Sponsored by:

991.2 gt3 options

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2017, 02:59 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

Buy what you want.
I wouldn't get a red one, so I'm no help.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:53 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,801 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
If you are iffy on the options than don't get'em. No need to max out the budget. Put the savings towards track time and incidentals like alignment, tires, etc.
Word up....the cost of PCCBs and Front Lift buy LOTS of brake pads and tires.
Old 07-17-2017, 05:38 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Great build....I would consider the lift....I know it's been beaten up on this board but a good portion of buyers need it.....and believe it or not having it helps tremendously on resale or trade....
Old 07-17-2017, 06:25 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Great build....I would consider the lift....I know it's been beaten up on this board but a good portion of buyers need it.....and believe it or not having it helps tremendously on resale or trade....
i added lift on my build solely because of European Delivery. I know locally I would never use it, but overseas I have no clue what will be thrown at me. I have bottomed out/scraped much higher sitting vehicles in Europe just trying to get out of those damn steep parking garages! Remember the old Top Gear episode when they couldn't get out of parking garages?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:49 AM
ditdr
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Word up....the cost of PCCBs and Front Lift buy LOTS of brake pads and tires.
That is my thinking! I doubt I'll be lucky enough to get the caliper color change so it'll probably be steels! I love the idea of no brake dust but I can always swap pads for a lower dust friction element if necessary! I'll spec the lift just because it's kind of cool!
Old 07-17-2017, 11:16 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I have a 991.1 GT3 with lift and also had a GT4. The GT4 didn't scrape at my driveway entrance while the GT3 will scrape a lot unless lifted. So GT3 without lift is lower than GT4.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:05 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
I have a 991.1 GT3 with lift and also had a GT4. The GT4 didn't scrape at my driveway entrance while the GT3 will scrape a lot unless lifted. So GT3 without lift is lower than GT4.
It's the longer front overhang of the GT3 which causes that.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:51 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I am doing a front splitter (spoiler?) delete.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:07 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,314 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
It's the longer front overhang of the GT3 which causes that.
Says the RL member who cancelled their GT3 order and got a 981 Spyder (with a shortened lip) instead and still couldn't get it into their garage due to their living location and/or design peculiarities/age of their garage entrance.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:29 PM
ditdr
Track Day

Any regrets on your 991.1? I'm definitely getting the lift. Also I'm assuming that is your car's wheel in your picture? Any regrets about getting regular brakes (assuming they are regular brakes) instead of pccbs?
Old 07-17-2017, 07:05 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ditdr
Any regrets on your 991.1? I'm definitely getting the lift. Also I'm assuming that is your car's wheel in your picture? Any regrets about getting regular brakes (assuming they are regular brakes) instead of pccbs?
Yes that's my wheel in my icon. I'm second owner so didn't spec the car but I like the options. PCCBs would win me more bragging rights and eliminate brake dust, but I don't think I'd feel any difference. Moreover, the red calipers look nice with the GT Silver with Martini livery and with the red stitching inside.

Have a GT3.2 allocation for late this year and haven't finalized spec yet. Hoping for PTS. Will probably get PCCBs this time (especially if PTS); thinking to get satin alum wheels which would be a bear to keep clean of brake dust otherwise.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:44 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by ExMB
Says the RL member who cancelled their GT3 order and got a 981 Spyder (with a shortened lip) instead and still couldn't get it into their garage due to their living location and/or design peculiarities/age of their garage entrance.

Haha! You have a long memory.. yes I'm speaking more for people who live in "normal" places. I Still can't park even the spyder in my garage you're right. I thought I was so smart,. Went and got a girlfriend (then fiancée... nice flat garage entrance at her place).. my "first date" conversations started with "sooo, tell me about your... garage entrance"...

Problem is that now she's moving in to my place and I'm back to square one with same problem.. plus another incoming so it feels like 2015 all over again. X2.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:28 PM
ditdr
Track Day

Yes that's my wheel in my icon. I'm second owner so didn't spec the car but I like the options. PCCBs would win me more bragging rights and eliminate brake dust, but I don't think I'd feel any difference. Moreover, the red calipers look nice with the GT Silver with Martini livery and with the red stitching inside.

Have a GT3.2 allocation for late this year and haven't finalized spec yet. Hoping for PTS. Will probably get PCCBs this time (especially if PTS); thinking to get satin alum wheels which would be a bear to keep clean of brake dust otherwise.

Lovely car! And thanks for your feedback! I'll get pccbs if I can get red calipers only! I'm stuck on black wheels which don't show dust as bad!
Old 07-17-2017, 09:30 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,433 Likes on 2,244 Posts

Haha! You have a long memory.. yes I'm speaking more for people who live in "normal" places. I Still can't park even the spyder in my garage you're right. I thought I was so smart,. Went and got a girlfriend (then fiancée... nice flat garage entrance at her place).. my "first date" conversations started with "sooo, tell me about your... garage entrance"...

Problem is that now she's moving in to my place and I'm back to square one with same problem.. plus another incoming so it feels like 2015 all over again. X2.
another girlfriend/finance ... how many do you need/want?
Old 07-17-2017, 09:35 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

LOL this might help..... use it in Colorado, ugly driveway, works great.

http://www.bridjit.com/

and of course zero affiliation

Quick Reply: 991.2 gt3 options