Sponsored by:

TPMS track mode

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2016, 04:04 PM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^ I've never been able to achieve that!

I will try it Monday when my car is cold and sitting.

So I set car in circuits first thing, (that's confusing because I don't always get Circuit option) than drop to the setting I want, restart engine, I get choice -> circuits and set again?

Done?

When you turn your car back on after the above procedure, it should show the attached screen. Pick circuits.

Not necessary to turn engine on, just accessories.

I am between sessions now and turned on accessories. The screen came up again, per attached.

I hope that this unintended hack continues to work, or more likely, Porsche wrote it this way and did not tell us.
Attached Images  
Old 04-17-2016, 04:59 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,666 Likes on 774 Posts

Thanks
Old 04-17-2016, 05:02 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 419 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
^^ I've never been able to achieve that!

I will try it Monday when my car is cold and sitting.

Old 04-17-2016, 05:24 PM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Default Repeatability

Guys,

I have done two complete sessions using the "26 psi defeat mode" or "not revealed by porsche mode" with Circuit set at 25 psi.

Each time the car is turned off and then on again, the screen comes back prompting per previous post.. 3X now.

So, set your pressures before you go out again and select yes for Circuit Mode. Seems to work.

FWIW my car is a 2016, not sure if the software is the same as previous years..
Old 04-18-2016, 04:59 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Just for the good sake I copied this from the manual:

Tire pressure warnings
Race circuit mode:
– If the actual tire pressure falls below 23 psi (1.6 bar) (e.g. due to cooling), a red warning is issued.
The red warning stops as soon as actual tire pressure is above 23 psi (1.6 bar) (e.g. due to warming).
– If the pressure also falls below the warning threshold, the warning only stops when the tires are filled to the required pressure again (differential pressure value “0.0”) or
a new required pressure is set in the
“Circuits” menu.
Old 04-18-2016, 07:34 AM
DaveGordon
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Yes! Happens to me too. Very frustrating. Takes half a day to get out of learning sometimes.
This was my main gripe.. quickly starting the car up and missing the 'select track mode' thing means it goes into a learning mode, which can take hours to sort out.

I showed this to a Porsche tech, and he showed me a little trick - switch it to winter tyres, then back to summer tyres again. It then goes into learning mode, but sorts itself out with a minute or less of pootling around the pits. Seems to me there's a bug in the software causing the post-circuits default learning thing to take much longer than it should.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:10 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Originally Posted by DaveGordon
This was my main gripe.. quickly starting the car up and missing the 'select track mode' thing means it goes into a learning mode, which can take hours to sort out.

I showed this to a Porsche tech, and he showed me a little trick - switch it to winter tyres, then back to summer tyres again. It then goes into learning mode, but sorts itself out with a minute or less of pootling around the pits. Seems to me there's a bug in the software causing the post-circuits default learning thing to take much longer than it should.

Thanks for sharing!
The last thing you want to have on a trackday is false warnings that disturbs the focus.
Old 04-18-2016, 12:02 PM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Default Results update regarding 25 psi or less in circuit mode

Did 3 sessions after setting circuit mode to 25 psi cold initially per previous posts. Each time I turned car back on, the screen prompted circuit mode yes or no. I picked yes each time.

While driving in my final session I did get a red flag once on screen . I temporarily reset while driving with stalk, and there were none after, except for low pressure icon on gauge.

I am unsure if software is buggy or if I did something incorrect. Whatever the case, this is an improvement over the constant red flags prior in circuit mode.

Now, if someone can share how to make sport chrono automatically record laps everytime I pass start finish without pushing the stalk, I would be thrilled.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:11 PM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Default Update re 25 psi and below circuit mode

Guys,

Been playing with this for awhile and it seems to work "mostly".

Multiple sessions without tire pressure warnings, that is, set at 26 psi in Circuit mode, lower pressure to say 25 psi, and select yes for circuit mode when prompted.

Caveat : after multiple successes, car has occasionally asked to relearn. After that, works for awhile more. Not sure what triggered this.

Anyone else had any new experiences?

Originally Posted by unclejosh
Did 3 sessions after setting circuit mode to 25 psi cold initially per previous posts. Each time I turned car back on, the screen prompted circuit mode yes or no. I picked yes each time.

While driving in my final session I did get a red flag once on screen . I temporarily reset while driving with stalk, and there were none after, except for low pressure icon on gauge.

I am unsure if software is buggy or if I did something incorrect. Whatever the case, this is an improvement over the constant red flags prior in circuit mode.

Now, if someone can share how to make sport chrono automatically record laps everytime I pass start finish without pushing the stalk, I would be thrilled.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Kobalt
Race Car

I have used it now for a couple of days and I must say that I truly hate the way Porsche have over-thinked this feature.

The main problem is that you should not need to verify each time you start you car that you want it to be in Cirquit mode: Have told it that I want it to be in Cirquit it should stay in that mode until I tell it not to be in it. Really frustrating: Example: Someone askes you to move your car a couple of meters: You forget this Cirquit-question and move the car. Then the car askes me if I've changed my wheels... Go to Winter, then Summer then recalibrating.... I hate this...

The only thing I want is to see what pressure I have and be warned if the pressure is lower then the pressure I have entered - not by setting a pressure - but by using the PCM.

Sorry... been a hater for four days now...
Old 05-07-2016, 09:36 AM
devenh
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaveGordon
I was at the track yesterday and yet again forgot to select circuits when I moved the car. Went online, reread this thread again, found this advice, and it worked like a charm! Thanks!
Old 05-07-2016, 11:50 AM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 637 Likes on 419 Posts

Guys,

Been playing with this for awhile and it seems to work "mostly".

Multiple sessions without tire pressure warnings, that is, set at 26 psi in Circuit mode, lower pressure to say 25 psi, and select yes for circuit mode when prompted.

Caveat : after multiple successes, car has occasionally asked to relearn. After that, works for awhile more. Not sure what triggered this.

Anyone else had any new experiences?
I had the same issue a couple weeks ago. First three sessions were fine using this technique then all of a sudden asked to relearn. There has to be a better way or at least be able to have the dealer reset min thresholds so it doesn't flip out when you drop below 25 for a short period of time.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:52 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kobalt
I have used it now for a couple of days and I must say that I truly hate the way Porsche have over-thinked this feature.
Not hater. Just fact. Completely agree w/ you.
Old 05-07-2016, 12:17 PM
unclejosh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by signes
I had the same issue a couple weeks ago. First three sessions were fine using this technique then all of a sudden asked to relearn. There has to be a better way or at least be able to have the dealer reset min thresholds so it doesn't flip out when you drop below 25 for a short period of time.
My buddy is a Porsche Master Technician at the local dealer. I am going to get him to hook up the computer and see if we can lower the tire pressure threshold to 23 psi in Circuit Mode. Will report back!
Old 08-02-2016, 10:20 PM
C6 ZED
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default TPMS Circuits

My buddy is a Porsche Master Technician at the local dealer. I am going to get him to hook up the computer and see if we can lower the tire pressure threshold to 23 psi in Circuit Mode. Will report back!
UNCLEJOSH
Did you follow up with your friend at the Porsche dealer? I'm interested to learn if the pressure threshold can be reset. Thanks

Quick Reply: TPMS track mode