Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   DD- Macan Turbo vs AMG GLC 63s Coupe (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1170867-dd-macan-turbo-vs-amg-glc-63s-coupe.html)

Fang911 11-24-2019 10:31 AM

Will have to check out the F-type SVR...bad oversight. Stelvio Quadrafolglio another possibility but reliability prob on par with a Renault. The logical choice is the Macan Turbo but part of me says the F-Pace SVR / GLC 63s offer “more” power, etc than the Macan and costs less. And not sure any of them are better than my tuned RS3. Thats where the automotive ADD clouds all judgement 😡

TRAKCAR 11-24-2019 11:49 AM

I’m not allowed to speak about getting rid of her Macan S.
Just bought extended warranty for 3 years as it’s 4 years old in December.
Only 28K miles but the engine was out to get resealed already..

I personally like the heavier softer torqiuer Mercedes cars for the money.
Wifey loves the thing...

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...1bf8b1da5.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...a880ee5f9.jpeg

sechsgang 11-24-2019 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by br911 (Post 16249062)
Has anyone tried a Jaguar F Pace SVR? 8 cylinder 550 hp. I would also look into that one.

It's a BLAST of a car. Ride is great, not quite as agile as the Macan but holy wow does it make up for it in brute force and mechanical grip. I really dig it and they make winter tires for the 22s so no hunting for a good winter solution. Granted no heated seats or ventilated seats avail.

Golden Boy 11-24-2019 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by sechsgang (Post 16249823)
It's a BLAST of a car. Ride is great, not quite as agile as the Macan but holy wow does it make up for it in brute force and mechanical grip. I really dig it and they make winter tires for the 22s so no hunting for a good winter solution. Granted no heated seats or ventilated seats avail.

my f pace svr has heated and cooled seats.

dgoldenz 11-24-2019 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Golden Boy (Post 16250114)

Just watched some of the F-pace SVR videos and I think I'm in love. How's the interior quality? Is the dash full leather or like the "fake" full leather that just has the stitching but is actually vinyl?

sechsgang 11-24-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Golden Boy (Post 16250114)

Interesting, maybe I wasn't paying attention to where the controls for it were, in which case that makes the care even better! I had figured they just took a cue from the older rover SVR that didn't have it either to contain cost or something.

sechsgang 11-24-2019 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by dgoldenz (Post 16250207)
Just watched some of the F-pace SVR videos and I think I'm in love. How's the interior quality? Is the dash full leather or like the "fake" full leather that just has the stitching but is actually vinyl?

Compared to say a macan with full leather interior you'll notice its got a bit more vinyl texture than you may like, but it didn't bother me much given the trucks price point and honestly I didn't really notice anything too much...unlike a 992 without leather which is hilariously cheap looking.

Golden Boy 11-24-2019 09:40 PM

The main area of the truck looks good leather wise. Door panels are where they had the big budget cuts. Especially lower half of door panel. But when you get in and push it and open up the supercharged V8 you forget everything else. Personally i love it. Best daily for me in quite a while.

Fang911 11-24-2019 09:58 PM

Just spent 45 minutes on the treadmill watching Matt Farah and others review the F-pace SVR...looks and sounds awesome. Also read Car and Driver's review ranking the Alfa Stelvio Quadrafoglio beat out the GLC 63s and Macan Turbo. It's interesting, I always worry about reliability and buy extended warranties but in reality it's a fundamentally illogical concern as I sense most of us have terminal automotive ADD and never keep "daily driver" vehicles for the entire warranty period (except TRAKCAR's wife).

ThEnder 11-25-2019 02:29 PM

I have driven the GLC and owned a 2017 Macan Turbo. The Macan is a more well rounded car, handling is better than the GLC, and interior quality is also better. Despite having solid power, the Macan never really felt that fast. I tried to fix that with a Cobb tune and although it did make a difference in power, I felt that the tune really ruined the drivability of the car and flashed it back to stock.

The V8 in the GLC is intoxicating, and the GLC has much better technology onboard. For a daily driver with mostly freeway duty, I think the GLC and its glorious v8 might be more fun.

Fang911 11-25-2019 04:28 PM

Agreed, am thinking along the same lines. Have any of you guys driven or own the Stelvio Quadrifoglio?

dgoldenz 11-25-2019 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fang911 (Post 16252104)
Agreed, am thinking along the same lines. Have any of you guys driven or own the Stelvio Quadrifoglio?

drove it, loved it, wouldn’t want to own it. Too unreliable and can only be serviced at the dealer