Sponsored by:

Gt owners who also own 981 boxster Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 03:50 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
If you want to lose fat- work out in AM before any food. Fat burn mode right away
Thank you for that bit of advice. I have bad habit of working out at night. First thing tomorrow will try this... I'm so not a morning person
Old 07-14-2017, 04:15 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,800 Likes on 2,166 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
did sprints as hard as I could up the very steep outside my house today, going to try this HIIT thing. I also do the restricted fasting, but not 4 hours!!!! I keep it within 8 hours.. bfst around 9, done with any food by 5pm.
Yeah, I started the 8/16 IF eating 3x a day for the first few weeks and then went down to 4/20 IF eating 2x a day. You'll get used to it very quickly. I did a 25 hour fast a few weeks back for the first time and only got slightly hungry for about 10-15 minutes around the time that I normally eat during the day (around 11am). What was crazy was that I went to my good friend's 40th birthday dinner last weekend...ate mostly meat and salad but then had a small piece of birthday cake. Oh man, it tasted soooooo sweet (unlike every before) that I had to drink water after every bite to dilute the sweetness. My desire for sweets keeps decreasing as I continue the low carb eating.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:29 AM
MerlinRS
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah, I started the 8/16 IF eating 3x a day for the first few weeks and then went down to 4/20 IF eating 2x a day. You'll get used to it very quickly. I did a 25 hour fast a few weeks back for the first time and only got slightly hungry for about 10-15 minutes around the time that I normally eat during the day (around 11am). What was crazy was that I went to my good friend's 40th birthday dinner last weekend...ate mostly meat and salad but then had a small piece of birthday cake. Oh man, it tasted soooooo sweet (unlike every before) that I had to drink water after every bite to dilute the sweetness. My desire for sweets keeps decreasing as I continue the low carb eating.
Many great insights in this thread, just make sure that you aren't getting caught up in the details! Simply think cause & effect. Eating healthy, frequently and within your calory range coupled with exercise that pushes you will lead to results. For those who want to lose weight, my suggestion is to find a sport that they really enjoy and join the club. That way, "workout" feels like joy. HIIT is super effectice though!

I had to go the other way from skinny to muscular over the last 4 1/2 years:
Fall 2012, age ~ 15
Summer 17, age 19.5Now all I need is a Spyder and a GT3!! 😊
Old 07-14-2017, 08:49 AM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

If you want to lose fat- work out in AM before any food. Fat burn mode right away
that's what I do , for that reason ....plus I gulp down 6 ounces strong black coffee right before my 5am workouts start as studies show that increases performance vs no caffeine

HIIT seems to work by increasing biomass and efficiency of our cells' powerplants ( mitochondria ) via DNA activation

HIIT wiki :

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High...erval_training

HIIT and its use has been focused more on younger people , but this just-released scientific abstract is but the latest research in lab mice or people showing perhaps the even greater benefits of HIIT for older folks , but as I prev stated , be sure you clear it with your physician if you are unsure of your current cardiovascular / physical status ...it could be like taking a long-stored car right to the drag strip for repeated blasts !

" High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) improves physical performance and frailty in aged mice.
Seldeen KL, et al. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2017.

Abstract

Sarcopenia ( loss of muscle tissue as a natural part of the aging process) and frailty are highly prevalent in older individuals, increasing the risk of disability and loss of independence. High intensity interval training (HIIT) may provide a robust intervention for both sarcopenia and frailty by achieving both strength and endurance benefits with lower time commitments than other exercise regimens. To better understand the impacts of HIIT during aging, we compared 24-month-old sedentary mice with those that were administered 10-minute uphill treadmill HIIT sessions three times per week over 16 weeks. Baseline and endpoint assessments included body composition, physical performance, and frailty based upon criteria from the Fried physical frailty scale. HIIT trained mice demonstrated dramatic improvement in grip strength ..... treadmill endurance ....:and gait speed . Muscles from HIIT mice also exhibited greater mass, larger fiber size, and an increase in mitochondrial biomass. Furthermore, HIIT exercise showed dramatic reduction in frailty scores in 5 of 6 mice that were frail or pre-frail at baseline, with 4 ultimately becoming non-frail. The uphill treadmill HIIT exercise sessions were well tolerated by aged mice and led to dramatic performance gains, improvement in underlying muscle physiology, and reduction in frailty.

Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of The Gerontological Society of America 2017. This work is written by (a) US Government employee(s) and is in the public domain in the US.
PMID 28633487 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Full text at journal site "

Last edited by MKW; 07-14-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 02:31 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Suicide Jockey
Jeff, I'm late coming to this thread. Congrats on your Spyder delivery! Glad it worked out. Have fun in that beauty
Thank you sir for all the helpful insight and pointers. Love this spyder!
Old 07-14-2017, 03:27 PM
twentyseven
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts

Man, supposedly all of these people looking for Spyders so I list mine for sale here and get nothing.. now this thread has turned into a sausage party. Maybe I should post a shirtless pic in the classified ad
Old 07-14-2017, 05:10 PM
MerlinRS
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by twentyseven
Man, supposedly all of these people looking for Spyders so I list mine for sale here and get nothing.. now this thread has turned into a sausage party. Maybe I should post a shirtless pic in the classified ad
sorry - I can remove it if it makes you feel uncomfortable!

I just appreciate if the Rennlist discussion goes into the sports direction and wanted to contribute with a real life example.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:13 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

Time for ...

Dog or Bike?
Attached Images   
Old 07-20-2017, 09:29 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

If you drop carbs, you'll be in fat burn mode 24/7. Also could do a full workout after a 24hr fast, no problem.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:38 AM
Mooserds
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Came here looking for a discussion on GT & Spyders. Can we rename this thread "Skinny Dude Selfies"?
Old 07-20-2017, 10:02 AM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Mooserds
Came here looking for a discussion on GT & Spyders. Can we rename this thread "Skinny Dude Selfies"?
Both gt cars and spyders drive better with lighter drivers that are not dead.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:20 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by Mooserds
Old 07-21-2017, 01:59 AM
superchargedman
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a bunch of spyders in Canada, particularly Vancouver. Still marked up though strangely.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:31 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by superchargedman
There's a bunch of spyders in Canada, particularly Vancouver. Still marked up though strangely.
Because they are awesomeName:  photo753.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  283.7 KB

Quick Reply: Gt owners who also own 981 boxster Spyder