Every time he found one he liked n tried to negotiate it would sell
So he swallowed his pride and paid up for he exact spec car he wanted
Lwb cars don't last long if priced 6-8 k oversticker w low miles
So if you find one you like don't hesitate
Old 07-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

I've had the opposite problem. I've been thinking of buying back into Spyder world, but I want the sofas, the LWBs just don't work for me, particularly in this kind of car. Found a gorgeous, delivery mile car set up very close to the way I would spec it...but it has LWBs, which add to the cost and the premium.
Old 07-01-2017, 03:03 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I've had the opposite problem. I've been thinking of buying back into Spyder world, but I want the sofas, the LWBs just don't work for me, particularly in this kind of car. Found a gorgeous, delivery mile car set up very close to the way I would spec it...but it has LWBs, which add to the cost and the premium.
Buy it and sell /swap the LWBs?
Old 07-01-2017, 04:43 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dalema
Buy it and sell /swap the LWBs?
I'm considering that, but aside from the PITA and the likelihood the stitching won't match, I'd be overpaying for the car by about $10k when you add in both the cost of the seats and the fact that sellers with LWB seem to want a much bigger premium.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:51 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,953 Likes on 555 Posts

I'm considering that, but aside from the PITA and the likelihood the stitching won't match, I'd be overpaying for the car by about $10k when you add in both the cost of the seats and the fact that sellers with LWB seem to want a much bigger premium.
I'll take the LWB cars you found. I have found a bunch of sofa cars on my search and might be able to convince someone to give me a discount
Old 07-02-2017, 03:15 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yes - definitely would be a hassle, but I bet someone would be willing to pay for the seats and cover the install labor.

What specs are you looking for? Maybe take a look at the spreadsheet that lists all the configs to see how many are even close to that. Could get lucky and cross match with the folks that reported their ownership on here.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
I'll take the LWB cars you found. I have found a bunch of sofa cars on my search and might be able to convince someone to give me a discount
I know of an off-market dealer miles (15) LWB car that the owner said he will sell at the right price, but I'm almost certain he will want a solid premium for it. My guess is that it would take at least $10-15k over to buy the car, and I'm not certain he'd sell to a dealer. But if you would like, I could tell him you're looking for Spyders.
Old 07-02-2017, 03:25 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dalema
Yes - definitely would be a hassle, but I bet someone would be willing to pay for the seats and cover the install labor.

What specs are you looking for? Maybe take a look at the spreadsheet that lists all the configs to see how many are even close to that. Could get lucky and cross match with the folks that reported their ownership on here.
I'm looking for a unicorn. Super low mile, GT Silver, black interior, sofas, platinum satin wheels, Bose, at a reasonable price. And this is probably the worst time to be looking for that, so I'm just gonna sit and wait on the off chance the market moves and/or more cars come on the market. I really like the Spyder I owned for the 7-8 months I owned it, but I'm not over the moon about the car like some people are and, personally, I don't think they're worth a premium over sticker.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:40 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I'm looking for a unicorn. Super low mile, GT Silver, black interior, sofas, platinum satin wheels, Bose, at a reasonable price. And this is probably the worst time to be looking for that, so I'm just gonna sit and wait on the off chance the market moves and/or more cars come on the market. I really like the Spyder I owned for the 7-8 months I owned it, but I'm not over the moon about the car like some people are and, personally, I don't think they're worth a premium over sticker.
If you're looking for something really that specific, your best bet is to go on that spreadsheet and find the VIN numbers with those specs doing a basic excel query and then hunt down those specific vins. Just for the purposes of betting, id say there are maybe 2-3 like that in the US?.. so.. happy hunting for that needle in the haystack unless you're willing to flex.

Will be interesting to see what your query results look like.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

There was one with all of those options for sale about three weeks ago but it sold right before I contacted them.

Now I scan the ads all over every week. If one comes up, I'll see it. If not, no big deal. There's always another car/the next Spyder. With the premiums folks are asking, it's unlikely I could get a deal done in my price range now anyway.
Old 07-02-2017, 11:28 PM
twentyseven
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts

There's a pricing discussion thread over in the 987-981 forum at the moment. You might want to post the question over there as well.
Thanks, I must have glossed right over that thread..

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
depends on ur spec. LWB is a must for a top dollar sale. If you have a nice color, lwb, didn't go crazy with useless options, and less than 5k miles - I think you can get 5k over sticker.
Thanks ez!

No LWB on mine - heated seats are more important on a convertible IMO so I spec'd the 18ways (I think they suit the street nature of the car better). Sticker was 103k; car is white, 4800mi, leather everything, some useless options and Burmester
Old 07-07-2017, 07:53 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Well this maybe boring to some it's not an R or a GT2RS, but this thing is awesome to drive and light .......finally picked it up after a week or so at the dealer due to travel.
Attached Images     
Old 07-08-2017, 12:04 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Great Car!

Here's a few quick pics of taking delivery
Attached Images    
Old 07-08-2017, 12:13 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

Amazing classic killer spec ......I had no idea what treat this thing is to drive. Feels like a go-cart.
Old 07-08-2017, 12:21 PM
p997s123
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Here's a few quick pics of taking delivery
Did u buy that from The Collection?

Quick Reply: Gt owners who also own 981 boxster Spyder