Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   GT3 Touring. Seat selection (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1062486-gt3-touring-seat-selection.html)

brainzito 04-07-2018 01:16 PM

GT3 Touring. Seat selection

Changed my mind and going wing-less. Car won't be a daily driver, but I'm afraid not going with bucket seats defeats the GT appeal of the car?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PJS8B7L1

Your thoughts?

Ascend 04-07-2018 01:22 PM

I would leave light design and fire extinguisher out. Other than that looks great

FORENN 04-07-2018 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by brainzito (Post 14925213)
Changed my mind and going wing-less. Car won't be a daily driver, but I'm afraid not going with bucket seats defeats the GT appeal of the car?

Your thoughts?

I don't get buckets for the touring. Sofas make way more sense. The package is called "touring".

sccchiii 04-07-2018 01:39 PM

Your thoughts?

you already got rid of GT appeal by going wingless :nono: lol

seriously dump fire extinguisher it’s junk and my 2 cents is the best seat ever are the touring LWB with black cloth inserts....pissed they didn’t offer that on the non touring GT3, although my red stripe going from top to bottom is growing on me

Chris88 04-07-2018 01:42 PM

What's wrong with buckets for the touring? I have them in mine and the only negative is they're a bit tough to get in and out of. Otherwise, they're great.

sccchiii 04-07-2018 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chris88 (Post 14925255)
What's wrong with buckets for the touring? I have them in mine and the only negative is they're a bit tough to get in and out of. Otherwise, they're great.

agreed, I have 4 991 gen GT cars and all have LWB specced, I’m not small and as you know once you get the technique down it’s not difficult at all. Besides since I’m a fat ass I consider it needed exercise.

Whoops....this might have turned into a sofas vs LWB discussion, forget everything I have wrote!!

_fletch 04-07-2018 02:06 PM

As others have said they are a bit of a PITA to get in and out of, but they are super comfy and really look great in the Touring IMHO

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...4332d2dea9.jpg

Chris88 04-07-2018 02:10 PM

LOL :roflmao: I have had people of "larger frame" have a very difficult time getting out of the LWB's. I'm not the youngest guy, so also think of it as exercise getting in and out of them.

FORENN 04-07-2018 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by sccchiii (Post 14925245)

haha good point

Betelgeuse 04-07-2018 02:34 PM

Your thoughts?

I have heated 4-ways in my Touring, and find them comfortable, supportive, and great looking, with easier ingress/egress as a semi-DD. Getting them was a no-brainer for me, since I will be using the space behind the seats for soft luggage, and golf clubs. My 981 Spyder has the LWBs, which look great, and are comfortable once in them, though a bit more of a chore, understandably. For you, as a non-DD, I would go for the LWBs for cool factor if rear access is not an issue.

Cheers,

Claudio

GiuseppeM 04-07-2018 02:46 PM

You wanna truly feel the car? Get buckets.

golfnutintib 04-07-2018 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts (Post 14925224)
I don't get buckets for the touring. Sofas make way more sense. The package is called "touring".

this ^^^

lack of seat back angle adj is just stupid for a 'touring' car

_fletch 04-07-2018 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by golfnutintib (Post 14925451)
this ^^^

lack of seat back angle adj is just stupid for a 'touring' car

Remind me again what the T stands for in GT3?

Yippiekiaye 04-07-2018 03:26 PM

I went back and forth on this for my Touring - arriving in August. At first I was going to do the sofas - but decided to stick with the LWB. Im happy with the decision but both would work well. I don't think you can go wrong here.

1963SWC 04-07-2018 03:38 PM

I vote buckets and then fit the angle adjusters if you want a more laid back feel.
And if you decide to spec the extinguisher/bracket but don't like it, I will gladly buy it from you for 2x MSRP.....

golfnutintib 04-07-2018 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by _fletch (Post 14925461)
Remind me again what the T stands for in GT3?

moronic comment

your car your money porsche will sell u what u want

brainzito 04-07-2018 03:49 PM

Thanks for the comments. I love the looks and feel of the buckets. I'm young but still find them a PITA to get in and out from.
Some may say it may hurt resale, but I'm planning on buying the car I want, not the next guy that buys it from me...

brainzito 04-07-2018 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by sccchiii (Post 14925245)

seriously dump fire extinguisher it’s junk and my 2 cents is the best seat ever are the touring LWB with black cloth inserts....pissed they didn’t offer that on the non touring GT3, although my red stripe going from top to bottom is growing on me

Touché..

hiroshikato1 04-07-2018 04:36 PM

I vote getting LWB seats and recovering the center cloth section to Pepita or similar pattern. I almost bought a Touring with 18 ways and had them spec LWB seats as a second set, the price was truly unbelievable, as in almost $30K. Doing the reverse would be much easier/less costly and having a set of LWB seats to sell... you would actually make money. In the end buy what you like but try the LWB seats, they are drop dead gorgeous but those who say they are comfortable... sometimes people make themselves believe certain things.

