Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High milage .1 gt3 without engine failure

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2022, 01:26 PM
74goldtarga
Pro

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

These are the service records and carfax for my car - would you feel confident it had an engine swap? This is all you are going to get unless you have an image of the engine stamp and verification from Porsche service advisor (shoutout to Jon in Mpls). I had both which allowed me to buy my car sight unseen from California- I was so nervous, but so far so good.
The following users liked this post:
darkgable79 (08-28-2022)
Old 08-28-2022, 06:47 PM
darkgable79
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not at all. I would need verification of the block.
Old 08-28-2022, 06:52 PM
darkgable79
Track Day

Originally Posted by 74goldtarga
I agree - the sales guy was great and I am sure they are an outstanding dealership.

on the other hand when I reached out to the dealer that sold me my car he replied right away with “we already checked, it has the G6” and a photo. They shipped cars both ways and it was as seamless as possible. So no regrets for me in the end - but if they had a G6 car with CPO at PNH I would have bought it probably - I just didn’t push hard enough to get the answer I needed which is on me

My car had the engine replaced at about 12,000 miles in 2018 - the last owner drove the car a bit more as it now has 22,000 miles. I don't know for sure that it was never tracked but my buddy and I went over it on his lift and there is no evidence whatsoever of track time - it's crazy clean for an 8 year old car with as many miles as it has. I probably overpaid relative to the market but I got a really nice example with the G6 so I'm happy.
You honestly can’t beat that.
Old 08-28-2022, 09:05 PM
nilrents
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 74goldtarga
This is all you are going to get unless you have an image of the engine stamp and verification from Porsche service advisor (shoutout to Jon in Mpls).
The engine serial number is also on a DME report.
rickster997 (08-28-2022)
Old 08-28-2022, 11:48 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by darkgable79
I spoke to a buddy of mine yesterday that works for Porsche North Houston to ask him if the certified preowned GT3s that they get have had the engine replaced. He told me that some of the ‘14s & ‘15s had the engine replacement done at port without being recorded. My plan is to go about it the way you guys have been suggesting. Have the serial number checked to verify if it’s been replaced with the G6 designation & if not I’ll have to make the determination on taking that risk or upping my budget for a ‘16 or .2.
The point is that the first engine replacements is irrelevant and if a salesman implies that a car ‘had’ an engine replaced which ‘may not have been recorded’, it sounds like the salesman is misleading the customer. Those first engine replacements had the design issue as well as the ‘16 MY.
Old 08-29-2022, 12:36 AM
Skid
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by BryanCO
The point is that the first engine replacements is irrelevant and if a salesman implies that a car ‘had’ an engine replaced which ‘may not have been recorded’, it sounds like the salesman is misleading the customer. Those first engine replacements had the design issue as well as the ‘16 MY.
yes,G6’s didn’t start getting installed as replacements till 2018 earliest. So no new .1 came with a G6, port switched or otherwise.
darkgable79 (08-29-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 11:03 AM
darkgable79
Track Day

Originally Posted by BryanCO
Originally Posted by Skid
yes,G6’s didn’t start getting installed as replacements till 2018 earliest. So no new .1 came with a G6, port switched or otherwise.
Thanks for the information guys. I’ll be making sure to have the engine blocks checked before making any purchase if I go with a .1.
Old 09-20-2022, 03:14 PM
rickster997
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts

Just got back from Sebring with the new engine. Good news is that there were no issues. My best time in the car on fresh Hoosiers in January, nice and cold, was a 2:19. I looked at my time last September and the best was a 2:24. I am pretty sure that was on street tires. My best time this weekend on worn track tires, my new ones did not arrive on time, was a 2:21. So that tells me that there is a small jump in power. It felt really strong. BUT it is not a difference that you are going to be able to tell. I'm going to continue to do about a track event per month, so I'll check back in next year and let you know how it's going. Good luck with your 991.1! It is an amazing machine.

Quick Reply: High milage .1 gt3 without engine failure