Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Designated Bickering Thread (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1090597-designated-bickering-thread.html)

robmypro 08-16-2018 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 15219790)
Shifting at redline next to Prius mandatory in lieu of shocker airhorn.

:thumbsup:

CME 08-16-2018 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by robmypro (Post 15218384)
See my answers. chet

1. Why does the headlights auto option sit at 10 o'clock instead of 12?
Because you leave that on all the time. If you want to turn your lights on and off the old fashion way you have three positions - not four.

2. Why does the radio and power not turn off when you turn the car off?
Agree stupid BMW tech. I hate that on my M2.

3. Why do you have to hold the memory button to change the seat position when in the car, but only one press is needed when outside the car?
I think this is a safety issue, in case you hit the button accidentally while driving. You want make sure you 'WANT' to move your seat when in car.

4. The infotainment system is overly complex and not intuitive.
Disagree as the iDrive is a lot better than the original version in my 2006 530xi Touring. That sucked.

5. Why do you need to pull the handle twice to open the door from the inside?
I think this is only if the car door is locked. If unlocked then only once. What does annoy me is that you have to pull hood release twice to open. Also BMW moved to twin pins on the hoods vs onot sure.ne in middle and makes closing the hood a pain.

6. Why is the HUD not visible with polarized sun glasses.
Yes sucks.

7. Why is there no indicator telling you the heated steering wheel is active?
The button lights up. Guess you need another dummy light in the dash.

8. Why does it take so many button presses to get to go Home in the navigation system?
Agree really stupid. You can program one of the 8 open buttons below radio as a 'take me home button".

9. Why does the turn signal stalk sometimes work and other times not?
Not sure.

10. Why do I have to reset the tire pressure monitoring system, when the tires are not low? This could be altitude related.
I don't have that issue in NY area.

11. Why is there a button to lock the car doors from the trunk, but the same button does not unlock the car doors as well?
The Jimmy Hoffa option.

12. Why does the car not remember what driving mode you are in when you start the car?
Lawyers and Obama EPA.

13. Why does the backup camera view not go off once you put the car in drive?
Lawyers.

I could go on.

I am basically one and done with the whole BMW thing. This car was clearly designed by committee. But, glad you like yours!

chet

RennOracle 08-16-2018 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by mass27 (Post 15218153)
I hate dogs.
I hate watches.
The last time I rode a bicycle was on my paper route before I could drive.
Does anyone on RL have a job?
What the F is a hustler and how does it equate to making more money?

Now i know what 'mass' in your username stands for, it's the shorting of 'mass murderer'.

p.s. i kid i kid.

robmypro 08-16-2018 04:01 PM

Thanks chet!

1. Why does the headlights auto option sit at 10 o'clock instead of 12?
Because you leave that on all the time. If you want to turn your lights on and off the old fashion way you have three positions - not four.
I guess I was expecting 12 o'clock like most cars. But not a huge issue.

2. Why does the radio and power not turn off when you turn the car off?
Agree stupid BMW tech. I hate that on my M2.
I hear you.

3. Why do you have to hold the memory button to change the seat position when in the car, but only one press is needed when outside the car?
I think this is a safety issue, in case you hit the button accidentally while driving. You want make sure you 'WANT' to move your seat when in car.
On my Lexus the memory buttons just don't work when you are driving. But they work the same while not moving. The Japanese have the right idea.

4. The infotainment system is overly complex and not intuitive.
Disagree as the iDrive is a lot better than the original version in my 2006 530xi Touring. That sucked.
Jesus. I can only imagine how bad the original version was then.

5. Why do you need to pull the handle twice to open the door from the inside?
I think this is only if the car door is locked. If unlocked then only once. What does annoy me is that you have to pull hood release twice to open. Also BMW moved to twin pins on the hoods vs onot sure.ne in middle and makes closing the hood a pain.
Correct. Still makes no sense. Pull handle, door opens.

6. Why is the HUD not visible with polarized sun glasses.
Yes sucks.
I have to turn my head to see it. lol

7. Why is there no indicator telling you the heated steering wheel is active?
The button lights up. Guess you need another dummy light in the dash.
So the button lights up on the steering column, which is impossible to see while driving?