Lapis 04-07-2018 05:18 PM

I had a 991.1 GT3 with 18-ways and a GT4 with standard 2-way sofas (basically same as the 4-way sofas standard on 911). Sure they were comfortable and easy to get into and out of.

Now one I have a 981 Spyder with LWBs, and while they are more of a chore to get into and out of, they not only look great and hold you snugly in place during spirited driving, but I actually find them more comfortable and supportive on hours long drives than I did even the 18-ways. I suppose the snug fit and forced posture is better for my back than slouching that the sofas allow.

Importantly, the LWBs seem to change the driving experience in a positive way if you’re into feeling as connected to the car as possible, which most GT enthusiasts are. They go lower and help you to feel at one with the car more than the sofas do.

Pay no attention to the peanut gallery here about which is more appropriate for a GT3 Touring, and get what you like. The car will be super special and hold its value well either way.

I have a GT3 Touring on order with LWBs (CXX ones actually, with houndstooth and piping), and am excited thinking about it. Were I ordering it to use as a DD, which I am not, I would probably go with the standard 4-ways for ease of access and comfort of passengers, as well as to save $$$$. For most people, the 4-ways are just as comfy, if not more so say some, as the 18-ways, and they look the same too.

Jamie140 04-07-2018 05:21 PM

As long as your body is comfortable with them, I have to say buckets.

AndreasPeriera 04-07-2018 06:27 PM

Hi guys, First post here. Such a great forum!
I am between the Folding Buckets and the LWBs for my Touring. I love the way the LWBs look, especially the carbon fiber back. If the options are between the 4way and the LWBs then definitely the LWBs. They just fit the car better.
At the end of the day, you want your bum feel part of the car!

brainzito 04-07-2018 08:03 PM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...70bcbef5b.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...6cba92d37.jpeg

Porsche911GTS'16 04-07-2018 08:14 PM

I too have gone back and forth on this for my Touring build. From a practical standpoint, the 4 ways make more sense. The "back seat" area would be usable for golf clubs, etc and I really like the seat warming function in my 991.1 GTS 4 ways. From an aesthetic and driving standpoint, the LWBs make more sense to me because it is not going to be a daily driver and I want the driving experience to be as different from my PDK GTS as possible. My current build has the LWBs. Now, if I can just decide on a color! Poor me!

brainzito 04-07-2018 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16 (Post 14925895)
I too have gone back and forth on this for my Touring build. From a practical standpoint, the 4 ways make more sense. The "back seat" area would be usable for golf clubs, etc and I really like the seat warming function in my 991.1 GTS 4 ways. From an aesthetic and driving standpoint, the LWBs make more sense to me because it is not going to be a daily driver and I want the driving experience to be as different from my PDK GTS as possible. My current build has the LWBs. Now, if I can just decide on a color! Poor me!

What color(s) are you in between?

Porsche911GTS'16 04-07-2018 11:29 PM

Brainzito - I am all over the place, quite frankly. My GTS is agate grey which I love but I want to mix it up a bit. I'm leaning toward lava orange with racing stripes but that kind of, sort of defeats the "under the radar" purpose of the Touring. But it looks killer. Carmine also has caught my eye. I have also considered GT silver, chalk, and carrara white but I think I have ruled those out for various reasons. I get tired of seeing black, white, silver and grey cars here in LA. I want to be different. Lava would certainly fit that bill, but I figure that if I am going to get lava, I should wing it. A good "problem" to have!

Petevb 04-08-2018 03:32 AM

I’ve had 4 ways in both my GT4 and now my touring. They fit me extremely well (though the buckets do too). The decision came down to folding and access to the rear seat area.

