The bet should really be $991.20
Old 12-15-2015, 01:41 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,062 Likes on 2,319 Posts

Originally Posted by ****
Originally Posted by ****
Fine. $1000 no NA .2GT3 and .2RS.
You sir have a bet. You can send your money to the following charity....

https://www.stjude.org/?sc_cid=kwp93...151215053852:s

At the end of the day, a worthy charity will be the real winner.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:01 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 439 Likes on 263 Posts

Guys there s nothing so difficult so no bets but one way charity eventually so pls do so

There s no GT2 /GT2 RS badge for 991.2 but it will be badged GT3 and GT3 RS and be Turbo

No more NAs (Apart two VIP limited iterations
aka 991R and 991RS light (aka Cup) edition made in few units (600/900 units) and btw not GT3

also the GT3 Turbo it is anticipated 1 year (End 2016 rather than already AP confirmed months ago End 2017) to compete with Ferrari 488 Turbo just homologated at WEC
where Porsche just retired the current NAs

So current 991 GT3 IS the last NA GT3 forever
(and highest revving 911 pure NA produced since the first 911)

Porsche german Official dealers used 991.1 GT3 prices are already shooting the roof + The WEC above + Some Reliable Cleaning Ladies

Easy no?

Last edited by fxz; 12-15-2015 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:16 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

i wish really every one could share any hints coming not
from press or marketing but spy shots on this thread

This makes RL site better than any other Porsche forum
Old 12-15-2015, 02:40 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

@macca slightly off topic, maybe you mentioned it somewhere else, but what's the story behind the MA 175/6 Motorsport engine designation. How did you come about hearing that?
Old 12-15-2015, 02:58 AM
fxz
Race Car

Heard from another source 991.1 RS prod slightly extended till September 2016 anyone else?
Old 12-15-2015, 03:27 AM
Shahano
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FXZ where are you getting all the information from??
Old 12-15-2015, 04:16 AM
fxz
Race Car

Originally Posted by Shahano
FXZ where are you getting all the information from??
The RS prod extended till September just a rumour
no one at least to me confirmed this
Old 12-15-2015, 04:17 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
@macca slightly off topic, maybe you mentioned it somewhere else, but what's the story behind the MA 175/6 Motorsport engine designation. How did you come about hearing that?
Sorry ZA. The MA175 is the GT3 engine and the MA176 is the current RS unit. Not much talk on these boards of the engines by their model type designations, but these are them (and you will find them on the stickers under your engine lid).My reference was to the 9A1 Motorsport engine which must be homolingated under a series engine platform as I understand it.

9A1 is the general family of direct engine power plants but the "9A1 race engine" will likely (again an assumption but not a fact) be given a "MA17X family" designation. I believe its based on the MA175/6 architecture (direct injection, oil scrubbers to reduce oil windage, separate dry sump, 4 x oil pumps - ECU controlled main oiling pump, finger rockers etc all of which are key differentiatior to the base 991 "9A1"carrera engine along with the obvious Ti rods, 4.0L displacement (guess), ti sprint retainers, hollow valves etc.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:49 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Macca
Sorry ZA. The MA175 is the GT3 engine and the MA176 is the current RS unit. Not much talk on these boards of the engines by their model type designations, but these are them (and you will find them on the stickers under your engine lid).My reference was to the 9A1 Motorsport engine which must be homolingated under a series engine platform as I understand it.

9A1 is the general family of direct engine power plants but the "9A1 race engine" will likely (again an assumption but not a fact) be given a "MA17X family" designation. I believe its based on the MA175/6 architecture (direct injection, oil scrubbers to reduce oil windage, separate dry sump, 4 x oil pumps - ECU controlled main oiling pump, finger rockers etc all of which are key differentiatior to the base 991 "9A1"carrera engine along with the obvious Ti rods, 4.0L displacement (guess), ti sprint retainers, hollow valves etc.
Cool, thanks for the clarification Macca. I guess we can now refer to them as MA 175 and 6 without confusing them with the 9A1 which they are based on. Guess this is the new "Mezger" designation which was based on the M96/97. I think I might have glanced on that sticker in the engine lid, but I guess I never paid attention.

Quick 2 part question to anyone that can answer:

1. Is the 991.1 C2S engine have a 9A1 sticker on the engine lid?

2. Is the 991.1 Turbo designated as 9A1 or MA 175 with turbos (which I doubt)?

Sorry for the off topic all, don't want and no need to start a new thread on this topic.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:30 AM
Reza
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've resisted from posting in this thread, but after reading through it all, I can't stand back.

The rumours that you are hearing about, are about the GT2 or GT2RS. Stop getting it confused and saying next GT3 will be turbo. It WILL NOT be turbo. When the day comes and turbos make it to all GT cars, the GT3 badge would most likely be retired. Its simple marketing and would confuse what a GT3 is.

991.2 GT3 & 991.2 GT3 RS will be N/A. This is part of a design road map that happened years before we type all this junk on some forum (numerous Porsche press grabs mention they are keeping NA alive for select models specifically hinting that this applies to the GT range. They don't just wake up one morning after diesel gate and go "oh f#$k" how about we go ahead and wack a couple turbos on next GT3 because that will definitely reduce carbon emissions on approx 2,000 cars by 10%, as opposed to the volume models in Porsche range that actually have a meaningful impact on total CO2 reduction (sarcasm intended).