8. Why does it take so many button presses to get to go Home in the navigation system?
Agree really stupid. You can program one of the 8 open buttons below radio as a 'take me home button".
Yeah, I will try that. Thanks.

9. Why does the turn signal stalk sometimes work and other times not?
Not sure.
What happens is I move it so it should lock it instead of just a few flashes, but it doesn't always take. It is like the difference in feel between the 1st position (just do the 3 flash only) and the hold it flashing setting is not different enough.

10. Why do I have to reset the tire pressure monitoring system, when the tires are not low? This could be altitude related.
I don't have that issue in NY area.
Must be the altitude.

11. Why is there a button to lock the car doors from the trunk, but the same button does not unlock the car doors as well?
The Jimmy Hoffa option.
LOL yeah maybe. But seriously, you open the trunk to put groceries in. Why not have the button to open the door. My wife always has to wait for me to unlock the door. Just dumb.

12. Why does the car not remember what driving mode you are in when you start the car?
Lawyers and Obama EPA.
Okay I guess.

13. Why does the backup camera view not go off once you put the car in drive?
Lawyers.
But I am driving like 5 mph before it goes off. Makes no sense to me.

The good news? None of these frustrations or bazaar design choices exist on my GT3. Porsche really made no mistakes that I can see after the same time of ownership. BMW made one mistake after another. Really piss poor effort imo. I won't buy another BMW.

Betelgeuse 08-16-2018 04:24 PM

“ Necessity is the Mother of Invention.”

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...063c3e40f.jpeg

(Above, Artist rendering of PFFG)
It is a dangerous world out there; especially in the New York metropolitan area. Venture into New Jersey, where road construction is continuous and never ending, and you know that disaster is lurking just a turn away...

After PPF and Ceramic Pro, what to do?... Porsche Force Field Generator (PFFG)!

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...c8a94b07e.jpeg

... early PFFG prototype (mounted on roof)... production version is now miniaturized to size of “wart”...

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...ac55e3634.jpeg

... PFFG in action... honestly, it will pay for itself just in peace of mind...

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...e3ce7b0d0.jpeg

You have the best paint film protection film protection, the most advanced nano coating, the Porsche force field generator (PFFG), yet still rest uneasily; what to do?... for the ultimate shield of your interior alcantara and leather from those nasty and odiferous body excrescences... the Porsche Body Shield (PBS)!

GeoJoe 08-16-2018 05:18 PM

I hate people who can't park and badges that don't belong.https://i.imgur.com/y1hUYFM.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HFf7Bhh.jpg

Rallyeporsche 08-16-2018 06:28 PM

ROBMYPRO: Why does anyone need 1. thru 11.?

robmypro 08-16-2018 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rallyeporsche (Post 15221780)
ROBMYPRO: Why does anyone need 1. thru 11.?

I don’t know if these items are needs or wants, but rather peculiar design decisions that i believe other car makers made better decisions on. I just don’t think the 550i is a user-friendly car. It’s like the car goes out of its way to be annoying. The GT3 may have ruined me.

d00d 08-16-2018 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by BryanCO (Post 15219641)
Replying to threads and not deleting the repeated pictures

This! ...and not capitalizing single i.

ranger22 08-16-2018 06:37 PM

Every good discussion on GT3 values gets crapped on the by the neighborhood dawgs.

Value. <poop> Value. Value. <poop> Value. Value. <poop>

robmypro 08-16-2018 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by d00d (Post 15221809)
...and not capitalizing single i.

Using iPad. Too much work.

0to60 08-16-2018 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
This is the dojo so FXz and 0to60 and Hammerstein can all yell at each other saving our forum

Your above this CJ

robmypro 08-16-2018 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by 0to60 (Post 15222086)
Your above this CJ

I actually thought every comment in this thread was made very jokingly. At least i hope all the people i insulted thinked so lol.

iphilips 08-16-2018 10:23 PM

Real sports cars are not cabs

0to60 08-16-2018 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by robmypro
I actually thought every comment in this thread was made very jokingly. At least i hope all the people i insulted thinked so lol.

Problem on RL, Mods don't enforce, off topic, insults, pettiness equally across the board. Certain members get a lot more discretion and leeway than others.