Currently if I had to do it again I think I’d probably go buckets. Tough call and it might be buyer’s regret speaking, but buckets seem more special. The surprise for me is that the Touring itself is special enough to really justify buckets. In the GT4 I had zero regrets specing 4 ways, but in the Touring they’re almost seem beneath the car (practicality be damned). Folding buckets would be my top choice, but in their absence LW buckets just work- they really play to the “wolf in sheep’s clothing” persona of the Touring IMHO....

I say that despite the fact that I’d probably still skip buckets in the winged GT3, where I almost feel like they’re trying too hard. If I really needed something I’d simply spring for a HANS ready Racetech.

golfnutintib 04-08-2018 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Petevb (Post 14926444)
I’ve had 4 ways in both my GT4 and now my touring. They fit me extremely well (though the buckets do too). The decision came down to folding and access to the rear seat area.

Currently if I had to do it again I think I’d probably go buckets. Tough call and it might be buyer’s regret speaking, but buckets seem more special. The surprise for me is that the Touring itself is special enough to really justify buckets. In the GT4 I had zero regrets specing 4 ways, but in the Touring they’re almost seem beneath the car (practicality be damned). Folding buckets would be my top choice, but in their absence LW buckets just work- they really play to the “wolf in sheep’s clothing” persona of the Touring IMHO....

I say that despite the fact that I’d probably still skip buckets in the winged GT3, where I almost feel like they’re trying too hard. If I really needed something I’d simply spring for a HANS ready Racetech.

pete i am sure u know that 997 GT2 folding CF buckets with the right connector do work seamlessly on the 991 cars!!! :cheers: have cake eat it too

mlkissel1 04-08-2018 11:19 PM

Always fun reading everyone opinion. I am agonising over options/ colors in building a .2 GT3. The wing delete is just that, no wing. This does not turn it into a 911R, its a GT3 with no wing. If you like the full bucket seats, get them with or without the wing. Personal preference. I currently owe a .1 GT3, and will go wingless for many reasons. One main one is visibility out the back at night. The whole experience of driving a car like this will not be diminished simply by removing the surf board.......

Chris88 04-08-2018 11:37 PM

Just got back from a 250 mile trip from the Bay Area down to Monterey and back. This is the longest trip I've taken in my touring with LWB's, and they were very comfortable for the whole drive. I am so glad I got them! I also hit 1,000 miles today, so I guess she's broken in.

Johisco 04-08-2018 11:48 PM

I went with 18 ways for my GT3 T. I like the look of the buckets but it just came down to ease of use, access and adjustability

mlkissel1 04-09-2018 10:50 AM

I am pretty sure I will be going with full buckets in my order. I had the 4 ways in my .1 and had to use some sort of lumbar pillow if I was driving for more than an hour. I'm sure the CF seats will not be any better, but will be awesome for those "spirited" drives!

destaccado 04-09-2018 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by golfnutintib (Post 14925496)
moronic comment

your car your money porsche will sell u what u want

I thought his comment was less moronic then yours actually.

Further, I find the lightweight buckets more comfortable then the sofas and 1000x nicer looking. I just took a five hour trip in them with zero pain and my back would kick after about 90 minutes in the 18-way sofas.

pitt911 04-09-2018 12:18 PM

This debate is like you want burger or pizza for lunch. Both are very good and it depends on your personal choice . Some people prefer one over the other ,
I have had both in GT cars and prefer sofas myself ,

Dr.Bill 04-09-2018 12:26 PM

Get the ones you want.

Once you've had them more than a day, both the sport bucket seats and full bucket seats are simple to get in and out of. For me they are also the most comfortable, at least up to a 6 hour drive. No personal experience with longer stints. Don't let others complaints steer you away from a particular choice. I would bet that most of the 'it's hard to get in and out of' crowd have never owned a car with the seats.

In my mind (which is a very strange place) the 2-way seats seem to fit the concept of the touring package best. Either flavor of bucket seats would also fit as it is still sort of a GT3. In the ROW, the folding sport bucket seats make the most sense as you can access the rear storage area. In the US, the full bucket seats make less sense, but are still a viable option.

NVRANUF 04-09-2018 12:31 PM

Get the style you prefer and work best for you. Image is overrated.

There's no "Manhood Badge" issued with any choice, including LWB...

smporsche 04-09-2018 12:41 PM

For those that have tried both LWB and 18 ways, don't you find that you feel more with the LWB and the drive is ultimately a little more exciting?

