Burning Brakes

Received 371 Likes on 210 Posts

Congrats. That wing..... Impressive.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:37 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,105 Likes on 2,350 Posts

Originally Posted by groundhog
Join your local Porsche Club, they will run all sorts of track events - you'll have a blast
+1 Check out PCA for track events.
Old 09-12-2019, 04:52 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelsB

Lots of great points in this thread in regards to the Magnesium wheels. From what we've seen is GT2RS' with the OEM Magnesium Wheels are more sought after than ones without. How that will affect asking price of these cars 3, 4, 5 years down the line remains to be seen but I reckon the highest optioned versions will end up being the most desired.
Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
^^^agree. But additionally, down the road, cars don't trade at +/- MSRP. they just trade at a price. Nobody quotes a 5/10/20yr old Porsche in +/- msrp. Market will list a higher optioned car for more money sometimes but whether those options trade at a premium to their original cost, nobody knows...
i agree that high msrp builds seem to be more desirable. The current 991.1 GT3RS market seems to be roughly 10-15% under MSRP depending on the mileage added. used 991.2 GT3RS are still at 5-10% above MSRP. The crazy amount of options these cars can have now is a different market then the old days when there were very few dollar cost options available. The real market does seem to be based on the window sticker msrp (997’s & 991’s). And then months aged and mileage to get to a final selling/market number.

Last edited by Dot23RS; 09-12-2019 at 05:14 AM.
Old 09-12-2019, 07:51 AM
ElGrandetango
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
all the various pkg are mere distractions.
the car is the car
drive it.
don't spend all the time staring or thinking.
just drive it

congrats.
Darth vader never looked so good.

Amen Brother, got the car in March. I payed 25K over but got an extra set of wheels, Xpel Clear Bra full front up with partial roof, Roll Cage and harnesses. At the end of the day it's all about what you can live with. Sure it would of been nice to wait till now to pay MSRP but I think the 10,000 plus miles of driving it were worth it to me.
The following users liked this post:
cadster (12-24-2019)
Old 09-12-2019, 10:30 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattyrae
I don’t ever track my cars. Maybe in the future.
GT2 RS - never go to a track?! I think you're not getting your money's worth on that car.
Driving it is 1 thing, but to have a GT2 RS that never sees north of 80-90mph on a freeway is a shame :P
Old 09-13-2019, 12:18 AM
Mattyrae
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
GT2 RS - never go to a track?! I think you're not getting your money's worth on that car.
Driving it is 1 thing, but to have a GT2 RS that never sees north of 80-90mph on a freeway is a shame :P
Lol sees much more than 80-90 😉
Old 09-13-2019, 12:29 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 50 Posts

Was going to say the same, there’s no way any one that owns an RS does below triple digits on the highway. These are the ultimate street machines.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:05 AM
hashash
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 147 Posts

Lol , same here . Dont track mine but sees much more than 80
Old 09-13-2019, 06:33 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,039 Likes on 658 Posts

Why don't the above take them to a track - you'll have a lot more fun and at the same time learn something. No point speeding excessively on public roads - . You've got a great car far better to learn and experience the cars ability and recognise ones own limitations.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:53 AM
iliveoncaffiene
Burning Brakes

Received 400 Likes on 235 Posts

I guess my point was: you have a car that is explicitly developed at - and for - the track. It seems like you're missing out on a large chunk of what you paid for if it never sees a track.
I'm not advocating you blow your $$ on tires and brakes or go 10/10 at a track and risk balling up the car. But doing one track day just to see what the car is really capable of? It'd at least confirm what you know the car can do

I can do triple digits in any number of cars, but I can't defy physics the way a modern Porsche GT can. It's a whole part of what makes those cars what they are

P.S. Love the car, and I can't blame you for not taking it to the track if you're set on that (I'd probably only do it once or twice in a car costing that much)
Old 09-13-2019, 10:04 AM
Simonl72
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 35 Posts

I went to the Silverstone experience centre last week and was due to do my GT3 driving day after purchase. Unfortunately the GT3 was out of action so was told to re-schedule or drive the GT2 RS.

Of course I snapped up the GT2......What a car!!! absolutely incredible, I was physically aching for 2 days after, like I'd done a day of astronaut training.

Whoever owns one of these, you're really lucky. I'd be in it all day long.

Simon
Old 09-13-2019, 11:02 AM
Mattyrae
Instructor

Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene
I guess my point was: you have a car that is explicitly developed at - and for - the track. It seems like you're missing out on a large chunk of what you paid for if it never sees a track.
I'm not advocating you blow your $$ on tires and brakes or go 10/10 at a track and risk balling up the car. But doing one track day just to see what the car is really capable of? It'd at least confirm what you know the car can do

I can do triple digits in any number of cars, but I can't defy physics the way a modern Porsche GT can. It's a whole part of what makes those cars what they are

P.S. Love the car, and I can't blame you for not taking it to the track if you're set on that (I'd probably only do it once or twice in a car costing that much)
I can do all that in someone else’s car. 😉
Old 09-13-2019, 11:51 AM
M3the01
Burning Brakes

Received 230 Likes on 167 Posts

These are great points and every owner has a different view. I will have a handful of track events per year but doing a couple things to make sure it doesn't end up costing too much, e.g. brakes changed over to surface transforms, roll cage, morefrequent oil & pdk oil changes, track insurance.

That said, I'm not an advocate for high speed driving on public roads, especially in these track focused cars as they are less forgiving than say a tts, Ferrari gt series, McLaren 720s, etc. The suspension is stiff, tons of power, and the public roads are terrible and can unsettle the car extremely easy on corners and cause an accident. Save the speed, hard cornering for the track.
Old 09-13-2019, 03:34 PM
Mattyrae
Instructor

Originally Posted by M3the01
These are great points and every owner has a different view. I will have a handful of track events per year but doing a couple things to make sure it doesn't end up costing too much, e.g. brakes changed over to surface transforms, roll cage, morefrequent oil & pdk oil changes, track insurance.

That said, I'm not an advocate for high speed driving on public roads, especially in these track focused cars as they are less forgiving than say a tts, Ferrari gt series, McLaren 720s, etc. The suspension is stiff, tons of power, and the public roads are terrible and can unsettle the car extremely easy on corners and cause an accident. Save the speed, hard cornering for the track.
That’s why you take it a little easier on the corners. Tons of farm roads away from civilians in my area. 😉
Old 09-13-2019, 03:49 PM
tqevo
Pro

Received 156 Likes on 88 Posts

That’s why you take it a little easier on the corners. Tons of farm roads away from civilians in my area. 😉
The GT2RS is a great car for driving fast in straight lines. Lower Gs than corners but to each his own. Have you considered a drag strip also?

Quick Reply: New GT2 RS