Sponsored by:

GT car scams

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 05:15 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,106 Likes on 2,351 Posts

Originally Posted by parkerfe
Its called supply and demand-free enterprise-capitalism which is the best economic system ever developed.
Lack of perfect information distort the supply/demand dynamics....the dealers/PCNA/PAG control the information and that creates an inefficient market which distorts prices (hence why you have some people paying MSRP and others paying an ADM). Yes, I'm a Econ Major. haha
Old 09-25-2018, 05:26 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

well as a start, Only Porsche Dealerships should profit from the sale of these cars, not flippers and not brokers and if you are bitching about depreciation, you need to grow up, most cars depreciate, give the dealers more cars, more profits, more cars depreciate, more sales=more profit for dealerships who are the ones that should profit from car sales not you
Old 09-25-2018, 05:27 PM
goin2drt
Banned

Received 745 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
I am in the same boat!! I won't play the idiot games anymore. And I know they can find other buyers. Good luck to them
It's not like the GT car is like the only car in the world and one has to have it. Believe it out not there are PLENTY of other cars that offer all the same characteristics of owning a Porsche GT car. They will eventually lose plenty of fans/customers for all the BS especially when/if the economy turns. Yes for every one of us that leaves the brand, 10 will jump in. Porsche could give a rip IMO. As long as they keep printing money, they could care less about us. It would take a SERIOUS brand issue and serious sales declines for them to react. Just my opinion of course.
Old 09-25-2018, 05:35 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

2018 USA

Name:  photo143.jpg
Views: 528
Size:  331.6 KB
Old 09-25-2018, 05:37 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM

LOL seriously you’re clueless.

Are you gonna defend Ray Catena’s MSRP method as well now?
Personal attacks, trolling and, asking nonsense questions wont get you far in life.

Dan (Googled, found a NJ Mercedes dealership and decided to take Sam Clemens advice)

Old 09-25-2018, 05:55 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by STG
Ding ding!

Martin, the numbers are fairly common knowledge. Here's the wiki numbers under Specifications (Road Cars) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Porsche_911_GT3. And, one of the members on this forum, Mark I think,was fairly routinely providing precise numbers on an ongoing basis. It's interesting that more are being produced for 2019. The question is, will it be a full model year more? That could get rid of ADMs.

Dan (thinks demand is generally higher than supply)
Old 09-25-2018, 06:08 PM
darma1md
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Lack of perfect information distort the supply/demand dynamics....the dealers/PCNA/PAG control the information and that creates an inefficient market which distorts prices (hence why you have some people paying MSRP and others paying an ADM). Yes, I'm a Econ Major. haha
Probably a good idea to list Dealers that charge ADM, and dealers that don't.... increasing transparency, may even lower price, if demand is not as loop sided as dealers want you to know....
Old 09-25-2018, 06:09 PM
darma1md
Track Day

Originally Posted by STG
Thought the GT3 numbers would be larger than that....
Old 09-25-2018, 06:11 PM
darma1md
Track Day

Originally Posted by MileHigh911
I am in the same boat!! I won't play the idiot games anymore. And I know they can find other buyers. Good luck to them
That's my stand for now as well....
Old 09-25-2018, 06:21 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

I’m addressing you constantly posting on a subject you’re not familiar with, you can go through the forum and learn or you can keep repeating the same thing.

Originally Posted by hfm

Personal attacks, trolling and, asking nonsense questions wont get you far in life.

Dan (Googled, found a NJ Mercedes dealership and decided to take Sam Clemens advice)

Old 09-25-2018, 06:39 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
I’m addressing you constantly posting on a subject you’re not familiar with, you can go through the forum and learn or you can keep repeating the same thing.

I’m slow. You’re brilliant. Got it. Thank you.

Dan (understood that one)
Old 09-26-2018, 01:49 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 556 Likes on 336 Posts

Already stated by RLs with much more experience and education, free market and demand will determine price. If you don't like it, vote with your feet.

Is there price fixing involved by Porsche AG, don't see that, as it's the dealers that are setting the prices. No proof that they're meeting in secret to set prices, the final sale amounts can vary by quite a bit from what is being posted, they do compete against each other.

Porsche undoubtedly contributes to the demand by production numbers, they certainly don't want to flood the market, it would kill the demand and dilute the cachet of their marque's premium models.

If profits are to be made, it will attract those that will exploit the market, legally or criminally.

Those that are legal market exploiters can go about their business as long as they are able to reap profits. Consumers drive that engine.

Those that are criminal should be investigated, arrested and prosecuted. To attach criminal behavior to Porsche AG due to actions of individuals? Won't happen, unless you have proof that they were colluding with the baddies.

Porsche AG could come down on rogue dealers and force them to fix their problems on pain of license loss, that's an option. But I can see the parent company keeping the Champion debacle at arm's length until the locals work through the mess.

There are so many factors that drive these prices (I'm guilty of some, no excuse), desire, collectability, vanity, profit/loss, gratification, publicity, glowing reviews of the vehicles, great marketing strategy, etc, as long as the money rolls in we have what we have.

Until the bubble bursts.
Old 09-26-2018, 01:57 PM
whojoemama
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 57 Posts

+1

interesting fact: dealers make smaller margin on a percentage basis on GT cars than they do on regular cars. So PCNA is actually feeding the ADM issue rather than tamping it down. All that said if you don’t like the price of the car then don’t buy it.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by whojoemama
+1

interesting fact: dealers make smaller margin on a percentage basis on GT cars than they do on regular cars. So PCNA is actually feeding the ADM issue rather than tamping it down. All that said if you don’t like the price of the car then don’t buy it.

Dealer makes over $15K on an average GT3. That small margin?? Maybe it is?

This low margin thing is a farce on PAG's and dealers ends. Porsche doesn't sell anything low margin.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:35 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Dealer makes over $15K on an average GT3. That small margin?? Maybe it is?

This low margin thing is a farce on PAG's and dealers ends. Porsche doesn't sell anything low margin.
Exactly

Quick Reply: GT car scams