Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r-229/)
-   -   Smokies 2018 is coming! (https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1045328-smokies-2018-is-coming.html)

TRAKCAR 02-06-2018 07:48 PM

It’s like 7 hours from South Florida..
We plan to leave 6am and do a leasurely ride up with many stops Erik has the bladder of a little child.
A few more will join I’m sure. Should be quite the convoy.

sgroer 02-06-2018 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by jo_ker (Post 14781117)
never was in southeastern US.

could fly in from Munich.

but where to get a proper car from? to fly my blackbetty in - would be complicated..
or who would offer a occasional co-driver seat? :) all the drinks i would pay :cheers:

Lots of right seats open (20 of the 58 cars registered so far are just drivers) - you could find a ride and I'm sure also find some time to drive. And you'd set a Smokies record for distance traveled to the event!

Five12Free 02-06-2018 09:34 PM

Not sure if my wife is going to make it yet. Is there any where to add her later if she decides to go?

sgroer 02-06-2018 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Five12Free (Post 14782762)
Not sure if my wife is going to make it yet. Is there any where to add her later if she decides to go?

Did you register already? If yes, yeah we can add her later If no, go ahead and register and we can add her later. Just email us to make a change and pay the additional fee.

So, the shorter answer.. yes :D

Five12Free 02-06-2018 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by sgroer (Post 14782786)
Did you register already? If yes, yeah we can add her later If no, go ahead and register and we can add her later. Just email us to make a change and pay the additional fee.

So, the shorter answer.. yes :D

thanks for the prompt answer!

Alan C. 02-06-2018 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by sgroer (Post 14782722)
Lots of right seats open (20 of the 58 cars registered so far are just drivers) - you could find a ride and I'm sure also find some time to drive. And you'd set a Smokies record for distance traveled to the event!

I'd be happy to offer some time in my car.

ajw45 02-07-2018 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by jo_ker (Post 14781117)
never was in southeastern US.

could fly in from Munich.

but where to get a proper car from? to fly my blackbetty in - would be complicated..
or who would offer a occasional co-driver seat? :) all the drinks i would pay :cheers:

​​​​​​​If my father decides not to go happy to share some drive time my car as well. The roads and event are so great I wouldn't mind being a passenger sometimes just to take it all in.

mwar99 02-07-2018 12:10 AM

I will most likely have an empty right seat too...

disden 02-07-2018 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Five12Free (Post 14782762)

my wife hates cars, hates going with me to car events, hates when I talk about cars, get the idea?

However, she loved going to Smokies, she couldn’t wait to go again! I had a schedule conflict this year and she made me bend over backwards the fix it so we could again.

Take your wife, she’ll enjoy it.

jo_ker 02-07-2018 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 14781282)
I'm from Italy, and I've driven all the mountain passes in Europe, and many famous roads in the world... I'm telling you you've never experienced race-track like roads like where we are going with Smokies. It's a driving experience you simply can't miss. Google hwy 28, cherohala skyway, the dragon - 129, blueridge parkway.. hwy 60 out of Suches. These are racetrack smooth, perfectly cambered roads with all kinds of decreasing radius turns, big flowing turns, switchbacks from hell.. like a videogame. The vistas may not be like in Europe, and you may very well die from how terribly low quality and unhealthy the food is in the SE USA, but if you make it to Smokies you'll never forget the driving experience.

Also, you get to meet everyone and put a face to their ridiculous posts and then laugh with them about your own ridiculous posts. It's epic.

DO IT.

thank you Alex.
i heard of the dragon - all the rest what i see seems similar amazing. i need also your face in real once to link it with the ridiculous posts :) Geneva?

Originally Posted by Alan C. (Post 14781864)
Bring a thick wallet if Sean takes you up on that one😁

please send me beforehand a picture of Sean - so i know which seat i have to avoid. not that i can´t get back to EU because flat broke :D

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR (Post 14782567)
Oh f@ck...

i love you too. and looking forward to meet you and your fedex automobile again! :bigbye:

Originally Posted by ajw45 (Post 14783044)
If my father decides not to go happy to share some drive time my car as well. The roads and event are so great I wouldn't mind being a passenger sometimes just to take it all in.

lets be in touch in case! thank you straightaway!

Originally Posted by mwar99 (Post 14783054)
I will most likely have an empty right seat too...

super! thank you.

Originally Posted by sgroer (Post 14782722)

sounds perfect. we should have it fixed within this week!

jo_ker 02-07-2018 10:19 AM

thanks to the Smokies Team everything was running smooth.
And so. Tata :rockon: - its fixed:

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...6dea953da0.jpg

looking forward to all of you!

:cheers:

Who from our EU members will join me? :icon107:

tasman 02-07-2018 11:26 AM

Looking forward to meeting you. Awesome you are coming

CAlexio 02-07-2018 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by jo_ker
thank you Alex.
i heard of the dragon - all the rest what i see seems similar amazing. i need also your face in real once to link it with the ridiculous posts :) Geneva?please send me beforehand a picture of Sean - so i know which seat i have to avoid. not that i can´t get back to EU because flat broke :Di love you too. and looking forward to meet you and your fedex automobile again! :bigbye:lets be in touch in case! thank you straightaway!super! thank you.sounds perfect. we should have it fixed within this week!

Geneva auto show March 12th.. we can take ridiculous selfies

jo_ker 02-07-2018 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by CAlexio (Post 14784217)
Geneva auto show March 12th.. we can take ridiculous selfies

Geneva selfies - last year two guys came by and asked how to record cool car reviews. first lets start with a photo i said...

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...37fdd815a3.jpg

There have to be a reason why you are not on 8th - as i will be. :crying:
so you have to remix your schedule and come to Smokies. :)

Haku 02-07-2018 05:03 PM

jo_ker, thrilled its worked out!

There a bunch of folks who'll be happy to have you share their ride.
Thanks for making the effort.