Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone order and get a confirmed build date for a GT3.2 recently?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2017, 06:05 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Anyone order and get a confirmed build date for a GT3.2 recently?

I swear I read a whole bunch of threads before I decided to post this topic. Honest injun and cross my heart.

Anyhow, I heard from the dealership that Porsche has pushed back build dates for the US, supposedly to retool and make room for the rush of manual transmission orders. The reason I ask is that I have a build sheet and a guaranteed allotment when they get them, but no firm date on the allotment date nor build date. So, I was wondering if anyone recently, like in the last few weeks, in the US has received a confirmation of a build or was given a build date.

Thanks.
Old 07-10-2017, 06:26 PM
InnovateGT3
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

From what I understand dealers know in advance how many GT3's they will be receiving.

Those dealers take orders and fill them with customers and submit to Germany. Once Porsche knows the demand +1 for GT3's of PDK and Manual configurations, they begin filling those dealer allocations (PDK allocations already in production). While they are assessing those demand numbers they also look at production to slot in PTS cars. If manual production begins in September I would presume that would-be customers will start receiving notifications on build date and lock date this month. And if that manual production (let's say roughly two months of) begins in September you'll see PTS allocations for November with early 2018 delivery.

Someone correct me if I am wrong...
Old 07-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 718 Likes on 394 Posts

I don't think the next round of allocations has been released yet.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:49 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 378 Likes on 203 Posts

Got mine today - Canadian. Here December 1st.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:14 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

palting, been a long time since u last posted.
yes, i know several with confirmed dates.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:49 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the responses, all.

Mooty, yes, it has been a while. Now, I'm on again and nosey as ever I know there has been at least one round of allocations here in the US, and these were rapidly used up. These may be the ones you know who have confirmed dates. Then allocations seem to have stopped, and rumors abound about Porsche pushing back build dates and allocations. So, I was wondering if there was a recent new round of allocations and build dates, specifically sometime within the last few weeks, and specifically here in the US.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:32 PM
mbriggs993
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

I confirmed my build with my dealer last week. I have V250 vehicle fixed on 9/8 with vehicle completion as 9/15 and dealer inventory expected as 11/24. Hope those hold.
Old 07-10-2017, 11:40 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Congratulations, Mark! I am green with envy. Or is it jealousy? LOL! Unless I am wrong, though, a September build is actually one of the first customer builds, part of the first round allocations. You lucky dog! According to my dealer, you are in the same league as the boys that have 918's, the VIPs that get first shot at anything Porsche.
Old 07-11-2017, 09:54 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Porsche and VW are still having pretty significant EPA problems - every car is being scrutinized and I suspect that they're unhappy with the Cayenne Disesel handling now as well. In my idiot opinion, Porsche is reallocating current production slots to other markets and delaying the round 2 allocations.
Old 07-11-2017, 10:58 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

As been posted before, all US production dates have been delayed by at least 45 days. US production was to begin this month and now has been delayed until September. This should not affect the next round of allocations which dealers should receive in Sept/Oct.
Old 07-11-2017, 12:08 PM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick
As been posted before, all US production dates have been delayed by at least 45 days. US production was to begin this month and now has been delayed until September. This should not affect the next round of allocations which dealers should receive in Sept/Oct.
I must have been late on the news cycle then, because I thought production for the US market was always supposed to start September. So, I guess I'll post a similar thread in October. Thanks for the update, Nick
Old 07-11-2017, 01:22 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

Many of us were disappointed to hear that our July build dates were pushed back until September. My build date was July 21st and now September 1st with completion September 15th (which seems wrong). More importantly, Porsche advised dealers that NO US GT3's will ship before September 15th.

Porsche has not stated a reason for the delay. Many of us suspect emission issues for both the US and Europe. Because of Europe new emission standards going into effect June 2018, Porsche may be trying to make as many European cars as they can before the deadline. That may have played a role in why US cars build dates were move to September from July.

Though I do not have solid information on additional allocations, it is my belief dealers will get them in September if not sooner.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:30 PM
Mooserds
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Latest word is that next allocations will hit dealers in the September - October time frame. There should be no additional allocations until then.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:06 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

I wonder if this time delay will be "made up" in future quarters - either by increasing production/shipment during future quarters, or increasing the production timeline.
Old 07-11-2017, 03:08 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 86 Likes on 45 Posts

Many of us were disappointed to hear that our July build dates were pushed back until September. My build date was July 21st and now September 1st with completion September 15th (which seems wrong). More importantly, Porsche advised dealers that NO US GT3's will ship before September 15th.

Porsche has not stated a reason for the delay. Many of us suspect emission issues for both the US and Europe. Because of Europe new emission standards going into effect June 2018, Porsche may be trying to make as many European cars as they can before the deadline. That may have played a role in why US cars build dates were move to September from July.

Though I do not have solid information on additional allocations, it is my belief dealers will get them in September if not sooner.

So will this push back all build times/dates? For example, I was told October build, January delivery. Will this be pushed back 45 days also and all future build dates?

Quick Reply: Anyone order and get a confirmed build date for a GT3.2 recently?