Sponsored by:

GT car scams

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 07:48 PM
Bartleby7334
Racer

Received 135 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
Well, it's clear that the people who advocate regulation and price fixing have never owned a business or had rental property. It's surprising how many clock punchers can afford a GT3.
Rentier class defends rent seeking. news at 11!
Old 09-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Succinctly stated by Martin before that Porsche Germany hides the numbers while propogating rarity via a hierarchal selection which the "market" adjusts for in USA pricing until late in production when the punters catch wind and orices drop.

I gotta wonder how Porsche do it in other countries which have no ADM
‘I would rather have ADM I had a place in Europe, and trust me you don’t want to pay the VAT tax on all you buy. We still have the cheapest car prices in the US. Ask our friends in AUS what they pay. No business that sells on supply and demand will never tell you the inventory .......it’s not a trick.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:00 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM

Read the lawsuit again, I’m not talking about Porsche.

If you're not talking about Porsche and you're instead talking about the suits against Sookralli and Champion, then that's where responsibility rests. With them, not Porsche. ADM, fraud, lawsuits unrelated to Porsche are not something Porsche needs us to be emailing them about as suggested by OP because they have nothing to do with it.

Seriously, SS employed by CP steals from X by cashing checks made out for purchase of a P car. And you think X deserves recompense or action from P instead of SS or CP? How does that logically follow at all? Forget about manufacturing anything if you can be sued or be liable because someone fraudulently steals by claiming to sell something you've made. Hell, may be they should have a claim against Germany too who should be responsible because Porsche is located there. Let's just wipe out industry while were at it.

Dan (wonders if this is a political or ideological issue for some forum members)
Old 09-21-2018, 08:04 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
Disappointing elitist attitude for a car enthusiast forum, I could easily afford more, but I don't spend money needlessly. Usually people who earn their money know this. I don't advocate regulation, I advocate for sanity and an end to this chaos. If you are a broker or flipper or use them, you are part of a "black market" you justify your position by saying its capitalism. Just like the coyote who smuggles people across the border instead of being legit and sometimes it all goes wrong like it did for customers of SS. I own rental property and businesses and I don't punch a time clock, that means I work for a living, and I believe in capitalism. I believe Michael Jordan should do something when kids shoot each other at shoe stores. I believe Porsche should take a stand in some fashion. Just like they punish those who used to ship Cayennes out of the US. There are ways to control the market and push out the corruption, They already manipulate dealers with allocations. Customers and the market need to be nurtured and grown, these games interfere with that relationship. Non Porsche Dealers should not be profiting from scarcity, period. That can be made to happen, non refundable deposits scared away brokers and flippers, requiring purchasers to offer first right of refusal for resale in the first year stops this game. AP made it clear, these cars are not a hedge fund.
You are comparing this episode to immigrant smugglers?????

These are 6-figure cars, not milk/eggs/medicines or necessities of life.

I don’t like ADMs and have not paid one on a new car yet, but have paid over msrp for other things that I wanted right away.

How people want to spend their money is not for others to decide. Porsche is not controlling a necessity, it is merely a luxury item.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:06 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,100 Likes on 1,011 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd

I don’t like ADMs and have not paid one on a new car yet, but have paid over msrp for other things that I wanted right away.

How people want to spend their money is not for others to decide. Porsche is not controlling a necessity, it is merely a luxury item.
THANK YOU. It’s amazing a debate on 200k cars .......people around the world would laugh at this conversation.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:07 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Nope, never said that, I asked you to read the lawsuit again to see who was involved. On the other hand, I have the impression that the manufacturer was aware, and it’s still aware of this practice by some dealers and doesn’t penalize the act because it would be inconvenient.

Originally Posted by hfm
If you're not talking about Porsche and you're instead talking about the suits against Sookralli and Champion, then that's where responsibility rests. With them, not Porsche. ADM, fraud, lawsuits unrelated to Porsche are not something Porsche needs us to be emailing them about as suggested by OP because they have nothing to do with it.

Seriously, SS employed by CP steals from X by cashing checks made out for purchase of a P car. And you think X deserves recompense or action from P instead of SS or CP? How does that logically follow at all? Forget about manufacturing anything if you can be sued or be liable because someone fraudulently steals by claiming to sell something you've made. Hell, may be they should have a claim against Germany too who should be responsible because Porsche is located there. Let's just wipe out industry while were at it.

Dan (wonders if this is a political or ideological issue for some forum members)
Old 09-21-2018, 08:15 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

yes, it may have already cost one man his life, and who knows when/if Sookralli will be found, as for Porsche, I was offered a 2RS, price to be determined, when things are vague, it leads to hard feelings, in business cars marriage etc. Id rather build a Singer or my own creation than deal with the hassles. Those of you who flip cars, or expect to own with zero deprecation have no passion, you are the kind of people that give away pets to the pound or who have sex with fat ugly women because its convenient. Personally I commend Ford for wanting their cars to go to those who are real enthusiasts, not smelly cologne weasels who belong in a Bentley.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:35 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

yes, it may have already cost one man his life, and who knows when/if Sookralli will be found,y.
So the guy who stole 2.5 million dollars is the victim??? This is awesome! Who needs cable TV when you have rennlist.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:42 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Nope, never said that, I asked you to read the lawsuit again to see who was involved. On the other hand, I have the impression that the manufacturer was aware, and it’s still aware of this practice by some dealers and doesn’t penalize the act because it would be inconvenient.

Please post a link to the law suit you are referencing. The only ones I'm aware of are CP v. SS and the other one I glanced at involving I believe ML Luxury that may have provided CP with notice of SS's prior conduct. Thanks.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:43 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

yes, it may have already cost one man his life, and who knows when/if Sookralli will be found, as for Porsche, I was offered a 2RS, price to be determined, when things are vague, it leads to hard feelings, in business cars marriage etc. Id rather build a Singer or my own creation than deal with the hassles. Those of you who flip cars, or expect to own with zero deprecation have no passion, you are the kind of people that give away pets to the pound or who have sex with fat ugly women because its convenient. Personally I commend Ford for wanting their cars to go to those who are real enthusiasts, not smelly cologne weasels who belong in a Bentley.
You are clearly spewing BS at this point.

You should go build a Singer. That whole car is one big ADM! I like them, but I would rather pay an ADM to a dealer than have a custom 964 for over $600K. But, they are beautiful, my colleague owns one.

If you really want something you buy it if you have the means, otherwise you don’t want it as much as you think or say.

Your problem is that you don’t want to pay the ask.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:24 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 211 Likes on 151 Posts

Dan, fast, mav, etc... I’ll show myself out...

Old 09-21-2018, 09:24 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

You are clearly spewing BS at this point.

You should go build a Singer. That whole car is one big ADM! I like them, but I would rather pay an ADM to a dealer than have a custom 964 for over $600K. But, they are beautiful, my colleague owns one.

If you really want something you buy it if you have the means, otherwise you don’t want it as much as you think or say.

Your problem is that you don’t want to pay the ask.

whatever.
Old 09-21-2018, 09:29 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
Please post a link to the law suit you are referencing. The only ones I'm aware of are CP v. SS and the other one I glanced at involving I believe ML Luxury that may have provided CP with notice of SS's prior conduct. Thanks.

https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...litigation.pdf

Old 09-21-2018, 09:40 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye

So the guy who stole 2.5 million dollars is the victim??? This is awesome! Who needs cable TV when you have rennlist.

Maraj who "drowned" a few months ago
Old 09-21-2018, 09:49 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Maraj who "drowned" a few months ago
huh???

Quick Reply: GT car scams