This time my fault code was P0524 indicating DME version 2698 software. The software was upgraded to 3271 version and the problem is gone. I think the software number is specific to the engine - DME There is a Technical Bulletin concerning this exact problem that indicates the software was released March 29, 2016. Interesting that the Bulletin discusses a fault Code of P0571 which I did not have. Hope this helps someone else who has had this really annoying problem. John
John are you still left foot braking?

This problem has been bugging me for 12 months, the dealer thinks I'm nuts. Cruise control also fails. I always LFB. It's a track only car so at least it's not a daily issue.

Mines an F Engine.

Cheers B

Last edited by Cookie991; 09-08-2016 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:18 AM
downhillracer
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I certainly don't left foot brake as much as I used to because I had a year of practice not doing it to keep the engine hesitation away.

I will still LFB occasionally during stop and go traffic on the freeway, the car is my daily driver. I have had no recurrence of the problem!

Originally the dealer couldn't replicate the problem either because it seems they don't left foot brake when they test it. When they did left foot brake it showed up.

The repair seems to be the software update (March 2016) and a replacement brake cylinder / stop light switch. Otherwise the engine seems to think the brakes are still on.

And now when I let a few select people drive my car I don't need to give them the "if you LFB then you will have no power safety speech."

I have a copy of the technical bulletin regarding the problem so it is a known and apparently fixable problem.

John

Quick Reply: Car back from dealer with new master cylinder