JRidge 04-09-2018 12:54 PM

Love my buckets, but the biggest negative to me isn't ingress/egress or comfort, it's the PITA of trying to get things in and out of the cavernous rear cargo area. So much so that I'm thinking of putting a 4-way on the passenger side. Plus, I think my wife will thank me. Don't really care how silly it looks.

mlkissel1 04-09-2018 01:13 PM

I actually considered asking the dealer if you could do LWB on drivers side and 4 way on pax! Too funny.

993RR 04-09-2018 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by JRidge (Post 14929182)
Love my buckets, but the biggest negative to me isn't ingress/egress or comfort, it's the PITA of trying to get things in and out of the cavernous rear cargo area. So much so that I'm thinking of putting a 4-way on the passenger side. Plus, I think my wife will thank me. Don't really care how silly it looks.

Folding buckets?

Archimedes 04-09-2018 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts (Post 14925224)

Except some people find the buckets more supportive and thus more comfortable than the sofas. For me, the buckets are the best car seat I've ever owned. I'd get hot spots and aches in all three variants of the sofas I've owned, but I get none in the buckets. I can go hours in them with no aches, and I'm a surgically repaired mess. I couldn't do 90 minutes in the sofas without needing to stop and de-ache my back and hip. The buckets are a god send. Even my wife now likes them better than the sofas that were in my Carrera. She'd prefer more lean, but she agrees that they're very comfortable and super supportive.

The assumption that people make that the LWBs are less comfortable than the sofas is simply false.

Terrence 04-09-2018 03:14 PM

As you guys know, I have both.

LWB
Better looking, better sense of occasion, lighter weight.

18-ways
Better comfort due to:
a) More adjustments to conform to your body (lumbar, seat extension, bolster adjustment, tilt, height, etc)
b) Heated (for those cold days and nights)
c) More padding which therefore nicer to your spine.
d) Ingress and Egress way easier with much less effort

I would say LWB for winged cars mainly used for canyon runs and track events, and 18 ways or 4 ways for a Touring meant to be used quite often, like daily driving or weekend trips.

Just my opinion.

itsujack 04-09-2018 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Archimedes (Post 14929259)
Except some people find the buckets more supportive and thus more comfortable than the sofas. For me, the buckets are the best car seat I've ever owned. I'd get hot spots and aches in all three variants of the sofas I've owned, but I get none in the buckets. I can go hours in them with no aches, and I'm a surgically repaired mess. I couldn't do 90 minutes in the sofas without needing to stop and de-ache my back and hip. The buckets are a god send. Even my wife now likes them better than the sofas that were in my Carrera. She'd prefer more lean, but she agrees that they're very comfortable and super supportive.

The assumption that people make that the LWBs are less comfortable than the sofas is simply false.

100% agree. The folding buckets in our 987 Spyder are the most comfortable seats we've ever had for both my wife and I. I don't have the best back, but have done Sydney to Melbourne in around 9 hours and stepped out feeling great. Was a no brainer to order them again for our Touring. Three months to go be it arrives...

gigi02 04-09-2018 06:46 PM

OP,

Foldable buckets because they are buckets and you'll feel comfortable in them no matter how long you drive. Ask me how I know! And then you also need to use all that rear cargo area to do the Touring. It is a pain to access the rear area with full buckets. As others said if your passenger claims she or he does not sleep well then recline the passenger seat with an aftermarket solution. Do not do this on the drivers seat because you will find out you won't stand the leg pain on a long run.

brainzito 04-09-2018 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by gigi02 (Post 14930106)
OP,

Foldable buckets because they are buckets and you'll feel comfortable in them no matter how long you drive. Ask me how I know! And then you also need to use all that rear cargo area to do the Touring. It is a pain to access the rear area with full buckets. As others said if your passenger claims she or he does not sleep well then recline the passenger seat with an aftermarket solution. Do not do this on the drivers seat because you will find out you won't stand the leg pain on a long run.

This is a USA car, no option for foldable buckets here...;-)

TBC63 04-09-2018 11:20 PM

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...b1a7992e01.png
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...d453142b4c.png
My build lock date is July and I've been bouncing back and forth on seat decision. Have the 18way in my 16 GTS cab and find them very comfy and easy on long drives which gives me a lot of confidence in choosing 18way for the Touring... BUT in case I can't get the houndstooth CXX on the 18way I might go buckets and lose some weight so I can get in and out easier! Then I find this pic render from NS2 Media...and another of Recaro and it got me thinking...get the comfy 18 way seats I already know and if I really want an option for houndstooth and different seat with maybe even a folding option I would get some derivative of these seats. Hopefully not costing more that 15k!

