Sponsored by:

I need a new dealer... GT3RS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 03:20 AM
avi8tir
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I need a new dealer... GT3RS

Here's the story... I have lost all confidence in my current dealer. I have spec ordered cars in a row now: 997.1 Turbo, 997.2 GT3, 991.1 GT3. During the ordering process of my 991.1 GT3 the communication was absolutely horrendous.

First, the process of securing my allocation (which had been confirmed at least a year in advance by said dealer - ie. I was number 3 on their list) but couldn't get a good response when the GT3 was actually released to the ordering process (I insisted on PTS so I delayed my allocation ultimately by 6 months until I gave up and just ordered white) to communication during production etc. Emails would go with no response... after multiple attempts, I would get a "sorry, there's something wrong with my email" response. As well, I would send directly to my sales person with no response. I said then that the 991.1 GT3 would be the last car I ordered through said dealer.

BUT, during all of that I was able to confirm that I would be at the top of the list for the 991.2 GT3RS -- whenever it should come out.

So, now I am playing the email game and getting no response, which was the exact story from last time.

Worst part is, I am dealing with the general manager!

Now, I will not mention the dealer, but I am just tired of this lack of service, especially for a true repeat customer.

I would prefer a west coast dealer as this is where the car would end up BUT doesn't matter where the new dealer is..... shipping a car is easy. I just expect good service and to pay MSRP, and not a penny more. I would prefer a west coast dealer as this is where the car would end up.

PS, said dealer is located in SoCal.... that's all I'll say.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:30 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

if u are afraid to disclose the name of the de4ealer than we can't help you.

if email not working, why dont you call them? i have my interns call every 5 min. and i have a lot of interns. jam up their phone line.

this PTS thing is a lie. many say they dont know when it opens... well, you know that certain so cal dealer was able to get literally all their RS in PTS. wow, what a coincidence.....

i dont mean to sound like a s**, i am also a "victim"... and i have bought wa more cars than the one's you listed. frankly they dont give a sh(*t...

need to get my meds now. good luck to you
Old 06-12-2017, 04:17 AM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I think most people are having troubles. Seems to be a common thread on here. I've heard CJ mention multiple time he has way more people asking than he has allocations.

I'm betting some of the unscrupulous dealers (especially so cal and NorCal Bay Area dealers are counting dead presidents and are likely going to start trying to capitalize on this). Remember you have no contract by just being on a list - you need a writing and consideration to be binding. It's unfortunate that people will not hold to their word especially since you are a repeat customer. I have had zero positive experiences with any of the so cal and nor cal Bay Area dealers. Similar experience with mclaren in the same markets. I'm guessing it has a lot to do with the substantial amount of discretionary income in those markets now. I'm seeing it in the housing market - those markets have lost touch with the value of money and a relationship the past 4 years especially in the NorCal Bay Area.

However there are some good dealers out there. I believe Porsche of Fresno is one of them but they're tapped on allocations. I thought the Byers guys were straight up as well. Hopefully somebody here can help you out. Good luck with the search!
Old 06-12-2017, 04:27 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
if u are afraid to disclose the name of the de4ealer than we can't help you.

if email not working, why dont you call them? i have my interns call every 5 min. and i have a lot of interns. jam up their phone line.

this PTS thing is a lie. many say they dont know when it opens... well, you know that certain so cal dealer was able to get literally all their RS in PTS. wow, what a coincidence.....

i dont mean to sound like a s**, i am also a "victim"... and i have bought wa more cars than the one's you listed. frankly they dont give a sh(*t...

need to get my meds now. good luck to you
Oh, you mean Walters? The a-holes that like spec'ing their own cars.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:29 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,793 Likes on 2,161 Posts

Originally Posted by avi8tir
Here's the story... I have lost all confidence in my current dealer. I have spec ordered cars in a row now: 997.1 Turbo, 997.2 GT3, 991.1 GT3. During the ordering process of my 991.1 GT3 the communication was absolutely horrendous.

