Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   911R PTS (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/929324-911r-pts.html)

WernerE 07-25-2017 02:58 AM

Interesting, as there are two Sport Classic 911Rs on Instagram (another poster was kind enough to link to Cornucopia of 911Rs). Yours appeared to have a deeper orange so felt it was Gulf. S-R, thanks for chiming in the Signal Orange correction!

Flachbau 07-25-2017 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1 (Post 14340587)
Thanks for sharing. Understood that this is the recent updated 911R color count. There might be a few more missing or unaccounted for isn't? There's at least more than 200 918 owners in USA alone.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Not every VIP owner ordered an R
Not every R was ordered by a VIP owner.

Don't know of anymore unaccounted for but it is possible.

TexasPorschelover 01-11-2018 03:17 PM

This is so tough for me spec ing my allocation. I am doing a touring manual car. On the one hand I want a bright color like gulf orange or viper but want it to fit the car and feels like those colors work better on winged cars. On the other hand I don’t want a subdued touring car. Tough to figure out how to make it handsome with a lot of spirit too! Lots of terrific ideas here. One thing I’m sold on is the houndstooth interior. I suppose I’ll go to Atlanta and getter done.

Flachbau 01-11-2018 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by texascarlover (Post 14724692)
This is so tough for me spec ing my allocation. I am doing a touring manual car. On the one hand I want a bright color like gulf orange or viper but want it to fit the car and feels like those colors work better on winged cars. On the other hand I don’t want a subdued touring car. Tough to figure out how to make it handsome with a lot of spirit too! Lots of terrific ideas here. One thing I’m sold on is the houndstooth interior. I suppose I’ll go to Atlanta and getter done.

Colors list searchable and sortable

jlee504 01-12-2018 08:50 PM

I have a stupid question, those with Rs and factory stripes how are you doing PPF or are you not?

It seems most doing it aftermarket are doing the clear bra first then applying the stripes but are the factory stripes thin enough to wrap over?

GT3 01-12-2018 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by texascarlover (Post 14724692)

I went with a non-metallic bright color like you mentioned, houndtooth seat inserts, side decals, and with aluminum trim in my Touring to resemble the classic look. Don't give into all that nonsense about only darker colors for the Touring. And personally, I couldn't justify spending $13k on a bland boring color... especially a dark metallic. But that's just me.

bluehorseshoe 01-12-2018 09:51 PM

I'm not so sure classic colors like Viper Green and Gulf Orange are not suitable for Touring. Both of these colors were available 1973 colors. You cannot go wrong with either.

It comes down to whether you want the car to stand out more or less. I'm going through a similar thought process for my October production. Pick your preferred theme and go for it.

The PTS decision making process is, nevertheless, brutal. Much easier to just go black or silver or white and save the coin. I'm down to like six colors (from a 18 favorites) but can't nail it down just yet. Good luck!

NoPaddleShiftFor 01-13-2018 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by jlee504 (Post 14727626)
I have a stupid question, those with Rs and factory stripes how are you doing PPF or are you not?

It seems most doing it aftermarket are doing the clear bra first then applying the stripes but are the factory stripes thin enough to wrap over?

I PPF’d over the stripes. It means they lose the matt look but I actually like it. I did have to remove the factory PPF in front of the rear wheels which also took off the back part of the side decal which I obviously replaced before applying the new PPF. That part looks much better.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...aebeb7d61b.png