Sponsored by:

Decklid Won’t Close....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2020, 08:55 PM
Ryanrayburn
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Decklid Won’t Close....

I was installing the full Dundon system on my 991.1 RS this afternoon and I ran into a rather frustrating problem, and through a search it appears that this does not happen often. During the installation the rear bumper and lights came off, however nothing was disturbed with the latch or the cables, I double checked everything and it was all attached correctly.

When going to close the Decklid the mechanism almost seems locked, not letting the latch go down into the assembly. I tried pulling the switch, tried the manual lever in the frunk and nothing. Not sure if the latch is broken in a locked status? You can see it actuate but the status does not change. I took the rear section off the car to inspect and take pictures, not sure what the latch is supposed to look like when the decklid is in an open state.

Old 10-12-2020, 11:25 AM
Ryanrayburn
Rennlist Member

Can I ask a big favor of the community? Can someone please open your engine lid and take a picture of the latch from the top for me? I would like to see what it should look like when the decklid is open. Thanks in advance!

Ryan
Old 10-12-2020, 12:33 PM
RoyalPink
Burning Brakes

Received 662 Likes on 277 Posts

Here you go. Hope this helps. Looks like you might need to press a little harder to close it. Don't know what else would have changed.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:43 PM
Ryanrayburn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RoyalPink
Here you go. Hope this helps. Looks like you might need to press a little harder to close it. Don't know what else would have changed.

Thank you! I am not sure what would have changed, I tried to close it much hard than usual and it still would not budge. I am happy it is stuck open and not closed though...

Last edited by Ryanrayburn; 10-12-2020 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Incoherent babbling
Old 10-12-2020, 02:52 PM
chris2
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 43 Posts

This happened on my old Audi. Latch got jammed, I was able to get it unstuck after studying it for a bit and finding that the spring had slipped out. I wound up replacing it as a precaution.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:56 PM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Received 210 Likes on 142 Posts

I had this happen on my 14 Turbo S and the dealer changed it under good will waranty . It was jammed closed though .
Old 10-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Ryanrayburn
Rennlist Member

Thank you! I am thinking something must have happened with the mechanism similar to your Audi. I tried to push the latch down with a screwdriver and it takes a tremendous amount of force to get it to move, far more than reasonably needed by the weight of the deck lid.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:27 PM
Ryanrayburn
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hashash
I had this happen on my 14 Turbo S and the dealer changed it under good will waranty . It was jammed closed though .
Thanks. My car is under warranty but it would be too much hassle to get the car down there when the deck lid won't close. The part is $200 and I already have it torn apart, hopefully that fixes the issue.
Old 01-08-2024, 01:21 AM
mc_renn
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My GT3 RS is experiencing this same issue. I am unable to click it close. I open the lid and heard the actuator and I've pushed it down with my palms with some significant weight but nothing. Any ideas?

Quick Reply: Decklid Won’t Close....