Captain racing 04-10-2018 02:08 AM

Any other gt3 I'd say LWB are a must but on a touring I'd go with sofas.

FORENN 04-10-2018 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Captain racing (Post 14930993)
Any other gt3 I'd say LWB are a must but on a touring I'd go with sofas.

Exactly.

AndreasPeriera 04-10-2018 11:18 AM

Many would actually get the LWB in non-GT 911s if given the chance. IMO the LWBs gives the car a sense of occasion, it makes it more special and definitely more engaging.

Archimedes 04-10-2018 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by AndreasPeriera (Post 14931525)
Many would actually get the LWB in non-GT 911s if given the chance. IMO the LWBs gives the car a sense of occasion, it makes it more special and definitely more engaging.

Yup. After owning all of them, I wouldn't buy a Porsche sports car without them at this point.

Johisco 04-10-2018 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by AndreasPeriera (Post 14931525)

No not at all. The folding buckets are available in 911's in all over Europe and it is maybe 1 in 50 cars....

Edit. Actually, it's around 1 out of 100 non GT 911's that have buckets

destaccado 04-11-2018 03:53 AM

At 5'10, 185 lbs and fit, the lightweight buckets are more comfortable for me in my mid-30's than the sofas I had in my 2013 911 - period. My girlfriend shares the same opinion and nobody that I've taken for a trip has commented on the seats being uncomfortable. Everyone (okay only 4 people) has commented on how incredible the seat looked without being prompted. Since I don't ever see myself taking this car on a trip with more than a carry-on suitcase or a backpack, I didn't pick the folding buckets simply because the '918' style buckets look better to me. There aren't many parts in our 911's that were developed for a million dollar supercar. If you'd rather have the sofa seats that sell for a couple grand used on eBay and are commonly equipped on base model 718's then go ahead. I saw a black 2018 GT3 yesterday at my PPF shop and couldn't believe how spectacularly cheap the interior looked next to mine because of skipping a few thousand bucks in options on a 200k car.

The only problem I have with the buckets is it's basically impossible to get in without rubbing the bolster to some extent. After seeing the demonstration car at the Frankfurt show and noting how worn the bolsters were after only a couple days of use I invested in a pair of bolster covers.

If you're a bigger guy or you need access to the rear storage area then of course YMMV.

The 918-style lwb seat is the centerpiece of the interior. If you want your car to look like it cost what you paid for it then spec them.

AndreasPeriera 04-11-2018 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by destaccado (Post 14933664)
At 5'10, 185 lbs and fit, the lightweight buckets are more comfortable for me in my mid-30's than the sofas I had in my 2013 911 - period. My girlfriend shares the same opinion and nobody that I've taken for a trip has commented on the seats being uncomfortable. Everyone (okay only 4 people) has commented on how incredible the seat looked without being prompted. Since I don't ever see myself taking this car on a trip with more than a carry-on suitcase or a backpack, I didn't pick the folding buckets simply because the '918' style buckets look better to me. There aren't many parts in our 911's that were developed for a million dollar supercar. If you'd rather have the sofa seats that sell for a couple grand used on eBay and are commonly equipped on base model 718's then go ahead. I saw a black 2018 GT3 yesterday at my PPF shop and couldn't believe how spectacularly cheap the interior looked next to mine because of skipping a few thousand bucks in options on a 200k car.

The only problem I have with the buckets is it's basically impossible to get in without rubbing the bolster to some extent. After seeing the demonstration car at the Frankfurt show and noting how worn the bolsters were after only a couple days of use I invested in a pair of bolster covers.

If you're a bigger guy or you need access to the rear storage area then of course YMMV.

The 918-style lwb seat is the centerpiece of the interior. If you want your car to look like it cost what you paid for it then spec them.

you are making me think about changing my order from folding buckets to LWBs. I like the look of both of them but I agree the LWBs look more special.

Johisco 04-11-2018 01:50 PM

I saw a black 2018 GT3 yesterday at my PPF shop and couldn't believe how spectacularly cheap the interior looked next to mine because of skipping a few thousand bucks in yoptions on a 200k car.

Highly subjective... I think they are cool but also look a little childish, boy racer sort of. But hey, I just turned 40 so maybe it is an age thing.