As for what happens in the 992 (if thats what they will actually call it). I wouldn't be surprised to see that the GT3 is no longer, and the GT2 reigns supreme in a couple of varieties as our "GT" track car.

I'm all for speculation, but to come out and preach that what you are saying as fact is not right. I may stand to be corrected in the future..... but I highly doubt that.
Old 12-15-2015, 06:33 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Reza
I've resisted from posting in this thread, but after reading through it all, I can't stand back.

The rumours that you are hearing about, are about the GT2 or GT2RS. Stop getting it confused and saying next GT3 will be turbo. It WILL NOT be turbo. When the day comes and turbos make it to all GT cars, the GT3 badge would most likely be retired. Its simple marketing and would confuse what a GT3 is.

991.2 GT3 & 991.2 GT3 RS will be N/A. This is part of a design road map that happened years before we type all this junk on some forum (numerous Porsche press grabs mention they are keeping NA alive for select models specifically hinting that this applies to the GT range. They don't just wake up one morning after diesel gate and go "oh f#$k" how about we go ahead and wack a couple turbos on next GT3 because that will definitely reduce carbon emissions on approx 2,000 cars by 10%, as opposed to the volume models in Porsche range that actually have a meaningful impact on total CO2 reduction (sarcasm intended).

As for what happens in the 992 (if thats what they will actually call it). I wouldn't be surprised to see that the GT3 is no longer, and the GT2 reigns supreme in a couple of varieties as our "GT" track car.

I'm all for speculation, but to come out and preach that what you are saying as fact is not right. I may stand to be corrected in the future..... but I highly doubt that.
Here here! Agree Cento per Cento
Old 12-15-2015, 07:26 AM
fxz
Race Car

Not a GT3 Turbo but not so OT
Guarda "Porsche 911 Turbo - 991-2 series - barely disguise prototype" su YouTube -
Old 12-15-2015, 07:40 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry this is Off Topic but something you said Reza struck a funny cord with me.

GT4 was not only a successful experiment with a parts bin Cayman (991 engine, GT3 suspension/brakes etc) but it also showed how little Porsche customers really care abut tradition. Heres a car that is a boxster hybrid, young in mdel history with no competition pedigree getting a miss mash of componentry and being given a new GT moniker that has no foundation in Porsche Motorsport folklore.

And we lapped it up!

Now they know they can use some part bins stuff, slap some turbos on the next GT car give it any name they like "GT5, GT2, GT6, GTT" and we will lap it up!

PAG sales & marketing must be laughing to themselves. They thought they needed t stick to the formula, underline it with history and competition pedigree but the GT4 and even the GT3/RS (if the engine doesn't race in 2016) have proven they dnt need to worry about any of that to sell 3000-5000 GT cars!

We just made it easy for them folks and left the door open. They can slap turbos on this any time, make it 550 bhp but bring the torque to 440lbft, keep it relatively lights and 2WD with big tyres and nimble handling, price it at mid high 100s and we will flock to it like bees to honey. Call it the GT6 and we will still buy it. It will make the Ring in 7.10, beat the GTR at its game, give the 570S a whallop and n track reclaim the crown from the Speciales...and it will be a sales success.

I cant figure out if we sold out or if Porsche sold out. I suspect its neither and will call it progress. Nothing stands still. Change is the only constant!
Old 12-15-2015, 08:00 AM
Reza
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Sorry this is Off Topic but something you said Reza struck a funny cord with me.

GT4 was not only a successful experiment with a parts bin Cayman (991 engine, GT3 suspension/brakes etc) but it also showed how little Porsche customers really care abut tradition. Heres a car that is a boxster hybrid, young in mdel history with no competition pedigree getting a miss mash of componentry and being given a new GT moniker that has no foundation in Porsche Motorsport folklore.

And we lapped it up!

Now they know they can use some part bins stuff, slap some turbos on the next GT car give it any name they like "GT5, GT2, GT6, GTT" and we will lap it up!

PAG sales & marketing must be laughing to themselves. They thought they needed t stick to the formula, underline it with history and competition pedigree but the GT4 and even the GT3/RS (if the engine doesn't race in 2016) have proven they dnt need to worry about any of that to sell 3000-5000 GT cars!

We just made it easy for them folks and left the door open. They can slap turbos on this any time, make it 550 bhp but bring the torque to 440lbft, keep it relatively lights and 2WD with big tyres and nimble handling, price it at mid high 100s and we will flock to it like bees to honey. Call it the GT6 and we will still buy it. It will make the Ring in 7.10, beat the GTR at its game, give the 570S a whallop and n track reclaim the crown from the Speciales...and it will be a sales success.

I cant figure out if we sold out or if Porsche sold out. I suspect its neither and will call it progress. Nothing stands still. Change is the only constant!
I agree with a lot of what you say, but thats another can of worms entirely. I was trying to focus more on the notion that current hysteria on a turbo GT3 is existing prematurely. Car in question is a GT2, not a 991.2 GT3 with turbos.

What makes it even harder scoop wise, is that now the GT3 RS has turbo side intakes, the GT2 spy shots will be easily disguised. As for video, sound of GT2 will be an instant giveaway if they put GT2 engine in GT3 RS body as a test mule.

Quick Reply: Just had a chat with the Cleaning Lady