First, the process of securing my allocation (which had been confirmed at least a year in advance by said dealer - ie. I was number 3 on their list) but couldn't get a good response when the GT3 was actually released to the ordering process (I insisted on PTS so I delayed my allocation ultimately by 6 months until I gave up and just ordered white) to communication during production etc. Emails would go with no response... after multiple attempts, I would get a "sorry, there's something wrong with my email" response. As well, I would send directly to my sales person with no response. I said then that the 991.1 GT3 would be the last car I ordered through said dealer.

BUT, during all of that I was able to confirm that I would be at the top of the list for the 991.2 GT3RS -- whenever it should come out.

So, now I am playing the email game and getting no response, which was the exact story from last time.

Worst part is, I am dealing with the general manager!

Now, I will not mention the dealer, but I am just tired of this lack of service, especially for a true repeat customer.

I would prefer a west coast dealer as this is where the car would end up BUT doesn't matter where the new dealer is..... shipping a car is easy. I just expect good service and to pay MSRP, and not a penny more. I would prefer a west coast dealer as this is where the car would end up.

PS, said dealer is located in SoCal.... that's all I'll say.
There aren't that many so cal dealers....it's either Rusnak, The Vampires (see signature), Downtown LA, or Pacific/South Bay. I wouldn't buy a bottle water if I was dying of thirst from any of those crappy dealers.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:42 AM
17bhub
Rennlist Member

Location: Where I get the fresh scent of spent Jet Fuel & see Cold Smoke!
Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm guessing this one^^^. I'll take "A" vowel please
Old 06-12-2017, 04:44 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

No, his dealer is a good SoCal one with a solid rep. OP, you need to sit tight and start picking up the phone vs. email.
Old 06-12-2017, 08:29 AM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,200 Likes on 2,713 Posts

Zero excuse for a lack of response on email. It's 2017 for God's sake. These guys have tons of downtime.

My dealer is very responsive on email, text and phone -- I've bought three cars from them.

Maybe you should have a sit down and lay out your dissatisfaction and your expectations? I've done that before -- it works.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:04 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow! Glad I live in Texas.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:06 PM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by csfastp
shhhh.....don't give away our secret.....
Old 06-12-2017, 12:43 PM
avi8tir
Instructor

Originally Posted by csfastp
Well, I actually did live in Texas when I bought my 991.1 GT3 from the socal dealer (had it shipped to texas)...... Momentum in Houston tried to charge me 8 hours of labor to install my sharkwerks bypass even though I was sitting in the lobby waiting while it was done and it took 45 minutes. Last time I stepped foot in that place!
Old 06-12-2017, 12:45 PM
avi8tir
Instructor

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
There aren't that many so cal dealers....it's either Rusnak, The Vampires (see signature), Downtown LA, or Pacific/South Bay. I wouldn't buy a bottle water if I was dying of thirst from any of those crappy dealers.
Actually it's none of these.... but it is located in LA county..... keep guessing!
Old 06-12-2017, 12:51 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

BH
Old 06-12-2017, 12:53 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

The problem is you won't be able to find a dealer that doesn't already have a list that probably exceeds the number of allocations it will receive. I guess you may be able to find one if your willing to pay over, but I think finding a dealer right now for a msrp car will be extremely difficult as I'm looking for the same thing.
Old 06-12-2017, 12:55 PM
fabe32
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am located in the SF Bay Area and was promised, by the GSM, in writing, that I would get a 2018 GT3RS.2 at MSRP. Some people have purchased more cars than me but: I bought over the last 2 years a GT4, a GT3 and am leasing a Cayenne.

I paid a total of 50K above MSRP for both GT and was OK with it. From the beginning, I made it clear I would keep buying special cars if I was treated respectfully and would "expect" a sticker GT3RS.2, which I am now being offered with no deposit. GM said no deposit was needed for me. I was also told that I won't be the first one for obvious 918 VIP right of refusalreasons but I will get one.

I also service my cars at the same dealership: Porsche of Fremont. So far, no game has been played. The communication has been great between my sales guy, me and the GSM.

I would no have the same expectations as if I were living in the midwest.

Last edited by fabe32; 06-12-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Quick Reply: I need a new dealer... GT3RS