But what you mainly don't seem to grasp is that some of us think the buckets also are uncomfortable, you think it is about saving a few bucks 🤣🤣

destaccado 04-11-2018 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Johisco (Post 14934595)
Highly subjective... I think they are cool but also look a little childish, boy racer sort of. But hey, I just turned 40 so maybe it is an age thing.

But what you mainly don't seem to grasp is that some of us think the buckets also are uncomfortable, you think it is about saving a few bucks 🤣🤣

No...I don't think it's about saving a few bucks...the black car I referred to actually had the buckets and just skipped everything else.

If you wanted to save a few bucks you'd spec the buckets and then pull them out and sell them...

NVRANUF 04-11-2018 02:56 PM

LWB and the sweater is free.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...40a82272ed.jpg

:p

Andial 04-11-2018 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by AndreasPeriera (Post 14933799)

you are making me think about changing my order from folding buckets to LWBs. I like the look of both of them but I agree the LWBs look more special.

The folding buckets are more special.

TBC63 04-11-2018 08:59 PM

Are my assumptions right? Question is on the possibility of the combinations. Will PAG make me do some other full CXX that triggers a bunch of other options?

I have spent the last week getting in and out of a friends LWB and feel more comfy with the in/out effort (wife might feel different but this won't be a DD)

Tipping point for me could be getting a NO to the CXX on the sofas.

$2,640 18 way
$2,020 w/Leather Seat Back with Deviated Stitch (already doing GT Silver deviated everywhere else)
$3,200 (assumption) for CXX Houndstooth / Pepita if possible
$7,660 TOTAL
VS.
$5200 LWB
$3200 For CXX Inserts in HT / Pepita
$8,400 TOTAL

OG911 04-11-2018 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Chris88 (Post 14925255)

I 100% agree. I spent months debating weather to get 18 way sofas or buckets for a winged GT3. I ended up getting buckets. I am so happy with my decision. I love those seats, they are the best. Getting in and out of the car you will get used to over a short period of time but once you are in the car driving you would appreciate how good the buckets are. It's part of the driving experience for a GT car winged or not winged. You sit low strapped into the seat, your legs are straighter, just feels awesome. I had a previous Carrera S with 14 way seats and i currently use Cayenne GTS as a daily driver with 8 way seats. The buckets are the best!
At the end of the day you choose what you like but i don't think comfy seats are made for a GT car. Good luck:)

brainzito 04-11-2018 10:39 PM

Thank you all. I ended up going with buckets. Couldn't resist the looks of them, I also had a chance to sit in my friend's GT3 for an extended ride and while a PITA to get in/out, they're actually quite comfortable.

parabola19 04-11-2018 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by TBC63 (Post 14935659)
Are my assumptions right? Question is on the possibility of the combinations. Will PAG make me do some other full CXX that triggers a bunch of other options?

I have spent the last week getting in and out of a friends LWB and feel more comfy with the in/out effort (wife might feel different but this won't be a DD)

Tipping point for me could be getting a NO to the CXX on the sofas.

$2,640 18 way
$2,020 w/Leather Seat Back with Deviated Stitch (already doing GT Silver deviated everywhere else)
$3,200 (assumption) for CXX Houndstooth / Pepita if possible
$7,660 TOTAL
VS.
$5200 LWB
$3200 For CXX Inserts in HT / Pepita
$8,400 TOTAL

I was recently ordering a GT3 T before the GM at my dealer called and offered me an RS allocation. Florian at Exclusive told me that the standard insert which runs 3k was not available to due to capacity and the only way to get it was to do the full seat customization which runs 8k. Fortunately the Rs made the decision null. So make sure you get confirmation.

Betelgeuse 04-18-2018 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Archimedes (Post 14929259)

Hey, Archie!... when is your GTSilver Touring coming in?!... oh, yes... I like the LWBs in my Spyder a lot; really supportive and tres chic! The 4-way ss+ in my Touring are also terrific and were a must for me (I utilize the rear stowage area for soft luggage & golf clubs). I find the thigh/hip bolster support better in the LWBs, and the bolsters on the torso about the same.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your Touring!

Cheers,

Claudio

TylerCoupe 04-19-2018 12:25 AM

destaccado

congrats on getting your .2 GT3. Did you post pics somewhere. I may have missed them.

NM. Found the thread. Congrats.

Alan Smithee 04-19-2018 05:30 AM

Is painting the seat backs of the sofas still a CXX option? Can’t stand the grey plastic, and am not a fan of leather.