Sponsored by:

GT car scams

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 11:21 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick787
^^, guys ADM is a choice and it happens across many car brands when you want to be the first kid on your block with the shinny new toy. Guess what many of them are piled up for some because some can’t really tell the difference from the last one, it will be the last best thing. It’s a car, and nothing more .......if you wait you get a deal ....you want now you pay it’s not rocket science. ADM ranges around 10%, I find it amazing 7 figure salaries or close ranting about ADM’s. Porsche didn’t rip out your check book and mke you pay ....it’s called self control. Many members have tried to sell members here cars, and most of them are tire kickers. This is not a supply problem all clear bra’d with ceramic coating ready to be loved..........

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/...1_gt2&limit=36
Agree but, not about supply. GT2 RS is not exactly being over built.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:29 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 182 Likes on 89 Posts

I don't understand the scam here. The only scam was with Champion. ADM isn't a scam. It's a market driven force. Unfortunately, I don't have a relationship with any Porsche dealers, and i'm not on any lists, so I've had to pay an ADM for my GT3 and GT4.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:42 PM
chillindrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

The Drive is soliciting stories of dealers behaving badly. I wished him best of luck.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:48 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
spot on. Last I checked no one is owed anything. We have free will o make whatever devotions we want about the cars we buy.

you don’t like adm? Buy a used older car.

you don’t like used older cars? Buy another brand.

These are first world problems. Ranting and raving will do nothing. Voting with your pocketbook will.

i tried to get a Gt2rs. Ridiculous adm. no desire to pay so I’m now shopping Mclaren 720 and Performante. Porsche dealer can go pound sand with their adm. but I don’t complain- I just go buy something else.

Amen brother
Old 09-21-2018, 01:50 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Holy f^8k this ADM talk has gotten out of control.....in the end the consumers, us, control the market....sorry but I don't feel once ounce of anger towards a dealer trying to make as much profit as possible...let's not forget where we live and the freedoms we have....this includes businesses as well.....
Old 09-21-2018, 01:56 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by chillindrdude
The Drive is soliciting stories of dealers behaving badly. I wished him best of luck.

dealers behaving badly as in trying to maximize profit? What are we communists now where everyone should get the same car at the same price?
Whats wrong with you people? You dont like ADM - go buy something else. Last I checked there are dozens if not hundreds of older GT cars for sale. Not only is there no ADM, you can buy under MSRP.

Oh wait, you want the latest and greatest? You want a 2018 cause it has 4 HP more and black trim instead of silver trim?

Well, put your big boy pants on and write a check.

This is getting nuts! Porsche aint perfect but the sense of entitlement on this website is ridiculous.

I want a GT car and I refuse to pay what the market demands!!!

Old 09-21-2018, 02:04 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 790 Likes on 574 Posts

Well said
Old 09-21-2018, 03:04 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

dealers behaving badly as in trying to maximize profit? What are we communists now where everyone should get the same car at the same price?
Whats wrong with you people? You dont like ADM - go buy something else. Last I checked there are dozens if not hundreds of older GT cars for sale. Not only is there no ADM, you can buy under MSRP.

Oh wait, you want the latest and greatest? You want a 2018 cause it has 4 HP more and black trim instead of silver trim?

This is getting nuts! Porsche aint perfect but the sense of entitlement on this website is ridiculous.

this attitude is part of the problem, many get MSRP many do not, there needs to be a clear statement from the mothership, the demand is artificially controlled by them manipulating supply
Old 09-21-2018, 03:19 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dark knight
this attitude is part of the problem, many get MSRP many do not, there needs to be a clear statement from the mothership, the demand is artificially controlled by them manipulating supply
Why is that a problem? Those getting MSRP have likely formed a relationship somehow by buying cars or some other means.

Life is is not equal nor fair. If you want MSRP and can’t get it, make a decision to move on or pay the added fee.

Ever try to buy a Birkin bag from Hermès? You think they create an artificial demand?

Ever buy buy a Patek? Try buying a Nautilus 5711. It’s a nothing burger of a watch that you can’t buy without a 3 year wait.

The only reason people want a GT car is cause they can’t get one. I guarantee you if Porsche floods the market with GT cars but artificially limits the production of the Carrera T, this website would be full of people complaining about the ADMs on the T.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:19 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

There is a 100% clear statement from Porsche...it's called mSrp.....there is no supply manipulation....the GT market in the big picture is small for Porsche....If everyone is so up in arms about ADM's just buy something else....it's quite simple....
Old 09-21-2018, 03:28 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Why is that a problem? Those getting MSRP have likely formed a relationship somehow by buying cars or some other means.

Life is is not equal nor fair. If you want MSRP and can’t get it, make a decision to move on or pay the added fee.

Ever try to buy a Birkin bag from Hermès? You think they create an artificial demand?

Ever buy buy a Patek? Try buying a Nautilus 5711. It’s a nothing burger of a watch that you can’t buy without a 3 year wait.

The only reason people want a GT car is cause they can’t get one. I guarantee you if Porsche floods the market with GT cars but artificially limits the production of the Carrera T, this website would be full of people complaining about the ADMs on the T.

doubtful... the issue is the black market circumstances this has created with a wild west of brokers and flippers, there are people who want to hide this information
Old 09-21-2018, 03:29 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

doubtful... the issue is the black market circumstances this has created with a wild west of brokers and flippers, there are people who want to hide this information
and that is a problem because.....

Who wants to hide this information? Please be specific.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:30 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Well, it's clear that the people who advocate regulation and price fixing have never owned a business or had rental property. It's surprising how many clock punchers can afford a GT3.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:32 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Originally Posted by C5driver
Well, it's clear that the people who advocate regulation and price fixing have never owned a business or had rental property. It's surprising how many clock punchers can afford a GT3.
Yes that is crystal clear.....
Old 09-21-2018, 03:34 PM
Vince964T
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well

Stop buying the F ing hype

Drive a car with no nannies

Be a driver

Don't be the passenger

Leave Porsche Inst and FB crap hype spam.

Out

Quick Reply: GT car scams