Sponsored by:

The *Official* "Totally OT, but too cool not to post anyway" thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 05:39 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts
Default The *Official* "Totally OT, but too cool not to post anyway" thread

You know when you have something so cool you just gotta share with other gearheads, but there isn't a single place on the entire internets you can find which is appropriate enough?

Ok dear refugees, I welcome your cool but as of yet homeless material. Just be amazing, be Off topic, but please don't be naked bobblehead because, well.. you already know what will happen don't you? (Just trust me, being allowed to be reborn is a very confusing existence)

Anyway, I'll start with these four pics which I snapped from my rental FIAT 124 Spider this morning driving down from Lake Como to Milan airport. All those things I just mentioned are cool but that's not the point of my post.

What happened was....
... I was At the toll booth to pay my 2.20 euro toll, and I just happened to peek over to my left a strange set of red tail lights hanging out on a trailer a few slots down from me. Unfortunately the dingbat Hungarian ahead of me had incorrect change so we got stuck waiting while the magic tail lights to my left disappeared and took my curiosity with them. After a ridiculous and painful wait it was my turn to pay and sprint out of the tollbooth. I revved that little POS 1.4 liter turbo engine out for all it was worth and peeled away. I had little hope but Amazingly, about 4-5 minutes later I caught up to this dream weaver of a vision.:

Gen 1 2-door rangey in brown ( #perfection) towing, a red 250TR. What's exponentially more than Infiniti coolness?.. I don't know, but a loaded crackpipe and 2 mermaids appearing in my bathtub couldn't have made me more excited.

I double dare anyone to beat this...

(I swear if you post a picture of yourself with 2 mermaids and a crackpipe I'll probably die, and that will be on YOUR conscience, not mine.. YOURS!)

MAJOR EDIT: plane took off before pictures posted. #fail as the kids say. Back on US soil and able to post them now.
Attached Images     

Last edited by CAlexio; 06-17-2017 at 06:58 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:08 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Infinitly cool? Name:  photo424.jpg
Views: 3203
Size:  124.2 KB "Pictures or it didn't happen"

Last edited by Kobalt; 06-17-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:43 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Hard to tell if that is a real TR, but sure is cool looking! Not the way you would usually see a $10M+ vehicle being transported.

Jim
Old 06-19-2017, 02:42 AM
ShootingStar
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those fender vents make it look suspect.

Old 06-20-2017, 02:44 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Replica
Old 06-20-2017, 08:55 AM
NoPaddleShiftFor
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by montoya
Replica
Talking of Replicas. Here is me in my F430 passing a 330GT made to look like a 250GTO at a rainy track day in Scotland.

I usually don't admit it's a replica when I show the video this snapshot is taken from.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:58 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Replica or not, that is a pretty cool sighting.

Quick story, I remember my first day at Pininfarina.... the twenty-year old me hoped off the bus with eyes full of sparkles. When I got to the small security station, the security guard on duty was pretty dubious of my right to get inside. After spending a couple minutes on his phone talking in loud whispers he silently gestured me to go in.

After taking a couple dozen steps towards the front entrance I heard the roar of an engine through the early morning mist.... Just as quick as my mind could identify the sound as a Colombo v12, a 250swb lept around the corner with screeching tires and going completely sideways. My eyes met with the driver's and an unabashed grin flickered onto his face. As quickly as he appeared the car slid out of view around the next corner.

Good times, great memories. I came to find out later they were doing "comparative testing" for the then-being-developed 599.

-Andrew

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Last edited by gmgracing; 06-20-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-07-2017, 08:44 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Here is a bike I've been building for 3+ years. We are close to getting done, we are making the tail around the titanium exhaust, then electronics, then finishings, take it apart for paint, then reassemble... then somehow register this monster in California haha. So.. maybe not as close as I'd like.. but that's what happens when you go full ground-up custom to realize your dream, 3 years and 911 money on two wheels.

Oh well.. she cool to me.
Attached Images     
Old 07-07-2017, 09:08 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^WOW That machine is seriously sick in a hugely healthy way .

in another words totally the ***** , and I would say a big set needed to hammer that thing .

very cool
Old 07-07-2017, 09:28 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Quite the monster! Respect!
Layman here, but does the front have any shock absorption?
Old 07-07-2017, 09:34 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

^looks like a large spring at the top of front fork assembly to many frame

but total laymen's eye here
Old 07-07-2017, 09:40 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by hf1
Quite the monster! Respect!
Layman here, but does the front have any shock absorption?
Oh yes, we engineered a front end which keeps same angle as the original superbike 999 frame, 24.5 degrees, with a central mounted spring and custom triples. I'll find a few other pics to demo the system.. works just like forks, only the entire front end moves in unison. Of course it's heavier than forks, but this bike was all about art.. I'm sacrificing performance to some extent. The idea was to give a totally different visual and confuse people... mission achieved I guess.

Check out the twinned front disks.. 4 in total with dual slot calipers.. like airplane brakes from a company called Berlinger... took forever to match to the wheel hubs which themselves are tubeless asymmetrical wire wheels specially made for this bike. I could go on.. I'm so in love with this project.

Below are some pics of the engineering we did on the front end. As well as the old tail with the low-sling version of the exhaust before we built this complete titanium one.. I should have left well-enough alone but I never know when to get off the train in life...
Attached Images           
Old 07-08-2017, 11:41 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

If that's real - that's super-cool! Somehow i find it hard to believe that someone would transport that valuable of a car like that. If you can afford it, you have it transported in a truck. So maybe replica?
Old 07-09-2017, 11:58 AM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very cool Alex, but please be careful. Life is too precious and we all only have one.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:19 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

This has to be the most beautiful pure car design I've ever seen. It's some kind of Lister with a small-block v8?
Attached Images     

Quick Reply: The *Official* "Totally OT, but too cool not to post anyway" thread